Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Excited for our first stay at the bwv 9/1-9/16! My only concern is we are usually quick service breakfast eaters, where is the closest quick service area (besides the bakery looking for something a little more substantial) or should we be prepared to do table service for our stay?

The bakery does offer breakfast sandwiches and cereal, not necessarily substantial but better than a muffin. We went over to the Beach Club Marketplace for a breakfast platter, it wasn't a long trip and they had good choices. The bakery in France is available as early as you can get into EPCOT, although at that point you are in a park, which you may not be ready for.

The Screen Door had some construction going on when we were there last month. Anyone know if they are putting in a counter similar to Beach Club Marketplace for quick service plates? That would be AWESOME if they are - it is a big thing we like better about being at Beach Club. We didn't have a chance to ask when we were in the store. It certainly looked like a counter setup...

The Screen Door had some construction going on when we were there last month. Anyone know if they are putting in a counter similar to Beach Club Marketplace for quick service plates? That would be AWESOME if they are - it is a big thing we like better about being at Beach Club. We didn't have a chance to ask when we were in the store. It certainly looked like a counter setup...

I read that they were making a little stand inside the Screen Door to sell candy and such since Seashore Sweets closed. Not sure if this will be permanent though.

I read that they were making a little stand inside the Screen Door to sell candy and such since Seashore Sweets closed. Not sure if this will be permanent though.

It would be so much better if they used that as a mirror to the Beach Club counter - or they really do need to put offerings more like that menu into Boardwalk Bakery!

It would be so much better if they used that as a mirror to the Beach Club counter - or they really do need to put offerings more like that menu into Boardwalk Bakery!
I guess some would but I like it the way it is set up now. My family of 5 has all different appetites for breakfast and we all find what we want at the BWB.

I like that they have different things rather than the same items offered over at BC. It is a bakery after all and sandwiches and baked goods just fit better. We will usually go over to BC Marketplace once during our stay for something different. It's a nice walk early in the morning.

I know many of you have been awaiting a Free Dining announcement. Kenny the Pirate has just posted this information HERE

Rumored FD with possible booking date of 4/25:
  • August 23 – October 1
  • November 15-21
  • November 26-28
  • December 10-21

I know many of you have been awaiting a Free Dining announcement. Kenny the Pirate has just posted this information HERE

Rumored FD with possible booking date of 4/25:
  • August 23 – October 1
  • November 15-21
  • November 26-28
  • December 10-21

I'll pay for my free dining if you'll pay for my room and tickets. :lmao:

Early congrats to your dd on graduation. I'm four years behind you.

Checking Touring Plans' room map for the Villas side, I see that there are actually two rooms (1068 and 2068) that face onto Luna Park Pool but are considered as Standard View in the eyes of Disney. However, they are right behind the elevator bank (they share a wall with the elevators).

Anyone ever stay in rooms 1068/2068/3068/4068/5068? I am just wondering how annoying that elevator and hallway noise is. I assume it's bad if Disney considers the first and second floor rooms Standard view instead of Pool View, but figured I'd ask.

Thanks

Checking Touring Plans' room map for the Villas side, I see that there are actually two rooms (1068 and 2068) that face onto Luna Park Pool but are considered as Standard View in the eyes of Disney. However, they are right behind the elevator bank (they share a wall with the elevators).

Anyone ever stay in rooms 1068/2068/3068/4068/5068? I am just wondering how annoying that elevator and hallway noise is. I assume it's bad if Disney considers the first and second floor rooms Standard view instead of Pool View, but figured I'd ask.

Thanks

I have not stayed in the rooms you described. However, we were assigned a room on the BWI side that was across the hall from the elevators and I could hear the constant whirring of the cables. It drove me nuts and I couldn't sleep. I was at the reception desk by about 6:00 in the morning to ask for a different room. The accommodated us later in the day. It didn't make my DD crazy, but I couldn't stand it. I always ask to be away from the elevators at BWI now. Not sure the BWV side would be the same, but I suspect the elevator loudness would be consistent.

thanks Sandi, I figured and now you've confirmed it. This would probably be worse, since the rooms actually share a wall with the back of the elevator shaft.

Greetings! Booked for a solo-trip in a standard room for Wine & Dine race weekend November 2/3-7th. First time at BWI and first runDisney event so I am obviously super excited!

Wow, that was a lot of posts! I finally finished reading all 156 pages and found the answers to many of my questions. Thank you!
We'll be staying at BWV in a Standard View Deluxe Studio 1/29/17-2/4/17.

Hi, I need some advice regarding room requests. I plan on using Touring Plans fax request service. We will be in a standard view room. On the map in the link below, I'm thinking about requesting something near room #3266. I want to be close to the elevator, but not too close (is that too close?). If I click on the room view, though, the closest room view it can show me is #3214, which is quite a bit away, so I'm not sure what this view would actually look like. I'm also thinking the other side of the stairwell like #3256, but the closest they show is #3238 with a big tree as the view, so I wouldn't want that.

https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps...[sound]=any&no_draw=false&rooms=true&floor=3#

I want the 3rd floor because I don't want to be on the ground or lobby level (although, lobby level would be okay) and I want to be near the elevators, but not too near the elevators (don't want to be affected by too much noise). I also want to be kind of close to the laundry area. I like being near a stairwell so I don't have to take the elevator if I don't feel like it. I also like the access from the stairwell to the quiet pool. I guess rooms near #3300 would be okay, too, but I think I like the other side of the elevator.

Any thoughts on these locations? Thanks in advance!

Hi, I need some advice regarding room requests. I plan on using Touring Plans fax request service. We will be in a standard view room. On the map in the link below, I'm thinking about requesting something near room #3266. I want to be close to the elevator, but not too close (is that too close?). If I click on the room view, though, the closest room view it can show me is #3214, which is quite a bit away, so I'm not sure what this view would actually look like. I'm also thinking the other side of the stairwell like #3256, but the closest they show is #3238 with a big tree as the view, so I wouldn't want that.

https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/191/building?utf8=✓&hotel=220&building=191&filters[rate_date]=04/17/2016&filters[view]=308&filters[lobby_distance]=any&filters[transportation_distance]=any&filters[accessibility]=any&filters[floors]=any&filters[rack_rate]=any&filters[ug]=&filters[sound]=any&no_draw=false&rooms=true&floor=3#

I want the 3rd floor because I don't want to be on the ground or lobby level (although, lobby level would be okay) and I want to be near the elevators, but not too near the elevators (don't want to be affected by too much noise). I also want to be kind of close to the laundry area. I like being near a stairwell so I don't have to take the elevator if I don't feel like it. I also like the access from the stairwell to the quiet pool. I guess rooms near #3300 would be okay, too, but I think I like the other side of the elevator.

Any thoughts on these locations? Thanks in advance!

My suggestion would be to use the interactive map to go up two floors where they do have the view from 5266 posted (4th didn't have a view from that room). It looked like a nice view to me; of course, a lower floor wouldn't be quite like the 5th floor, but I think it would be closer to what you'll see than a room several doors down the hall. Just a thought. I'm not sure I'd want to be right next to the stairwell -- those can sometimes get loud, too. However, whenever I've used stairs at BWI, I have NEVER seen another person using them, so unlikely they'd get too loud. Also, be sure to take a photo from whatever room you do get and submit it to touringplans.

Just got back from BWV. Stayed in room 4117 - standard view - and had partial views of the fireworks. Walk to elevator was only 2 minutes. Surprised our kitchen wasn't stocked with salt, pepper, or a cutting board but they were supplied upon request.

On a side note, we ventured to the Polynesian one night for a drink and it felt like Grand Central compared to the BW, YC, BC. Granted, it was raining at the time, but we were glad we chose the Boardwalk area - never seemed that congested during our stay.

Just got back from BWV. Stayed in room 4117 - standard view - and had partial views of the fireworks. Walk to elevator was only 2 minutes. Surprised our kitchen wasn't stocked with salt, pepper, or a cutting board but they were supplied upon request.

On a side note, we ventured to the Polynesian one night for a drink and it felt like Grand Central compared to the BW, YC, BC. Granted, it was raining at the time, but we were glad we chose the Boardwalk area - never seemed that congested during our stay.
Glad you enjoyed your trip to the BW. Did you happen to notice how the work was coming along on the new ice creamery next to ESPN? Are the walls still up?

My suggestion would be to use the interactive map to go up two floors where they do have the view from 5266 posted (4th didn't have a view from that room). It looked like a nice view to me; of course, a lower floor wouldn't be quite like the 5th floor, but I think it would be closer to what you'll see than a room several doors down the hall. Just a thought. I'm not sure I'd want to be right next to the stairwell -- those can sometimes get loud, too. However, whenever I've used stairs at BWI, I have NEVER seen another person using them, so unlikely they'd get too loud. Also, be sure to take a photo from whatever room you do get and submit it to touringplans.

Went ahead and looked at 5266 -- thanks for the tip! I'll be sure to take a photo and send to Touring Plans. Hoping I'll be lucky enough to get my desired area. Do you think 3266 is too close to the elevator (and those rooms on that side of the stairwell)? I didn't even think about the stairwell being nosy, but good point. I'm hoping if people are that far down the hallway, they'll just opt for the elevator.

Did you happen to notice how the work was coming along on the new ice creamery next to ESPN? Are the walls still up?

Yes, walls were still up. I didn't notice too much construction going on, despite receiving the ominous letter in the mail from Disney telling me to manage my expectations. The Ice Creamery would have been lovely, but I did not mind walking to Beaches and Cream for my No Way Jose! :earsboy:

Went ahead and looked at 5266 -- thanks for the tip! I'll be sure to take a photo and send to Touring Plans. Hoping I'll be lucky enough to get my desired area. Do you think 3266 is too close to the elevator (and those rooms on that side of the stairwell)? I didn't even think about the stairwell being nosy, but good point. I'm hoping if people are that far down the hallway, they'll just opt for the elevator.

Since you asked . . . I think 3266 is too close to the stairwell, but not too close to the elevators. Even if you were one room closer to the elevator, such that the room didn't share a wall with the stairwell, I think that would be better. Last summer, DD and I were on the 4th floor nearly to the end (as far from the elevator as you can get). We used the stairwell to get to the pool every day. We tried to be quiet in closing the door and not stomping down the stairs. But, we never saw anyone else use the stairs -- Oh, I take that back, one time a maintenance guy was on the stairwell going between floors. I'm burned from a stay at WL where we were on the first floor right by the stairs. Kids ran up and down the stairs and along the corridor all the time. It was really annoying. Since then, I ask to be away from stairs and elevators.

Since you asked . . . I think 3266 is too close to the stairwell, but not too close to the elevators. Even if you were one room closer to the elevator, such that the room didn't share a wall with the stairwell, I think that would be better. Last summer, DD and I were on the 4th floor nearly to the end (as far from the elevator as you can get). We used the stairwell to get to the pool every day. We tried to be quiet in closing the door and not stomping down the stairs. But, we never saw anyone else use the stairs -- Oh, I take that back, one time a maintenance guy was on the stairwell going between floors. I'm burned from a stay at WL where we were on the first floor right by the stairs. Kids ran up and down the stairs and along the corridor all the time. It was really annoying. Since then, I ask to be away from stairs and elevators.

Thanks again. So, #3272 would probably be ideal, huh? Or do you think I'd be better off with something like #3250 a little farther down? I just hate how people congregate by the elevators either going or coming back and just talk as loud as they want without any regard to the time. Granted, I might not get any of these requests, but it's worth a shot. I've been a Touring Plans subscriber for years, so might as well take advantage and see what happens!

Thanks again. So, #3272 would probably be ideal, huh? Or do you think I'd be better off with something like #3250 a little farther down? I just hate how people congregate by the elevators either going or coming back and just talk as loud as they want without any regard to the time. Granted, I might not get any of these requests, but it's worth a shot. I've been a Touring Plans subscriber for years, so might as well take advantage and see what happens!
3270 or 3272 look good to me. I've used the touring plans fax service on our last 3 trips. I hope it works for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter