• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Coming out of lurkdom to ask -how is the wifi at the Boardwalk? Our kiddo will be in bed by 7:30 and we're wondering if the wifi is good enough to stream TV shows on an iPad. Thanks!
I would say in general, wifi across the hotels is perfectly good for streaming. I do it on my laptop all the time.

So what's everyone's opinion on the refillable mugs at Boardwalk. Since there isn't a giant food court like the mods, is it easily accessible to use them at BWI? I found this answer on the mom's panel but I know a lot of times their info is flat out wrong. We didn't use them on our last trip but realized as our kids get older we needed them. We plan to be at the resort AM, midday for swim breaks and late PM so I know we'll get their use.

https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney...-refill-station-boardwalk-go-qs-meals-347974/

They are filled at the bakery which isn't too far a walk from the exits. If you're at the end, away from the elevators, then you'll have a bit of a walk. Same with the main pool as that's the opposite side. I never found it too much a deal to go get refills. I did make sure to always bring our cups with us to the parks so I could stop on our way back to the room and get fresh refills. It would have been nice if they had a set of machines closer to the lobby (at the pool or the market) but it's not horrible.

So what's everyone's opinion on the refillable mugs at Boardwalk. Since there isn't a giant food court like the mods, is it easily accessible to use them at BWI? I found this answer on the mom's panel but I know a lot of times their info is flat out wrong. We didn't use them on our last trip but realized as our kids get older we needed them. We plan to be at the resort AM, midday for swim breaks and late PM so I know we'll get their use.

We only had them because they came with the dining plan, but in the end we really appreciated them. I didn't find it all that difficult running down to the bakery each morning to grab coffee, but our room was very close to the elevators. We spent our pool time at the main pool, so it was very easy to grab a refill at the bar, too.

They are filled at the bakery which isn't too far a walk from the exits. If you're at the end, away from the elevators, then you'll have a bit of a walk. Same with the main pool as that's the opposite side. I never found it too much a deal to go get refills. I did make sure to always bring our cups with us to the parks so I could stop on our way back to the room and get fresh refills. It would have been nice if they had a set of machines closer to the lobby (at the pool or the market) but it's not horrible.

Thank you. This is helpful. We switched rooms and moved from the Inn to the villas. Going to request near the elevators but we don’t mind a little walk.

You can get them refilled at the Bellvue Lounge off the lobby
Thank you!

We only had them because they came with the dining plan, but in the end we really appreciated them. I didn't find it all that difficult running down to the bakery each morning to grab coffee, but our room was very close to the elevators. We spent our pool time at the main pool, so it was very easy to grab a refill at the bar, too.

Thank you!!

Does anybody know the hours of operation for the Luna Pool, or where I can find this information? Going next week - thanks! First stay at BWI!

I wouldn’t think that it would matter how many resorts the gondolas come from. Only one gondola at a time can arrive at the station in the IG.

So I guess the same would be said about busses (yes more than 1 in theory can arrive at the same time), or Monorails(?) There will definitely be more traffic-you do realize the gondolas will be arriving every15 seconds or minute. They can transport based on reports up to 3000 people per hour so while they can only have 1 gondola arrive at a time, it still has the potential to have a lot people coming through.

Last edited:
Quick question for BWI Experts,

Is it possible to order from private dining and have food delivered to the Luna Park pool or the quiet pool? I was thinking of reserving a cabana at GF or Contemporary for a non-park day but could save money if private dining is available. Thanks for any information

I have seen food delivered to Luna Park Pool. I dont know if it was ordered from the bar. The Pool Bar as you may know does have a few limited items that can be picked up there (cold sandwiches, salads, hot dogs)

https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney...-refill-station-boardwalk-go-qs-meals-347974/

Belle Vue Lounge in AM (never stopped there in the evening).
Pool Bar (Bartender refills, no machine)
Bakery (Self-serve)
Pizza Window (right next to Bakery)

Belle Vue Lounge in AM (never stopped there in the evening).
Pool Bar (Bartender refills, no machine)
Bakery (Self-serve)
Pizza Window (right next to Bakery)
Will the pool bar do coffee and tea, or just soda? I'm going to be on the villa side and all the refills seem close to the inn side except for that.

We have a trip booked for early September, then I see the discount for the summer. So I do the only rational thing a Disney obsessed woman could do....I tried to convince my DH to let me book it & go both this summer AND in September! :flower:. Unfortunately, my DH said no, it’s too much. :sad1:. He’s right, of course, but I had to try. :p

Will the pool bar do coffee and tea, or just soda? I'm going to be on the villa side and all the refills seem close to the inn side except for that.

Not sure about the Coffee and Tea at pool, but I do think they have. Pool Bar doesnt open till around 11 or 11:30. In AM Belle Vue lounge is just on the other side of the Lobby on the Inn side, not really too far. While the Bakery is a bit further i enjoy the walk looking at the boats and just relaxing on the BW in AM with my coffee, there are tables outside.

Anyone know if the BWI club lounge has Krispy Kreme donuts at breakfast or any other time?

We’ll be gong to BWI in September and I just want to be sure I’m understanding this correctly. Every day MK will open at 7am & HS will open at 6am for EMH, which is only for guests staying at a Disney resort. I don’t trust my understanding sometimes of things lately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter