Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Let’s put it this way, I won’t be installing them in MY shower.

We stayed in a rental in Grand Junction last week. There was a mounted set of 3 toiletries. I could not determine which toiletry was which as there was no identification on the bottles except weirdly the brand of the dispending system. We I did try one of them which may or may not have been shower gel. It had a nice fragrance. They also had an old fashioned packaged bar of Beekman and Beekman soap. I ended up just using the bar soap as I love the sudsing of that brand. Good products if you haven’t tried that line.

Pray tell. How do these come in contact with open body parts? Hands, yes. Other body parts? No.
I am imagining some Cirque du Soleil action in the shower or something lol. I bring my own shampoo and stuff because H2O products are horrible on color treated hair, but I am really interested now to know how these people are dispensing their soaps lol

If mold, germs, or contaminates are dispensed on a wash cloth...or mixed in your hands then wiped over the body.
Soap makes water wetter. So it washes off more easily. Plus, it's soap. You use soap to wash and it rinses off. You don't usually put shampoo or conditioner on a wash cloth and usually put it on your hand to put on your hair. Then you rinse it off. Right?

Soap makes water wetter. So it washes off more easily. Plus, it's soap. You use soap to wash and it rinses off. You don't usually put shampoo or conditioner on a wash cloth and usually put it on your hand to put on your hair. Then you rinse it off. Right?

I am not the poster with the disease, but since the condition affects the eyes and if i had the condition, I think I might be inclined also to avoid dispensers of products used on the head shared with strangers. Too close to the eyes for comfort.

Having a condition of any sort totally changes why someone would, or would not, use something. That is very individual and I'd assume, means someone would routinely bring their own stuff, period. As you could never assume even prepackaged and individual containers are safe. What that doesn't do is make them blanket unsafe all the way around.

I am trying to wrap my head around being concerned about soap/cleaning products getting contaminated when to clean them you use soap/cleaning products. Something about that cracks me up. Not to mention, to date, these are not at BWI rooms. Not to say they won't be eventually. I've actually seen wall mounted dispensers at more non-Disney hotels than I have at any of our Disney stays.

I am imagining some Cirque du Soleil action in the shower or something lol. I bring my own shampoo and stuff because H2O products are horrible on color treated hair, but I am really interested now to know how these people are dispensing their soaps lol

This.

I did think out the crazy thoughts of body parts on the dispensers and I don't think it requires one to be a gymnast. I do think the likelihood of people showering and not using washcloths and just their hands to "clean themselves" might be a grossness issue. So if you have people washing themselves with their hands and not a washcloth, sudsing up with the dispenser and putting their hands all over themselves. I think that's how the dispensers might get that EWWW factor. Whether or not there are any germs/diseases you can contract from that, I don't know. But I shower at my gym several times a week and I bring a shower poof in a carrier, I have seen a number of women (it's glass shower doors that you can see through), just shower using hands to wash. I am so grossed out by the thought of using the communal soap dispenser at my gym I now bring my own body wash. I know that is the gym but I tend to think about when a family might run low on towels, their hand may be the next best option for a quick shower.

ETA- This topic has gotten really deep and way off from BWI related issues 😆

We just got back Sunday and had an awesome time, though it was crazy hot last week. BWI is our favorite Disney resort. For those who don’t care for the breakfast offerings at the Boardwalk Bakery, my DH stopped in & bought just a side of bacon. It was 4 large strips of bacon, very good too. And this was the first trip that I tried the ice cream at Ample Hills. Delicious! Now I understand what all the fuss was about. The Disney withdrawal is horrible:sad1:. So I booked another trip for January 26-February 1! I truly have a problem, an addiction to Disney. :joker:

Not to mention, to date, these are not at BWI rooms. Not to say they won't be eventually. I've actually seen wall mounted dispensers at more non-Disney hotels than I have at any of our Disney stays.
See video below posted September 8, 2019 and skip to the 30:12 mark about the BWI. Person stayed on 2nd floor of BWI and dispensers were mounted in the bathroom.

Guys, I have a biochem backgroud. Trust me, the things you touch every day and don't think about it are much more "dirty" than a soap dispenser, and if something might be "contaminated" you will never know it, and it will never effect you (immune issues aside) so why worry about? It literally doesn't matter at all. You come into contact with millions of bacteria, viruses, and other "contaminants" daily. You never know it and it never effects you. A soap dispenser makes no difference to that.

See video below posted September 8, 2019 and skip to the 30:12 mark about the BWI. Person stayed on 2nd floor of BWI and dispensers were mounted in the bathroom.

I did neglect to include CL BWI rooms. That's all we've stayed in thus far
Well, we did have 1 room in Jan that was not technically CL, we just had it added due to overbooking in the CL areas.

We just got back Sunday and had an awesome time, though it was crazy hot last week. BWI is our favorite Disney resort. For those who don’t care for the breakfast offerings at the Boardwalk Bakery, my DH stopped in & bought just a side of bacon. It was 4 large strips of bacon, very good too. And this was the first trip that I tried the ice cream at Ample Hills. Delicious! Now I understand what all the fuss was about. The Disney withdrawal is horrible:sad1:. So I booked another trip for January 26-February 1! I truly have a problem, an addiction to Disney. :joker:
If you have a problem I have a problem too :rotfl2:. I'll be there at the same time, I haven't booked my room yet at BWI because I'm trying to stay hopeful for some good discounts. Thankfully after that trip I already have two others booked so the withdrawal will be lessened (slightly).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter