Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Has anyone had success with faxing a room request? I have had good luck in the past at POFQ and AKL by faxing a specific area room request. Just wondering if anyone has done this successfully at AoA.

plane lands at 650 no dinner plans how is the food court? staying 3 nights here so the next night is Boathouse and then be our guest then moving to beach club
We did a split stay between the gf and the aoa back in February. We were pleasantly surprised that the food court had a LOT of options - and we had 2 of our 6 person party with several food allergies. Obviously it isn't fine dining, and it is cafeteria setting but the choices were better than expected.

Tom

Back home from 9 nights at AoA. In summary:

- Busses were no problem. Longest wait was maybe 10 minutes
- Family Suite worked okay for our group of 6 (2 adults, 4 teen girls)
- Food court food was good, but the limited selection soon became annoying for the kids
- Pool was often crowded, and did not seem to fit the "biggest on property" claim.
- The buildings are big boxes, with Disney characters painted on them.
- AoA really is a Value resort, with Deluxe pricing... not a good value though (IMHO)

With larger groups we have much preferred WBC, Bahama Bay, and even Reunion Resort. A large condo at a fraction of the price.

I know this answer must appear in the last 211 pages, but I can't seem to locate it. About the washer/ dryers....coin or card? We are staying in the LM section, if that helps to answer. Thanks!

We paid by credit card. I don't remember if it accepted cash also. There is also a website where you can check on your laundry.
http://www.laundryview.com/disneyworld/

Hi everyone!

Maybe a silly question but I was wondering if there are towels provided at the pools or should I bring beach towels from home? Thanks!

Maybe a silly question but I was wondering if there are towels provided at the pools or should I bring beach towels from home? Thanks!

Towels are not provided at the pool, but you can get extra towels from housekeeping, or if you need some when you check in before your room is ready, you can ask for some at the desk. So, you don't "need" to bring towels from home unless you really want to.

Towels are not provided at the pool, but you can get extra towels from housekeeping, or if you need some when you check in before your room is ready, you can ask for some at the desk. So, you don't "need" to bring towels from home unless you really want to.

Thanks!

Are you allowed to take food from the food court back to the room? And if so, would an adult be able to get kids meals to take back? I was thinking it would make mornings easier to bring breakfast back to the room while the kids are still sleeping

Are you allowed to take food from the food court back to the room? And if so, would an adult be able to get kids meals to take back? I was thinking it would make mornings easier to bring breakfast back to the room while the kids are still sleeping
Yes, we've done that many times. :)

Art of Animation refrigerator picture. I know know I was having a hard time finding a picture of a stocked fridge in the AOA suites. I was nervous about what to buy. Here is what we stocked in the refrigerator which was perfect for our stay. We used Garden Grocer, but don't worry about running out bc the Cafeteria has for you to purchase half gallons of milk, etc. Just at a cost of course! In the freezer section we fit 2 boxes of frozen pancakes (taken out of the boxes) and 4 Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches. We took the top off to show. We saved a ton by doing this. We bought boxes of cereal (hence all of the milk) all the snacks for the week, along with drinks for us by the pool and after a long day.

Hope this helps! :sulley:

2016-04-07 06.05.18.jpg

Last edited:
:sad1: Well, then I guess your options are two suites (hopefully located next to each other or across the hall from each other); or two (hopefully connecting) rooms in the Little Mermaid section or over at Pop Century. At least if you're at Pop Century you could still go over to AoA to walk around and have a meal. Another totally unrelated option would be a Cabin at Fort Wilderness. They sleep six and have a mini kitchen so you could do some meals there if you wanted to. They only have one bathroom, though.

I'll just stick to the 2bd villas I think. AoA was more of a thing cos the kids would love the theme and the pool etc. The villas are far more convienient for us though, multiple bathrooms and a kitchen etc.

Does anyone know if it's possible to have a package shipped to the resort and have resort staff open it and put the item in the room? We want to surprise my daughter with a fairy godmother gift and it would be great if it were just magically there when we arrived.

They are not allowed to open package due to Federal Regulations/it being against the law.

Thank you for that laundry watch link. I had NO idea and I do laundry on every trip 1-3 times!

Art of Animation refrigerator picture. I know know I was having a hard time finding a picture of a stocked fridge in the AOA suites. I was nervous about what to buy. Here is what we stocked in the refrigerator which was perfect for our stay. We used Garden Grocer, but don't worry about running out bc the Cafeteria has for you to purchase half gallons of milk, etc. Just at a cost of course! In the freezer section we fit 2 boxes of frozen pancakes (taken out of the boxes) and 4 Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches. We took the top off to show. We saved a ton by doing this. We bought boxes of cereal (hence all of the milk) all the snacks for the week, along with drinks for us by the pool and after a long day.

Hope this helps! :sulley:

View attachment 162704

Does anyone know if this is the same size mini fridge inside of the little mermaid rooms? Thanks

Question about bus stops at the Little Mermaid resort? is there not a bus stop at this resort or do you have to walk all the way to Animation hall to catch the bus every time?
My friends are staying here and I was trying to get them some info on it, I have never stayed here personally.:hyper2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter