Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Two questions about Garden Grocer (or similar) when staying at BWV.
1. Are the groceries delivered to your room if you're away or do you pick them up in the lobby?
2. If you've used this service, what time do you usually request delivery?
Any other advice you can provide about getting groceries delivered is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

1. Are the groceries delivered to your room if you're away or do you pick them up in the lobby?
Any other advice you can provide about getting groceries delivered is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

1. Groceries will be delivered to Bell Services. You can either pick them up there or have Bell Services deliver them. But you will have to be IN your room to have them delivered.
2. We request early in the day. We want them to be at our resort before we arrive so then we can call and have them brought up whenever we're ready for them.

We just came back from an 8 night stay at BWI. It was our first time here and it was excellent. We requested a king room which we got. #2292 and it's on the 2nd floor near the elevator, stairs and lounge to get coffee every morning. Could not have asked for a better room. The room itself, was oversized.

Attachments

• IMG_0597.jpg
    IMG_0597.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 70
We just came back from an 8 night stay at BWI. It was our first time here and it was excellent. We requested a king room which we got. #2292 and it's on the 2nd floor near the elevator, stairs and lounge to get coffee every morning. Could not have asked for a better room. The room itself, was oversized.
Wow that is a nice big room. I'm glad you had a great time.

Thanks!
Bell services will deliver them when you get there and the great thing is that they will refrigerate whatever needs to be so you don't have to worry about delivery time. Just have them deliver them on the day you arrive some time before you think you will be there so you can have them brought up to the room when you arrive.

@Traceylee just wondering if the elevator noise bothered you? or if the ADA alterations in the room bothered you? I thought about requesting a King room, but those were my concerns. TIA

Joining in!! Stay BWI 7/7-10. A short weekend trip but excited nonetheless. I love, love, love that walk to DHS and being that close to Epcot will be a dream. (Never stayed in Epcot area before.)

We are staying at the BWI from 6/8 to 6/15. We are celebrating my dd's bday on 6/9. When we made the reservation we did not note anywhere it will be her birthday. Is there a place we can add it or can we do that if we do online check in? I'm not expecting anything for her bday but I keep seeing people saying they put bdays on their reservations so thought I would too. Just in case there was some pixie dust.....

1. Groceries will be delivered to Bell Services. You can either pick them up there or have Bell Services deliver them. But you will have to be IN your room to have them delivered.
2. We request early in the day. We want them to be at our resort before we arrive so then we can call and have them brought up whenever we're ready for them.

Bell services will deliver them when you get there and the great thing is that they will refrigerate whatever needs to be so you don't have to worry about delivery time. Just have them deliver them on the day you arrive some time before you think you will be there so you can have them brought up to the room when you arrive.

Thank you!! Will be using GG for the first time this trip, and this is very helpful!

@jillyh -- the noise from the elevator wasn't too bad. It would have been nice to have been a little further away; but really not that bad.
Not sure what you mean by the ADA alterations in the room. I would definitely request this room again!! It also had a daybed as well.

@Traceylee That's good you don't know what I mean by ADA alterations.....I mean changes to the room to make it Dissability compliant. I was under the impression all of the King rooms were outfitted for the disabled - walk/roll in showers and such. We had one of these rooms at POP and I wouldn't have wanted to have it for a week - it had no tub, but a weird walk in shower...

@jillyh The room was not for the disabled. It was a regular tub/shower, etc. But it look like at one point it was as the light switches in the bathroom were lower than the norm.

Thanks for the info! That was my next question. I was worried about milk and similar items. That's good to know that they'll refrigerate those items.

Spent one night here 2 weeks ago in room 3369 (I think?), first room off of the elevators - so very convenient and didn't hear any noise at all. The balcony did overlook the airline check in area right outside the lobby, so the view wasn't great and the cast members were a little chatty at 7:00 AM. My wife had to ask them to quiet down.

DH and I were at BWI last weekend for a Flower & Garden Festival getaway. We booked a standard room, standard view, and used the Touring Plans room request service, with great results. I requested near elevators, upper floor and either Village Green or EPCOT Eiffel Tower view (I used the wording and room number range that TP auto-generates when you request a specific room, but added Village Green and EPCOT wording to be more specific), and we got our room ready text while we were waiting to board our flight to MCO. We were assigned room 4285, which was I think one or two rooms over from the one I requested. The room is the first one around the corner from the elevator but was still very quiet - I think I faintly heard someone in the hallway one time the entire trip - and we never waited more than 20 seconds for an elevator, so we could get to the lounge, lobby or out onto the Boardwalk very quickly. The view in the morning was lovely, but the view at night was even better because you could see not only the lights around the EP area resorts, but also the Star Wars fireworks at DHS!

Attachments

• BWI_4285.jpg
    BWI_4285.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 58
  • BWI_4285_2.jpg
    BWI_4285_2.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_6904.JPG
    IMG_6904.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 56
I started online check-in for our stay at BWI July 10-14 today. There was a choice of "Boardwalk View" listed. I was just interested if anyone could give me any insight in what type of view this might be. I thought "Boardwalk View" was an upgrade????? Thanks in advance!

Could someone answer a BWV question? Stayed there recently...I think it was 3065 and loved it. (own at BCV)
I walked to HS by meandering around the clown pool and came to the walkway with the HS sign.
Was this the fastest way?

My studio was very close to the lobby end elevator and I wondered if I had just wandered all the way down the hallway to the very end & went down to ground level, would that have been a more direct route to that walkway?

I want to come back to BWV for sure and though I tried to study the map, I am confused.
Thanks so much.

I promise I don't work for Ample Hills Creamery (it's all I ever post lately!), but they had a soft opening today (official opening day is Sunday, 5/15). I can't wait to check this out in 3 weeks!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/...lls-creamery-soft-opens-on-disneys-boardwalk/

Yes they were giving out free full size ice cream today from noon to 3, hope everybody made it over there. Maybe they will do it again tomorrow. The dark chocolate was very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter