Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Welcome to the thread! Breakfast and coffee and later, drinks, are served downstairs at Belle Vue Lounge: photos and menu are located HERE. All rooms have a daybed so no worries:)

Thanks a bunch!:flower1:

jagfanjosh - as far as I can tell, there is no booking category of Epcot views, no. You can request it, but ... hoping for one is about the best you can do. Be sure to request it though - you never know!

Hi everyone!!!! My daughter and I are planning a "Mother-Daughter" trip for next Sept. 15 thru the 24 2016. I know that is a ways out, but, we are "long range" planners!! We want to stay at the Boardwalk Resort.It will be our first time at a Deluxe resort. I have read most of this thread and you have answered alot of our questions. I believe we want to stay standard Club. As I have a problem with walking great distances, I will be using a scooter. My concern is that the hallways don't look very wide. Also we don't know where to ask for a room that is close to the lobby, elevators, buses, etc. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated. I wish I had found this thread many years ago, I would have been staying here right from the start!!!!

BWV_EST_1_998-1.gif

28346_10_b.jpg
28346_1_b.jpg

2101 Epcot Resorts Boulevard
P.O. Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
407-939-5100
Fax: 407-939-5150

CHECK-IN: AFTER 3 PM for the BoardWalk Inn and AFTER 4 PM for the Villas. You can check-in and get your KTTW Card/MagicBand, charging privileges, tickets, etc… after 6 AM.

CHECK-OUT: BEFORE 11 AM.

boardwalk-resort-map-aerial.jpg

THREAD HYPERLINKS:

POST 2: DISNEY'S BOARDWALK INN ROOMS AND RATES

POST 3: STANDARD AND BOARDWALK VIEWS

POST 4: GARDEN COTTAGE CLUB LEVEL ROOMS

POST 5: TWO-BEDROOM SUITES

POST 6: PRESIDENTIAL AND VICE-PRESIDENTIAL SUITES

POST 7: ROOM COMMENTS AND PHOTOS

POST 8: DISNEY'S BOARDWALK VILLAS

POST 9: CLUB LEVEL: THE INNKEEPER'S CLUB

POST 10: CLUB LEVEL: STANDARD AND DELUXE ROOMS

POST 11: DINING: MENUS AND DRINK REFILL LOCATIONS

POST 12: POOLS

POST 13: RECREATION AND NIGHTLIFE

POST 14: HEALTH CLUB AND RUNNING

POST 15: SHOPPING AND GUEST SERVICES: LAUNDRY/SHIPPING/CHILD CARE

POST 16: CONFERENCE CENTER AND TRANSPORTATION: PARKING/BUS/BOAT/WALK/DISNEY'S MAGICAL EXPRESS/RESORT AIRLINE CHECK-IN

POST 17: CHRISTMASTIME PHOTOS

LINKS OF INTEREST:

Video Tour of the Lobby, Standard Room and Public Areas

AllEars Standard Room Video Tour

AllEars BWV One Bedroom Photos

AllEars BWI Videos

Disney's BoardWalk Inn Overview and Short Video

Disney's BoardWalk Villas Overview

Architectural Overview of BWI
Link courtesy of Sebean

Club Level Information Thread

BoardWalk Inn Photo Thread

2013-2014 BoardWalk Inn and Villas Information Thread

2012-2013 BoardWalk Inn and Villas Information Thread

2002-2012 BoardWalk Inn Information Thread

BWV Room 2003 Views and Rehabbed BW Bakery Photos courtesy of gometros

BWI/BWV MONTHLY ACTIVITY CALENDAR

DRINK REFILLS are available at BoardWalk Bakery, The BoardWalk Pizza Window, Leaping Horse Libations. Coffee, Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite refills are available at Belle Vue Lounge. Thank you to ChristianR for the location update.

The Boardwalk Inn began a room refurbishment in May 2014. The rehab was scheduled to be completed by September 2014. All guest rooms received new carpets, tubs, vanities, drapes, daybeds and linens. The Innkeeper's Lounge (concierge club level) had some upgrades as well, (photos in the CL section). However, as of December, some areas are still under construction. It was reported that the original construction company was fired and work delayed.

