• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Oct 7-10 2020 for now but may add a day. Just a short trip since we have our family trip in July with DD and probably her boyfriend.

Just got back from an awesome stay at BVW, 1bd villa! 6/12/19-6/21/19

Great CM's, everyone was friendly and helpful.

Thanks for your review. Glad you had a great time :).

Hi Everyone:) Our point rental for a 2BR villa for February 2020(finally!) came through!

Congrats on the rental coming through! Hope you have a great trip. Enjoy the rest of your planning :wizard:.

11 days until our first stay at BWI. Getting super excited. Slightly afraid that my traveling companions (DW, DD (6), MIL) will wilt/melt in the heat, but we'll make do.
Enjoy, your little one probably won’t feel it, so much to do and see! Take swimming breaks for MIL and hydrate!

Just got back from an awesome stay at BVW, 1bd villa! 6/12/19-6/21/19

This will be our 5th year staying at the villa's and really love the location, theme, rooms and pool.

We book through Disney, so we get daily Mousekeeping. Mousekeeping was hit or miss this year. Sometimes they would not show, when they did show some items did not get refilled like laundry soap or toiletries. We would just call and have what ever was missing brought up.

The room had several issues when we arrived. The battery in the safe was dead, two light bulbs were burnt out and the phone was not working in the living room. Maintenance fixed all of them the next day. The living room door did not seal shut, so when it rained it leaked inside. The humidity was always in the room, so we would keep the air conditioning cooler than normal. Maintenance worked on the door, but it was never really right.

Our fridge door and freezer door did not seem to stay shut, the seals were getting old. We had to be very careful to make sure the seal was intact after shutting the doors.

Other wise the room was great. We had a nice view of the Luna Pool from the 5th floor. Far from the elevator, but closer to the DS side.

Loved the new pizza at the pool bar. Hated the breakfast options at Boardwalk Bakery. I miss the breakfast platter.

Great CM's, everyone was friendly and helpful.

If anyone has any questions let me know.

Great post! We leave Thursday (6/27/19) for our trip. First time staying at the Boardwalk Villas. We've stayed at other DVC resorts, but first time here. We're taking some friends with us on this trip too! 3 of us, and our son (16) is taking a friend. Our friends and their daughter (16) and also a friend for her! 5 of the 8 of us has NEVER been to Disney!!!

Great post! We leave Thursday (6/27/19) for our trip. First time staying at the Boardwalk Villas. We've stayed at other DVC resorts, but first time here. We're taking some friends with us on this trip too! 3 of us, and our son (16) is taking a friend. Our friends and their daughter (16) and also a friend for her! 5 of the 8 of us has NEVER been to Disney!!!

Sounds like a great trip! We love The 1bd villa. Not only for all of the space; there's a washer and dryer too. We do so much laundry during our stay, it's so convenient to just have it right there. The full kitchen is always wonderful. Can definitely save you on some breakfast expenses.

BW is an awesome location, being able to walk easily to EPCOT and DS it so nice. We are hooked!

I’m a bit worried about this, to be honest. Is the wear really noticeable? I’ve stayed solo at BWI 3x now and adore the rooms and location, so it was an easy choice for my August trip with my Mom. We then decided to upgrade to a 1 Bedroom Villa (booked through Disney with the AP discount) for the extra space. My Mom hasn’t been to Disney in 25 years, so I want everything to be amazing for her. Are the BW Villas still worth it? There’s availability at other (newer) DVC resorts, so I’m torn. I just don’t know enough about the quality of the Villa side of the BW to be completely comfortable with my decision.

Even though we noticed a few things, that should have been fixed prior to us entering the villa. There was nothing that would stop us from staying there again.

We LOVE the 1bd villas. The space, laundry, full kitchen, a jetted tub and the location. We keeping coming back and will continue to come back.

Sounds like a great trip! We love The 1bd villa. Not only for all of the space; there's a washer and dryer too. We do so much laundry during our stay, it's so convenient to just have it right there. The full kitchen is always wonderful. Can definitely save you on some breakfast expenses.

BW is an awesome location, being able to walk easily to EPCOT and DS it so nice. We are hooked!

Our last stay was at the Floridian (our home base). We did a 1 bedroom there and loved it! This trip we're doing a 2 bedroom (with the 2 families). We've already ordered our groceries through Dizzy Dolphin (Chris has been PHENOMENAL!). I don't know if I'm more excited to be on vacation or that we'll get to experience Disney through the eyes of 5 newbies!

11 days until our first stay at BWI. Getting super excited. Slightly afraid that my traveling companions (DW, DD (6), MIL) will wilt/melt in the heat, but we'll make do.

BWI is a beautiful resort, you will love it! Have a great time :wizard:.

We leave Thursday (6/27/19) for our trip. First time staying at the Boardwalk Villas. We've stayed at other DVC resorts, but first time here. We're taking some friends with us on this trip too! 3 of us, and our son (16) is taking a friend. Our friends and their daughter (16) and also a friend for her! 5 of the 8 of us has NEVER been to Disney!!!

Sounds like a fun trip! Hope everyone has a great time :goodvibes.

Looking forward to a studio stay for DH and me tin September, will be so convenient for F&W!:thumbsup2

Have a great time :).

Having so much fun at BW! It’s a beautiful resort! Pool is great and my kids and our friends kids are loving the community hall!

Glad you're having fun and enjoying the resort :goodvibes.

Has anyone ever had an issue with the rooms smelling like mildew on the Inn side? Our last two trips we experienced this. We moved rooms once but the second room had the same issue.

Has anyone ever had an issue with the rooms smelling like mildew on the Inn side? Our last two trips we experienced this. We moved rooms once but the second room had the same issue.

We haven't experienced that at BWI, but have at POR, POFQ, BC, Poly and quite a few non WDW resorts/hotels. It's pretty common in Fla. during the Summer months.

No, not at BWI. Only room we've had this was at WL. We were only there for a single night so we didn't bother to move. It's one of the biggest reasons I'm very thankful they are removing carpet from the rooms as they remodel them property wide. (so far at least)

We are 33 days out from our first stay at BWI. Weren't a lot of options when doing online check-in for a standard view room so we took higher floor as we like it to be a little quieter. Getting really really excited now as opposed to just really excited....LOL😜

We are here!
BWI is the first part of our split stay with Poly.
Yesterday was great. We had our room by 2:30 and it was just where we like it. While I love a view, I really like to be close to the lobby so we are happy. The weather seemed a bit iffy and it rained a little, but it cleared up and was cool and breezy (for June) for Illuminations. :lovestruc
I did notice some new performers on the boardwalk that I had not seen before in case anyone is interested.

HS was super hot today but fun! Plan to enjoy some pool time this evening and try out the pool bar menu!

We are here!
BWI is the first part of our split stay with Poly.
Yesterday was great. We had our room by 2:30 and it was just where we like it. While I love a view, I really like to be close to the lobby so we are happy. The weather seemed a bit iffy and it rained a little, but it cleared up and was cool and breezy (for June) for Illuminations. :lovestruc
I did notice some new performers on the boardwalk that I had not seen before in case anyone is interested.

HS was super hot today but fun! Plan to enjoy some pool time this evening and try out the pool bar menu!

Let me know when you’re down by the pool... we’re still here! Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter