Disney's Art of Animation Resort (Part II)

Hakuna Matata everyone! sing it with me - oh I just can't wait to...[see the Lion] King! Six now Weeks for me! :cool1:

Thanks! I added the thread for the AoA pictures to the first post! :)

I didn't see a FAQ thread yet, but honestly, I'm not sure if I'm qualified to do something like that! :laughing: I just wanted to start a new thread as a continuation of the last thread where people just asked and answered questions. Hopefully as more people stay at AoA and come back with new info, we can modify accordingly. :goodvibes

I totally understand. That is why I didn't step up to the plate to make a FAQ page. (Maybe Smitch will - she seems to be on top of things.) I love the excitement in the air! It is all so new!

I'm staying on December 29th thru January 3rd, 2013 I am so excited! We're staying in the Little Mermaid section :D I wish someone would post pics like of the pool and food court area! :)

There are a bunch of photos in this thread
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2934412&page=12

On page 4, there are some photos of the food court. I think there is one photo of the construction of the LM rooms (on the 4th page). There are pics of the pool somewhere in the thread as well.

Also, Josh from easywdw.com posted a ton of photos.
http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorize...u-food-seating-condiment-pictures-aka-part-2/

He has other entries posted about AoA. That was his second entry with photos and info. about AoA.

Staying in a LM room on 9/15 :cool1:. We added a day since it is opening day before we check into the Contemporary on 9/16.

Two new hotels for us :cheer2:

Part 2! Love it.
We'll be in a Little Mermaid room for just 2 nights in early December. We'll be at CSR for 5 days prior for work meetings and a Christmas party, but it's the LM room at the end that we're really excited for.
Ok, except we aren't ALL excited because it's a surprise for DD, the Ariel lover. She thinks all 7 nights will be at the CSR.
I can't wait!
:cool1:

Part 2! Love it.
We'll be in a Little Mermaid room for just 2 nights in early December. We'll be at CSR for 5 days prior for work meetings and a Christmas party, but it's the LM room at the end that we're really excited for.
Ok, except we aren't ALL excited because it's a surprise for DD, the Ariel lover. She thinks all 7 nights will be at the CSR.
I can't wait!
:cool1:

We're sort of doing the same thing. We'll be at POR for 3 nights before we check into our Lion King suite for 6 nights. DS thinks we're staying all 9 nights at POR. Told him AoA wouldn't be open in time for our trip. Good thing he's just learning to read. ;)

I wonder if the person who ends up starting the FAQ, will wait until all 4 sections are open first.

I have some questions that will not be answered by anyone (including a CM, who I don't always believe anyway) until someone from this board stays in a LM room. I asked 2 different CMs if the LM rooms will have a coffeemaker and was told yes and no. I read that the values do not have them (I don't know if this is true), but they are in the suites at AoA. It seems to me that all rooms should have them, since rooms in most hotels have them (and I am not talking about the more expensive ones) in addition to free coffee in the lobby.

I will be checking in a LM room on 9/15/12 so I will report back on the coffee maker (or lack of one - hopefully not!). :)

Do you know if this hotel or any of the value hotels have cots or rollaway beds? Our family fits in the standard rooms so we would like to save the money and book a standard. It would just be more comfortable for the children if we had a cot for one of them. I just really dont want to spend the $1000 a wk price diffrence for a family suite. Anyone know?

I will be checking in a LM room on 9/15/12 so I will report back on the coffee maker (or lack of one - hopefully not!). :)

Great! I saw that Disney serves Nescafe and DH loves his coffee, so we will bring our own coffee maker if there are none in the room. We have a small one I use (I drink decaf) that does not have any glass on it.

I asked 2 different CMs if the LM rooms will have a coffeemaker and was told yes and no. I read that the values do not have them (I don't know if this is true), but they are in the suites at AoA. It seems to me that all rooms should have them, since rooms in most hotels have them (and I am not talking about the more expensive ones) in addition to free coffee in the lobby.

Regular rooms at value resorts (Pop and All Star) at Disney do not have coffee makers in the rooms. I expect the LM rooms will not have coffee makers either because they are regular non-suite rooms, but we won't know for certain until they open.

Do you know if this hotel or any of the value hotels have cots or rollaway beds? Our family fits in the standard rooms so we would like to save the money and book a standard. It would just be more comfortable for the children if we had a cot for one of them. I just really dont want to spend the $1000 a wk price diffrence for a family suite. Anyone know?

Reports are that rollaway beds are available at Pop Century so I would assume they would be available for the LM rooms once they open.

Great! I saw that Disney serves Nescafe and DH loves his coffee, so we will bring our own coffee maker if there are none in the room. We have a small one I use (I drink decaf) that does not have any glass on it.

I thought they changed brands, or is that in the park only?

Hi Kristy. I've looked at a million sites, threads, etc, lately, and it seems to me that I saw, on an official Disney site, that they don't want you to bring your own coffee maker. They said it was a fire hazard. Why would it be more of a hazard than the pots in the suites? I don't know. Maybe just because they can't control what brand, how old, etc. Anyway, I tried looking again now, and can't find where I saw it before.

So, you can pretend you never read this, or you think I'm a crackpot (that won't hurt my feelings:crazy:), you can leave the pot at home and struggle through with Nescafe, or you can unplug and "put away" the coffee maker when you are leaving the room, both for fire safety and to avoid any Dis hassles. KWIM?

Woohoo new thread! My husband thinks I'm wacko checking these boards since our trip isn't until January! But I like to be prepared!
Anyone know (or have a crystal ball to guess) what sort of discount might be offered jan 3rd or 4th arrival?

Hi, I am checking in. LM 10/31 (MNNSHP) thru 11/6
I have a ticker question and feel SO STUPID! I have tried multiple times to add a ticker onto my signature and am just doing something wrong. Can one of you guide me like the non-tech I am? I also (after going thru my parents photo albums) want to add all of my Disney visits too. THANK YOU!

I thought they changed brands, or is that in the park only?

Disney has not changed away from Nescafe in either the parks or the resorts.

What they are doing is adding one specific Starbucks location per (each) U.S. park in addition to Nescafe everywhere else in the parks.

At this time California Adventure has the new Starbucks location on Buena Vista Street. The remaining US parks have yet to add or announce the spots for Starbucks, but the word is five more are coming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!