POST YOUR WDW RESORT DATES AND I'LL POST THEM HERE IN THIS SWELL SPOT!

Disneydragonfly: 2/28 - 3/8 BWI-CL First time!

ariane37: 3/5 - 3/9 BWV Anniversary trip!

jcjen519: 3/6 - 3/14 BWV

saxman: 3/7 - 3/12 First time at BWV!

Mickey'sApprentice: 3/8 -3/14 BWV

Judyfun: 3/13 - 3/17 My 60th birthday trip!

WDWKOOK: 3/29 - 4/5 CR

ruthma: 4/6 - 4/10 BWV

J and R's mom: 4/19 - 4/24 BWV Studio

nelsonkg: 4/21 - 4/29 First BWV stay!

Autumnslight: 4/22 - 4/24 BWV Studio

GrumpyGrandma: 4/27 - 5/1BWI

sheri18: 4/29 - 5/5 BWI

nancy155: 4/29 - 5/5 BWI

Groomer Gal: 4/30 - 5/9 BWV Studio

mrFDNY: 5/2 - 5/6 BWI For our 15th anniversary!

KatMark: 5/3 - 5/10 BWV

lmcarr49: 5/8 - 5/15 BWI First onsite stay!

whositsandwhatsits: 5/12 - 5/16 BWI

LSchrow: 5/13 - 5/22 BWV

Dranawor: 5/13 - 5/19 BWI

TiggerMom76: 5/30 - 6/8 BWI-CL

RenaissanceBabe: 6/1 - 6/10 BWV For our honeymoon!

Cloudless Nights: 6/2 - 6/7 BWV then on to BLT

Avery&Todd: 6/6 - 6/11 BWI

pld5: 6/9 - 6/14 BWI-CL

sfbank:
6/17 - 6/27 BWI Annual family trip!

rea59: 6/30 - 7/3 BWI Can't wait!

schmoda: 7/7 - 7/14 BWV

karalecia26: 7/17 - 7/27 BWI

coloredimage: 7/27 - 7/31 BWI For the first time!

johnnyf0614: 8/2 - 8/9 BWV All 11 of us!

Disney_Alli: 8/7 - 8/16 BWI Disneymoon!

eliza61: 8/24 - 9/3 BWI

kenly777: 8/24 - 8/31BWV[/SIZE

trivial: 9/1 - 9/7 BWV Studio

meower13: 9/7 - 9/16 BWV For our honeymoon!

MinnieMeep: 9/12 - 9/16 BWI-CL

debedo: 9/16 - 9/27 BWI

EBOWEN: 9/21 - 9/27 BWV Two Bedroom

gwynne: 9/27 - 10/4 BWI-CL

weeniecat2442: 10/3 - 10/10 BWI

LSchrow: 10/8 - 10/18 BWV

heidijanesmith: 10/12 - 10/19 BWI-CL [/SIZE

LovemesomeDW: 10/17 - 10/24 BWV One Bedroom

KatMark: 10/18 - 10/25 BWV

renes: 11/4 - 11/11 BWI

PaDisneyCouple:
11/5 - 11/12 Our first BWI stay!

chimo2u: 11/7 - 11/11 BWI-CL For the first time!

eeyore0616: 11/12 - 11/20 BWV

psac: 12/? - 12/? BWV One Bedroom Still keeping 'em guessing after all these years!

pas130 12/3 - 12/6 Two CL rooms!

saintstickets: 12/5 - 12/13 BWV One Bedroom

lffam: 12/10 - 12/18 BWV Our first stay!

schwaa: 12/10 - 12/15 First time at BWI!

red712371: 12/11 - 12/22 BWI

RAD: 12/20 - 12/26 Taking the extended family to BWV!

wonderlandaddict: 12/29 - 1/9 BWV Two Bedroom

dkrauss: 1/6 - 1/10 BWV Doing the 5k!

4/15-4/19 - 2nd stay at BW. Two rooms one at BWI & one at BWV,, surprising my family they dont know where are staying there!! My granddaughter's first trip to Disney she just turned 1!

My parents are talking about joining us on our June trip now. We are booked in a Standard Club Level Room with the spring discount, but there are no rooms left in that category for the discount. I realized that the BWI rooms actually sleep 5, so they may just opt to stay with us, but has anyone here ever done that with 4 adults and 1 9 year old at BWI?

I figure having the CL lounge will give us a place to get away from each other if needed, and really we will be spending more time in the parks and pool than the room but wanted to do a reality check.

One other question. Does the CL Lounge have its own bathroom or one nearby? I don't recall one at the WL CL lounge.

My parents are talking about joining us on our June trip now. We are booked in a Standard Club Level Room with the spring discount, but there are no rooms left in that category for the discount. I realized that the BWI rooms actually sleep 5, so they may just opt to stay with us, but has anyone here ever done that with 4 adults and 1 9 year old at BWI?

I figure having the CL lounge will give us a place to get away from each other if needed, and really we will be spending more time in the parks and pool than the room but wanted to do a reality check.

One other question. Does the CL Lounge have its own bathroom or one nearby? I don't recall one at the WL CL lounge.
There is a bathroom right outside of the lounge, just remodeled and nice. We also use the lounge as a gathering place, in fact be there in just days!

So. This will be my first stay at a deluxe resort and I'm doing it for my bday in April.

When I was booking, I didn't see any Epcot views. Is this because there isn't really a way to book it? Do I just request it and hope for one?
Once you stay at a Deluxe, it's hard going back. The BWI Standard View includes views of Epcot. Just request an Epcot View, but it can't be guaranteed. These rooms overlook the garden/quiet pool areas. The higher the floor, such as the 5th, the better;)

Getting excited for our 4/8-4/12 Bwv (first trip home). I had a quiet night last night and sat and caught up on entire thread. Thank you for organizing all this info in one place. I had a great room 2005 BWV-1B on the corner of village green. Third or fourth floor with a huge balcony. I would love to get this area again and have asked for close to elevator and lobby. What are my chances and does anyone know how many of these one bedrooms there are at village green?

Second question, we wii be checking out oh CR in the morning of 4/8 and was wondering if we will have any problems with MP. Hoping we can go from Mk to room when we are texted it is ready.
I'll log your dates and your trip is almost here!

Did you mean MB, for MagicBand? You shouldn't have any problems as everything is linked directly from your MDX account. So as long as your MB and whatever you're trying to access with it are linked properly in your MDX account, you'll be good to go. Sometimes, common door/room access can be fussy if the CM doesn't add it properly. But again, if everything is in your MDX, you should be able to access it.

Hi everyone!!!! My daughter and I are planning a "Mother-Daughter" trip for next Sept. 15 thru the 24 2016. I know that is a ways out, but, we are "long range" planners!! We want to stay at the Boardwalk Resort.It will be our first time at a Deluxe resort. I have read most of this thread and you have answered alot of our questions. I believe we want to stay standard Club. As I have a problem with walking great distances, I will be using a scooter. My concern is that the hallways don't look very wide. Also we don't know where to ask for a room that is close to the lobby, elevators, buses, etc. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated. I wish I had found this thread many years ago, I would have been staying here right from the start!!!!
A M/D trip sounds wonderful. If you book CL, you can simply email or call the IPO to have your scooter use added to your reservation. There aren't any CL rooms that are near everything you've mentioned. The bus stop is about as far as you can get from the CL wing, but elevators aren't far. There aren't any elevators that are directly in the lobby. The closest set is near Belle Vue Lounge, which isn't far from the lobby. I don't think any of the Disney Resorts are problematic for scooter users.

4/15-4/19 - 2nd stay at BW. Two rooms one at BWI & one at BWV,, surprising my family they dont know where are staying there!! My granddaughter's first trip to Disney she just turned 1!
What a wonderful surprise and gift to your DGD and family! I'll log your dates.

Could you add my September trip please.
9/14-18. Thank you.
I'd be happy to add your dates:)

So there aren't even any Garden Cottages or Deluxe rooms? The Deluxe room would sleep 6 and the GC would be perfect for just your parents and you'd still have CL access.

I don't remember from our trip last September. What type of coffee pot is in the room? Is it a regular coffee pot? Or a Keurig? I want to know if I should bring Keurig packs.

Looks like our trip to the Boardwalk will happen!!!! We were going to stay 2 nights at the Poly then split to the Boardwalk. However, after thinking about it, we decided to do the whole trip at the Boardwalk!!!! Yay!!! We have decided that the CL is not going to work for us and will be doing the Deluxe Dining, so we are going to go Standard. Can we ask for a certain part of the Resort? We were thinking of the area above or by, Belle Vue. Can you add us to the list? Sept. 15 thru the 24th, 2016. Tks!!!! Cannot wait!!!! Planning this is exciting!!!

Please add our dates for 9/13 - 9/19 as we continue our stays around DisneyWorld. This time it is the Boardwalk!
BWI is a great place to stay:)

I don't remember from our trip last September. What type of coffee pot is in the room? Is it a regular coffee pot? Or a Keurig? I want to know if I should bring Keurig packs.
BWI = Cuisinart Pods:
IMG_0098_2-1.jpg

BWV = Mr. Coffee:
IMG_2374.jpg

Looks like our trip to the Boardwalk will happen!!!! We were going to stay 2 nights at the Poly then split to the Boardwalk. However, after thinking about it, we decided to do the whole trip at the Boardwalk!!!! Yay!!! We have decided that the CL is not going to work for us and will be doing the Deluxe Dining, so we are going to go Standard. Can we ask for a certain part of the Resort? We were thinking of the area above or by, Belle Vue. Can you add us to the list? Sept. 15 thru the 24th, 2016. Tks!!!! Cannot wait!!!! Planning this is exciting!!!
Congratulations on extending your stay and I'd be happy to add you to the BWB.

With a Standard View, you can request any resort view except a BoardWalk View. (I know that it appears as an OCI choice, but I don't know why.) So I believe that above BVL would be a garden/courtyard view with the quiet pool off to the left? I think you should be good requesting to be "above Belle Vue Lounge."

Darn...the villas still have the Mr. Coffee's. Oh well, I'll wait for my Starbucks at the park or go to the Bakery. :)

First post! Been watching and learning for months though! Rented DVC points. We're booked in a 2bd BWV 11/29-12/6! Me, DW, DS10, and DD7. Woohoo! Actually doing a split stay, AKL Kidani 11/26-11/29. We can't wait! Many visits to DL, but it's been 28 years since my last WDW trip (when I was 8!)!

Hi there! Another 1st time poster here. We have been coming to WDW every year for the past 3 years and will be staying at our first deluxe resort BWI (standard room club level) from June 8th-12th. So excited to be coming back!!

Hey everyone! It is official! We had to move up our dates and ended up switching to BWI!!! :) We will now be there June 14th-20th. Are there several ways to get to the boardwalk from your room, or do you have to go to the lobby area to enter the boardwalk? I didn't know if there were any "secret doors" like other resorts have.

Hey everyone! It is official! We had to move up our dates and ended up switching to BWI!!! :) We will now be there June 14th-20th. Are there several ways to get to the boardwalk from your room, or do you have to go to the lobby area to enter the boardwalk? I didn't know if there were any "secret doors" like other resorts have.

The only secret shortcut doors are on the villas side, and they still don't lead to the actual Boardwalk itself (one close to the Wyland gallery is the best one, but it's "out" only). They claimed it was for security reasons originally but since admitted it was a bad choice.
On the inn side there are stairs that will take you to the quiet pool if that helps at all.

Quick question since the reservation line is closed.

When I booked I only put myself on the reservation. I want to add a local friend so she can stay and join for EMH. I don't arrivr until 4/24 and the MB band recent shipped. I can just called and add her with not charge and design her MB right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter