Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

The Disney Parks blog says reservations open July 29 for dates beginning Aug 3. My first thought was that Scott will be happy to see that. Hope you have a great anniversary dinner!

We already planned which ADR we're going to ditch to make this happen. We will make a reservation, but then try to get a seat at the bar. We really enjoy that experience, that you can't get often at WDW.

Thanks kook. Hard to believe only one more day but ready go get back to my babies!! 3 cats, 1 dog, and DD's Guinea pig. The cats were boarded this year as Mickey, yes Mickey, is diabetic and requires two insulin shots a day. They will not be happy.

Boarding animals is never fun and they will be thrilled to come home. Is Mickey eating too many churros and :mickeybar?

Here is what I got on Tuesday (I am staying at the Villas, not BWI)

View attachment 184651

Thank you for posting that letter for everyone, @oceanmarina. It's interesting that Jose Mola is now the GM at BWI/BWV. Up until early this year, he was the GM at WL/FW. Now I've lost track and don't know who the new WL/FW GM is:scratchin

Only two more sleeps at home then its of to wdw and the boardwalk.

:yay:

Yes, @oceanmarina, thanks for posting the e-mail. We check in in 3 weeks for our BWI stay and I haven't received the e-mail. When we were there in May, there was a fair amount of construction going on and I don't think we got an e-mail then either. (We did get an e-mail about the parking situation that I never shared with my DH and wasn't an issue.) There always seems to be construction going on wherever we stay, so we'll just roll with it.

Thanks for posting the recent photos!

Thank you for posting Oceanmarina. I am staying at BWV too that is why I was wondering if I missed it somehow.

Yes, @oceanmarina, thanks for posting the e-mail. We check in in 3 weeks for our BWI stay and I haven't received the e-mail. When we were there in May, there was a fair amount of construction going on and I don't think we got an e-mail then either. (We did get an e-mail about the parking situation that I never shared with my DH and wasn't an issue.) There always seems to be construction going on wherever we stay, so we'll just roll with it.

Thanks for posting the recent photos!

Hi Hikergirl & Sandi,

I think they finally sent me the e-mail on Tuesday because on Monday I called Disney (and told them that I found out about the construction via social media) and asked them why I hadn't been notified. Then the next day I get the e-mail notice. :confused3

I did speak to them again and they claim they sent me a letter in December. (I booked this trip in November). Whenever I get anything from Disney in the mail it always catches my attention and i'm always the one who brings in the mail in my house - so I highly doubt that I missed it.

I'm be staying in Boardwalk Villas (I believe that that's where the majority of the plumbing work is being done).

I'm due at BWV in 11 days:D, i'll definitely post regarding how much construction is going on - hopefully not a lot and nothing that impacts our stay. :flower:

We just got back.

Yes, there is some construction, but it seems to be mostly painting-- absolutely nothing that impacted on our vacation in the slightest.

What a wonderful trip!!! And a huge shoutout to the Club Level lounge CMs-- they were amazing!!!

Hi Aliceacc,

Thanks so much for posting and glad to hear you had a great trip, as you can see some of us are apprehensive about the construction, so it's good to hear it's nothing that put a damper on your trip. :flower1:

Did you happen to hear anything about how much work is being done in the Villas buildings?

Thanks,
Marina

My family and I are so excited to be staying at Boardwalk Villas this December! When we were at WDW earlier this month, we had breakfast reservations at Cape May and decided to explore Boardwalk before our ADR time. As excited as I was before, I am even more excited now! Can anyone tell me if they still have acts and performers on the boardwalk in the evenings? I have heard some say that they don't still have acts, some say that they only have performers on certain days, and other say that they have just as many performers as ever.

This just in from @pas130. I've never seen this offer before. I wonder what percentage off rack rate it is and how many guests actually take advantage of it? Very interesting and pas130 said she would try and call later for more details.

View attachment 184775

We got that when we stayed in May (for different dates, of course). Until I retire and am driving down for my Disney fixes, I won't be able to take advantage of this kind of offer. We always have flights booked and that darn work thing to deal with. I am curious what the discount is though, so looking forward to hearing what our investigator, @pas130, learns. It's so nice having a private investigator on site before we arrive!

This just in from @pas130. I've never seen this offer before. I wonder what percentage off rack rate it is and how many guests actually take advantage of it? Very interesting and pas130 said she would try and call later for more details.

View attachment 184775
We had one of these in our room at AKL last week. We were in no hurry to go home so we called the front desk to see how much it would be. We were in a standard/pool view room and they told us it would be $250 a night. Considering we only paid $230 a night to start with, we passed on their deal.

We had one of these in our room at AKL last week. We were in no hurry to go home so we called the front desk to see how much it would be. We were in a standard/pool view room and they told us it would be $250 a night. Considering we only paid $230 a night to start with, we passed on their deal.

I plugged in AKL/PV into the booking engine and while I don't know if the $250 you were quoted is with tax, it appears the rate you were quoted, without tax, is about 30% off rack, during the week. Don't blame you for passing that "deal" up. They should at least offer you the extra night at the rate you were paying.

We got that when we stayed in May (for different dates, of course). Until I retire and am driving down for my Disney fixes, I won't be able to take advantage of this kind of offer. We always have flights booked and that darn work thing to deal with. I am curious what the discount is though, so looking forward to hearing what our investigator, @pas130, learns. It's so nice having a private investigator on site before we arrive!

Exactly, you'd have to be driving or piloting your own plane to take advantage of this AND have booked at the same or higher rate AND have a flexible departure date. I wonder how many guests actually book this?

View attachment 184775
It is 30%off and of course available just to torment me lol. No changes yet.... Busy day today at Epcot and I need a nap but Mommy had to do some laundry. How conviently located right by the elevator on the third floor. When I but it in the dryer it'll be wine time in the lounge! We are loving our stay even just chill axing in the room is a vacation! I've been amiss taking pictures since Pokemon are being caught by my Princesses. Thank you to @WDWKOOK for being you and taking care of all the work :hug:

Oh I got to meet @Dispro1 and @trishadono today briefly (planning on sneaking to see @BlueSkies at the Poly as well)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter