Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Quick question since the reservation line is closed.

When I booked I only put myself on the reservation. I want to add a local friend so she can stay and join for EMH. I don't arrivr until 4/24 and the MB band recent shipped. I can just called and add her with not charge and design her MB right?

Yeah, it should be fine if she has a ticket. Worse case, if it's too late to design and send it, they will have a gray MB for her at the front desk when you check in. Have fun!

Does she need an actual ticket when I add her? She is trying to get an AP but we are definitely doing Jellyrolls one night and rather her not drive back home or anything after drinking

I booked it under a Room only deal if that makes any difference

Does she need an actual ticket when I add her? She is trying to get an AP but we are definitely doing Jellyrolls one night and rather her not drive back home or anything after drinking

I booked it under a Room only deal if that makes any difference

It does make a difference. Since you booked room only, you can add her no problem. If you were booked with a package, all guests in a room have to be on the same package, so she would have to have the same Tickets as you.

The only secret shortcut doors are on the villas side, and they still don't lead to the actual Boardwalk itself (one close to the Wyland gallery is the best one, but it's "out" only). They claimed it was for security reasons originally but since admitted it was a bad choice.
On the inn side there are stairs that will take you to the quiet pool if that helps at all.

We go in the door by the arcade and workout room near the pool by the Wyland Gallery. If it is out only, they do not do a good job either posting or keeping that from happening. When you go in that way, you basically go right in to the elevators. Or if you get off the boat at the Swan or walk back from DHS, you can go in any "back door" with your MB. Depends where your room is.

We go in the door by the arcade and workout room near the pool by the Wyland Gallery. If it is out only, they do not do a good job either posting or keeping that from happening. When you go in that way, you basically go right in to the elevators. Or if you get off the boat at the Swan or walk back from DHS, you can go in any "back door" with your MB. Depends where your room is.
There is a door that opens up between the gallery and the store, near the ATM. That door is exit only.

Can't wait - less than 3 weeks until DH & I are coming here for the first time with my sis & her DH & using CL. First time CL for me & DH. Does anyone know if there is bottled water as an offering in the CL or should we bring our own, TIA.

Oh, this thread is making me so excited!

My fiance and I are heading to Boardwalk 9/6-9/12 for a late honeymoon :) I was already excited about staying on the Boardwalk and being close to Epcot, and the pictures and all the info in this thread are making me so happy we stuck to our plan and booked at the Boardwalk Villas :cool1:

We stayed at the CL the end of Feb. and while they didn't have small bottles of water they were happy to give us large bottles of water to bring back to our rooms with us. They fit very nicely in the in room fridge and we probably went through 7 or 8 bottles during our stay. I did make sure to bring the empty bottles back to the lounge with me in the morning.

First post! Been watching and learning for months though! Rented DVC points. We're booked in a 2bd BWV 11/29-12/6! Me, DW, DS10, and DD7. Woohoo! Actually doing a split stay, AKL Kidani 11/26-11/29. We can't wait! Many visits to DL, but it's been 28 years since my last WDW trip (when I was 8!)!
:welcome: to the DIS and the BWI/BWV thread! What a great split you have booked and I'll log your dates in the BoardWalk Bulletin.

Hi there! Another 1st time poster here. We have been coming to WDW every year for the past 3 years and will be staying at our first deluxe resort BWI (standard room club level) from June 8th-12th. So excited to be coming back!!
A big :welcome: to the DIS and the BWI/BWV thread to you, too. Once you stay Deluxe, it's hard going back. I'd be happy to log your dates.

Hey everyone! It is official! We had to move up our dates and ended up switching to BWI!!! :) We will now be there June 14th-20th. Are there several ways to get to the boardwalk from your room, or do you have to go to the lobby area to enter the boardwalk? I didn't know if there were any "secret doors" like other resorts have.
WOOHOO! Congratulations on changing over to BWI!

Can't wait - less than 3 weeks until DH & I are coming here for the first time with my sis & her DH & using CL. First time CL for me & DH. Does anyone know if there is bottled water as an offering in the CL or should we bring our own, TIA.
It's almost time!! I start getting really excited about a month out and now we only have 11 days:hyper:. All CLs pretty much discontinued small bottles of water last year. Some have some remaining inventory and I think I've read that RPC/Tower Club aways has them, but not the others.

Oh, this thread is making me so excited!

My fiance and I are heading to Boardwalk 9/6-9/12 for a late honeymoon :) I was already excited about staying on the Boardwalk and being close to Epcot, and the pictures and all the info in this thread are making me so happy we stuck to our plan and booked at the Boardwalk Villas :cool1:
You're going to have a great late honeymoon! Walking to DHS and especially Epcot is so convenient. Congratulations on your upcoming marriage and make sure to note your special occasion on your reservation:lovestruc

From this week's AllEars Newsletter:

FEATURE ARTICLE

"Overlooked Attractions" at Walt Disney World Deluxe Resorts
by Debra Martin Koma
AllEars® Editor

When talking about the Epcot area resorts, I have to start with the BoardWalk. The BoardWalk itself is one of my favorite Disney areas outside the theme parks, and in my opinion is often overlooked as something to do or somewhere to just BE.

Try taking a walk along the BoardWalk in the cool of the morning -- on a sunny day, is there anything prettier than the sun sparkling on the bright blue water of Crescent Lake, with the gulls chattering as they glide by? Sigh. Oh, to be there right now, sipping a cup of coffee and munching on a cinnamon roll from the BoardWalk Bakery!

If you've never ventured over there, there are lots of other reasons to not miss the BoardWalk area, including all the shops and restaurants. For a fun night out, there's Jellyrolls with the dueling pianos, or there's the brew pub at Big River Grille, or there's the ESPN Club if sports are your thing. There are midway games for the kids, typical of those found in seaside resorts like Atlantic City -- shoot some baskets to try to win a big stuffed animal. And several nights a week you'll find street entertainers performing along the BoardWalk -- maybe a magician, a juggler or even a one-man band.

If you're feeling energetic, you might want to rent a surrey bike. Don't miss this chance to terrorize innocent pedestrians as you pedal your way around Crescent Lake!

Inside the lobby that the BoardWalk Inn and the Villas share, be sure to notice how architect Robert A.M. Stern created the atmosphere of the 1920s and '30s Atlantic Seaboard with vintage furnishings. In particular, note the odd accent chairs with faces over near the fireplace. According to the sign nearby, these are "Nanny chairs," so-called because they were non-moving and placed on 19th century European carousels for adults to sit on while the children rode the moving animals. If you look at the back of these chairs, you'll note that one is named "Todd," the other "Paul." If you ask me, their faces are creepier than that of the resort's clown slide, which so many folks find nightmarish.

I wonder if they talk about these chairs on the BoardWalk Ballyhoo Guided Tour? I haven't taken it yet myself, but this 45-minute stroll around Disney's BoardWalk Resort begins at the Belle Vue Lounge, then moves on to the miniature carousel in the lobby and on to the boardwalk itself. The BoardWalk Ballyhoo Guided Tour takes place every week, Wednesday through Saturday, and departs from the Belle Vue Lounge promptly at 9 a.m. Admission to the tour is free of charge and no sign-up is necessary, but check in at the Belle Vue Lounge 15 minutes prior to the start of the tour.

Speaking of the Belle Vue Lounge, is this a great spot to hang out or what? Located on the BoardWalk Inn side of the resort, I like to relax there after dinner, enveloped in the overstuffed furniture listening to the old-time radio dramas playing on the antique radios. There are also tables with checkerboards and backgammon, if you want some mental stimulation while you sip your after-dinner cocktails. And don't underestimate the relaxation of sitting outdoors on the balcony, overlooking the goings-on on the BoardWalk down below.

The entire Boardwalk resort complex has been beautifully landscaped -- stroll the grounds. You'll find colorful flowers, quiet surroundings, fountains and benches. There are other quiet spots located around this resort, though -- in particular, Luna Park (the main pool area) in the morning; the quiet pools; and the balcony located off the lobby.

If you are hooked on fishing, be sure to inquire about the guided fishing excursions -- not free, but easily overlooked with all of the other things there are to do at this resort.

Stand on the bridge that leads to the Boardwalk for a great view of the IllumiNations fireworks (if the wind's blowing in the right direction you can faintly hear the music, too). Walk over to the Boardwalk vending carts and you can see the Magic Kingdom fireworks, too!

It's hard to overlook the Friendships that sail between Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios, since they are the primary mode of transportation connecting the Epcot resorts to these locations. But don't miss the opportunity to treat the Friendships as an attraction on their own. If you're not in any hurry, try riding one for its entire circuit, or take it to one of the other Epcot area resorts and then walk back to the BoardWalk. It makes for a peaceful overview of the area.

:boat::daisy:I've hopped into the boat to check in onto the other side of Crescent lake...the good news is I will be at YC in 45 days! A lovely sweet friend has gotten the thumbs up to do F&G so our trip is moved from December to May!!!!!!:beach: We will be checking out the BW of course :) Kook you're trip is sooooo close!!:hug::dance3:

:boat::daisy:I've hopped into the boat to check in onto the other side of Crescent lake...the good news is I will be at YC in 45 days! A lovely sweet friend has gotten the thumbs up to do F&G so our trip is moved from December to May!!!!!!:beach: We will be checking out the BW of course :) Kook you're trip is sooooo close!!:hug::dance3:
Lovely/Sweet Friend will have a blast at YC and my handy-dandy eraser will take you off of the December log;). Are you taking the kids out of school or going solo?

You're going to have a great late honeymoon! Walking to DHS and especially Epcot is so convenient. Congratulations on your upcoming marriage and make sure to note your special occasion on your reservation:lovestruc

Thank you! I'm pretty sure FH's dad mentioned it (and FH probably did too) when we were talking to the DVC reservation people! I keep trying to add it to our dining reservations, but haven't figured that out yet :P We are so excited, and I know it's going to be awesome!

Lovely/Sweet Friend will have a blast at YC and my handy-dandy eraser will take you off of the December log;). Are you taking the kids out of school or going solo?
Kids too except DS14 he's got too much going on :) :hug:

Woo hoo! Add us to the list! Just upgraded with the Disney Visa Discount! BWI 6/27-7/11

I agree about the colors! I know some people thought the pictures of the planned referb looked like a hospital but I thought they looked cheerful and fun! the couch looks really comfy but it's all quite toned down isn't it? I guess it looks more luxurious that way :-)

Please add us to the list. We will be staying at BWV from July 11-17. We are spending two days at AKV first and then off to the Boardwalk. This will be our first time staying deluxe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter