Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Subbing! One night in a LM room before we move to the CR. Oct 3 can't come soon enough!

Thanks for starting this! We are booked for Cars in Feb. I never thought about specific buildings being specific cars! I can just hear my boys now, "Aw, we want the McQueen building!" :rolleyes:

Staying in Little Mermaid Section November 27th-Dec 5th with Free Dining
cant wait to enjoy this new resort and thank for starting this thread.:cool1:

Thanks for starting this! We are booked for Cars in Feb. I never thought about specific buildings being specific cars! I can just hear my boys now, "Aw, we want the McQueen building!" :rolleyes:

Building 1 is Mater
Building 2 is Lugi
Building 3 is McQueen

Checking into LM on opening day, 9-15. I'm a little worried about how long the check-in process will take, with all 864 rooms being checked into on the same day, plus I'm sure people will be checking into suites also. Hoping they let people check in early, and by the time I get there in the afternoon, the line won't be too long! :woohoo:

Subscribing....thanks so much for starting this thread. 2 months & 1 week until we check in to the LM room for our girl's only trip. Shhhh...don't tell my daughter & niece. It's a surprise!:goodvibes

Checking into LM on opening day, 9-15. I'm a little worried about how long the check-in process will take, with all 864 rooms being checked into on the same day, plus I'm sure people will be checking into suites also. Hoping they let people check in early, and by the time I get there in the afternoon, the line won't be too long! :woohoo:

Yeah! I was wondering about that too. We are arriving that day and staying in LM room. Our flight arrives at 930 AM so I am really hoping we can check in early

Yeah! I was wondering about that too. We are arriving that day and staying in LM room. Our flight arrives at 930 AM so I am really hoping we can check in early

I'm looking forward to hearing back from both of you when you return! We won't be checking into the LM rooms until late November, so I'll need your reports to help me pass the time :thumbsup2 Enjoy yourselves!!

I'm so happy and excited to see this thread!:yay: I will be there from Dec 8-15! It's nice to know that we won't have to share a bus. Only thing....LM area is the furthest away from Animation Hall. I guess a little walking doesn't hurt anyone. :snail:

I am checking in on that day and will be arriving in the early am, so I am hoping our room will be ready since it is empty lol. We have always checked in that early, but our room is not always ready. Hopefully the rush will get there after me and before you.

The kids have no idea we are staying there. We check into CR on 9/16 and could not resist adding one extra day early to stay in LM. I cannot wait until Sept. :banana:

I'm so happy and excited to see this thread!:yay: I will be there from Dec 8-15! It's nice to know that we won't have to share a bus. Only thing....LM area is the furthest away from Animation Hall. I guess a little walking doesn't hurt anyone. :snail:

I thought the same thing. We've stayed at Pop 3 times, and I'm trying to determine if the distance is similar to some of the further out Pop rooms. We've stayed in some rooms there that were far away from Everything Pop and it wasn't too bad, but for some reason the LM rooms seem REALLY far away from Animation Hall.

Just updated the front page with the questions/comments that have been asked...room diagrams are now up!

Glad everyone is enjoying the new thread :woohoo:

The suites have interior doors, but not the LM rooms. I am hoping they all have mug filling stations as well.
First, thanks for all your hard work. About the refillable mugs; I thought resort mugs were free. Anyone know for certain? Thanks again.

Building 1 is Mater
Building 2 is Lugi
Building 3 is McQueen

Actually...

Building 1 has a Tow Mater scene
Building 2 has a Sally and McQueen scene at the Wheel Well Motel
Building 3 has a Luigi and Guido scene at Casa Della Tires

The building numbering runs counter clockwise around the resort from 1 to 10, starting with #1 in the Cars section. Pop Century is numbered this way too.

First, thanks for all your hard work. About the refillable mugs; I thought resort mugs were free. Anyone know for certain? Thanks again.

Refillable mugs are available for individual purchase, or they are "free"/included if your package has a Disney dining plan.

Subscribing! We will be there for our Christmas trip. Has anyone seen any pics of the Lion King master bathrooms yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!