Disney's Animation Inn & Suites

I think the "low bookings" theory is way off base! We are staying at Sports next week because we have to stay value this trip and it was the only value with availability!

I love the idea of suites with a value price but I hope they aren't DVC. If they are DVC families will be right back where they are now with very limited choices.

I think the "low bookings" theory is way off base! We are staying at Sports next week because we have to stay value this trip and it was the only value with availability!

I wonder about this too ? I had trouble getting POP for this Feb when I tried to book in Oct. Had to stay one of our nights at SSR (nothing wrong with that, just would have preferred to save my dvc points for another trip) and adjust my dates to get 5 nights in a row at POP. Also, in early Dec 2007 had to stay at the Movies because no rooms at POP. When I was at POP in Feb 2007 (Feb 10-14), the resort was sold out. Heard a few CM's state this.

Maria

The Only way the POP could be a DVC is if the point price was the same but with a slightly hight rebate. ie £115 a point with a $12 per point rebate, but there would be a lower point minimum say 60. Then they could make the points per night lower.

this would be the only way to accomodate a value DVC into the chain. otherwise, disney allows 2 levels of points. If that was the case, I would buy 250 pop points and use them to book whatever 'real' DVC was available at 6 or 4 months out, as I suspect would many others!

All DVC points must cost the same, with only the points per night controlling the value.

Most folks I talk to say POP is their favorite value resort!

I loved POP, and it was my first resort. I'll be a little sad if it goes....even though the new theme doesn't sound so bad at all. Depending on when they start construction...maybe I'll have to plan a quick stay there for one last hurrah.

A little weirded out by the idea of it becoming a Moderate though? It's still a good distance from the parks compared to the other, more expensive resorts. And it just seems to fit the theme of the Values....I'm not sure how that would work out? :confused3

pop has more rooms than the all stars but sells out quickly so someone is staying there
i love it i asked my adult children to pick any resort to stay for christmas all three picked POP

If they made Pop or the newer section of Pop I should say a value DVC I can't see the price per point cost being lower then anywhere else. If so then they would probably make it non interchangeable with the other DVC's. I's like to see if they are just making a whole new DVC product which it seems they would have to do to make it work. It will definatly be interesting to see.

I would assume that what they would do is have the same per point cost, but lower points per night for booking and probably a lower minimum point purchase. That way it would be less expensive but still interchangeable with the deluxe DVC properties.

Originally Posted by crazy4wdw
Supposedly, Pop Century's occupancy levels do not come close to those at the All Stars and Disney is looking for a way to improve reservations at the resort.

That pretty much amazes me. I found that very suprising, if true.

edit: Now that I read the Jim Hill article, it does make sense. but I dont know of any of the resorts that are really 'disney themed' If you know what I mean, so that part I didnt quite go along with.

Well....not sure how telling this is in relation to the above discussion, but I tried to book AS Movies, Music or Sports just now for March 19-22. Nothing available. I then inquired about POP and sure enough there were both standard and preferred rooms open. Hmmmm.....I did end up booking POP.

Maria

Well....not sure how telling this is in relation to the above discussion, but I tried to book AS Movies, Music or Sports just now for March 19-22. Nothing available. I then inquired about POP and sure enough there were both standard and preferred rooms open. Hmmmm.....I did end up booking POP.

Maria

Thats interesting, when we were booking our last trip Pop was booked to capacity, however All Star Sports was available. I guess maybe it just depends on the time of year?

I found the Pop theme very Disneyish but we were right by the Mickey phone. What do the Southwest or Mardi Gras have to do with Disney? Pop was super crowded both times I was there. My only recommendation to the engineers: better soundproofing. I never realized how loud everything is at the values until I stayed at CSR.

edolyne : Thats interesting, when we were booking our last trip Pop was booked to capacity, however All Star Sports was available. I guess maybe it just depends on the time of year?

I know Sports fills up for large spring break groups and senior high school trips. My dd's class went there last year----there were about 600 of them at the Sports the end of March into the first couple days of April. So maybe Sports is booked with large groups ?

Maria

I know Sports fills up for large spring break groups and senior high school trips. My dd's class went there last year----there were about 600 of them at the Sports the end of March into the first couple days of April. So maybe Sports is booked with large groups ?

Maria

My DS's senior class trip was at Sports also. There were 650 students from his
class.

was at *** also

:lmao: I'm pretty sure you have to abbreviate the AS Sports another way so it doesn't get filtered out. Maybe ASSp ? But I know what you meant JerseyGirl53 :thumbsup2

Maria

:lmao: I'm pretty sure you have to abbreviate the AS Sports another way so it doesn't get filtered out. Maybe ASSp ? But I know what you meant JerseyGirl53 :thumbsup2

Maria

Thanks! I realized what I did too late, but went back to edit it. Still getting
used to all the abbreviations.

With the rumor of the Animation Inn, it seems a little redundant to keep the small ASMovies resort down the road... what would they do? All Star Books resort? :idea: All Star Food Resort? (yum)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter