Disney's Art of Animation Resort hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this might be the biggest, most mysterious question of all about this whole thing- what are they going to do with the big numbers they had in front of what would have been Legendary Hall? Personally, I think it'd be cool if they somehow incorporated them into part of the display of Classic Hall (possibly with the big numbers by the Hippie Dippy Pool so the full century is at least represented somewhere other than just the pattern in the background of the signs around the hotel?), but I doubt that will happen.
Although I'd also love to have the big 20 at my house (somehow I always pictured it being bright blue, so it would definitely get a paint job), but I know for sure that won't happen...

Please post pictures of the new art of animation if you are going to the Pop Century. Thanks for all the posting you all have been doing.

I have heard a MOSt disturbing rumour. from another disser, who heard it from a bus driver.
(ok, you all know how rumours go....)

we are ALL so Excited about the new animation Resort. They heard that, since there is SO much disruption from the big tour groups. that they will "filter" all the "tour groups' into this new resort.

aparently , there was a Brazillian tour group, who, with very few chaperones, left the resort at POP Century, with al the bathroom faucets running. caused tons of $$$$$$$ in damage.
the RUMOUR (note, I said rumour) is that the new Animation resort will be set aside mainly for big groups.
IF this is true, it seems not right at all. apparently they had to REDO the REDO of the 60's section, due to the damage caused by this group.
so, since the rest of us desire a normal, peaceful resort stay, instead of bearing down on these tour groups who make life miserable for other, PAYING, guests, Disney plans on giving them the newest resort?

I hope what I have heard is not true. I, for one, have HAD IT, with families needs being set aside for the sake of big groups who run ramshod over families,big groups who take over a resort , bus stops , lines in the parks, fast passes, teens with no regards for anything. no chaperoning,.
I wasHOPING this new resort would give families an"Oasis" AWAY from these disruptive groups, not givethese selfish groups another avenue to disrupt family vacations.
sigh!!!

I have heard a MOSt disturbing rumour. from another disser, who heard it from a bus driver.
(ok, you all know how rumours go....)

we are ALL so Excited about the new animation Resort. They heard that, since there is SO much disruption from the big tour groups. that they will "filter" all the "tour groups' into this new resort.

aparently , there was a Brazillian tour group, who, with very few chaperones, left the resort at POP Century, with al the bathroom faucets running. caused tons of $$$$$$$ in damage.
the RUMOUR (note, I said rumour) is that the new Animation resort will be set aside mainly for big groups.
IF this is true, it seems not right at all. apparently they had to REDO the REDO of the 60's section, due to the damage caused by this group.
so, since the rest of us desire a normal, peaceful resort stay, instead of bearing down on these tour groups who make life miserable for other, PAYING, guests, Disney plans on giving them the newest resort?

I hope what I have heard is not true. I, for one, have HAD IT, with families needs being set aside for the sake of big groups who run ramshod over families,big groups who take over a resort , bus stops , lines in the parks, fast passes, teens with no regards for anything. no chaperoning,.
I wasHOPING this new resort would give families an"Oasis" AWAY from these disruptive groups, not givethese selfish groups another avenue to disrupt family vacations.
sigh!!!

I can't imagine that would go over well with the groups themselves - it would be a substantial increase in room costs, based on the pricing model of the existing family suites. For about the same price, the choices are two rooms that can sleep 8 or a suite that can sleep 6.

And I would think putting large groups in the normal rooms in the Little Mermaid section would make the rest of the resort less attractive to families - I know it would for me and my family.

ME!! I am excited! We have six people in our family and the family suites are perfect for us. I really want to stay in the Lion King section. :thumbsup2

In reference to the rumor from the bus driver, I hope it's not true because my family of 3 would love to stay in the Little Mermaid section. But I could see how it would be possible. Perhaps the large groups would love to be able to split the cost of their stay. Pile 6 people into a suite and split the price 6 ways....that's do-able....and they could have a mini slumber party! I could see it. Wouldn't want to be around it....but I could see it.

I really wanted to stay in Cars section on 2012! I'm so excited to see it when it's finished on 2012!

News, and a target opening date: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-daily-disney/os-disney-animation-hotel-20101216,0,2092695.story

If the new suites are "a no brainer" as the VP of resort operations is quoted as saying in that piece, maybe there's still hope that they'll eventually expand the idea to adding suites at one of the moderate resorts!

There are already various suites at Coronado Springs. We were actually looking into them before the announcement of AoA.

Forgive me if this has already been addressed but does anyone know when Disney will start booking AoA? We will be going in November of 2012 but we plan to book it in mid to late 2011.

Forgive me if this has already been addressed but does anyone know when Disney will start booking AoA? We will be going in November of 2012 but we plan to book it in mid to late 2011.

There is really no way of knowing when they are exactly going to start booking; the opening date is usually a "guesstimated" date this far out - so many things can happen between now and May 2012.

There are already various suites at Coronado Springs. We were actually looking into them before the announcement of AoA.

Only a handful (30, according to Buzz2001's CSR website), so they book up very quickly and unlike the value level family suites the CSR suites have historically been excluded from all discount codes. That makes them very undesirable for us, because we'd have to pay the full $350/night rack rate plus the full price for our dining package even though we've always traveled at times when we'd either get a room discount or free dining if we chose any other accommodations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter