• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

I've seen on allears menu's that End zone food court has an ice cream sundae machine, that you can choose your own toppings. Is that old info pre covid, or does it still operate?

TIA :)

I've seen on allears menu's that End zone food court has an ice cream sundae machine, that you can choose your own toppings. Is that old info pre covid, or does it still operate?

TIA :)
Are you interpreting the ice cream sundae machine to mean you can dispense yourself? It would be cool, but I doubt it. I don't think I've ordered ice cream there since 12/19, but it was a CM serving up generous portions of ice cream, and usually, depending on CM, as many toppings from a basic/decent selection without extra charge. I do love my ice cream. Have it every day.

Are you interpreting the ice cream sundae machine to mean you can dispense yourself? It would be cool, but I doubt it. I don't think I've ordered ice cream there since 12/19, but it was a CM serving up generous portions of ice cream, and usually, depending on CM, as many toppings from a basic/decent selection without extra charge. I do love my ice cream. Have it every day.
Thankyou for your reply
Yes from the pictures it looks like you serve yourself
The photos are in this post if you scroll down
https://allears.net/dining/photos/end-zone-food-court/food/

Thankyou for your reply
Yes from the pictures it looks like you serve yourself
The photos are in this post if you scroll down
https://allears.net/dining/photos/end-zone-food-court/food/
Thanks! nice about putting on your own toppings. The only downside is soft serve van., choc., twist. I'm an ice cream snob that really don't like melty ice cream - prefer scooped, which is getting fewer and fewer in terms of availability at WDW. But obviously if self serve they're going to have soft serve.

I was there last weekend and did not see these machines for self-serve. They have sundaes- the same toppings bar in the photo- but it was behind the counter and staff made the sundae. We had hard scooped ice cream but I think I remember seeing the machines behind the people at the counter.

We are looking at staying at all stars for 2 nights before we move to our DVC room in CCV. What All star is best ?
Movies and Music are more recently renovated, and as such, the second queen flips up into the wall to reveal a table, and there’s a coffee maker. Sports doesn’t have that update yet. Between Movies and Music I’d say it’s personal preference. Some people like Music’s physical layout better, others like that Movies has a better playground. I’d say it probably doesn’t matter much to 90% of guests which one you land in.

We are looking at staying at all stars for 2 nights before we move to our DVC room in CCV. What All star is best ?
Adding on to what Epcot Forever stated: while which one is "best" is highly subjective, I feel like Movies' tends to be more popular for its theming, whereas guests like me who don't really care much about theming (or pools/playground), prefer Sports just because its proximity as the first pickup & drop off when sharing buses.

On the flip, while none of the Value are immune when there are cheer events, Sports is probably one of the 1st, if not the 1st, selected. I pick Music last because it doesn't have Movies' theming nor Sports' location, and if you compare the layout map of the 3 resorts, you'll see that Music's layout is distinctly more narrow. Meaning if you don't book Preferred, you can easily have a very very long walk from the back of the property (us Nov 2021).

If you want to go with a Refurbed room,I would go with Movies and request Mighty Ducks.

Mighty Ducks is EXTREMELY close to Melody Hall at Music-it is like having a Preferred Room at Music for a Standard Room price.:)

Thanks all. We have booked Movies. As the extra Disney theming won jt for me. Also I’m a big mighty ducks fan so there’s that too !

We won’t be going to the parks as getting an earlier flight so using All stars as a stop over. so buses isn’t a main issue. As we will just go to springs and maybe another resort for dinner.

Thanks all. We have booked Movies. As the extra Disney theming won jt for me. Also I’m a big mighty ducks fan so there’s that too !

We won’t be going to the parks as getting an earlier flight so using All stars as a stop over. so buses isn’t a main issue. As we will just go to springs and maybe another resort for dinner.
We initially considered finally trying out the new Cirque show at DS on a future non park night, but given the cost, and having gone to La Nouba about 6x and numerous other Cirque productions, we're thinking of booking Hoop Dee Doo Review dinner show at Pioneer Hall, Fort Wilderness. Besides, every time we go to DS, my mother in law spends countless hours shopping and then goats us into buying matching things, and we typically don't buy anything at all on our trips without them.

I think the cost is a lot less than I was expecting for Hoop at $66 per adult for the balcony (not really bad seats) and the food is unlimited BBQ, sides, desert, even beer/wine/soda, and including tax/gratuity. Hopefully that price doesn't change in the next few months. Been a long time for me, and the rest of my group have not been there. If the Fort still has the Campfire sing a long, we may try to do an early dinner show to catch a movie - just like I used to as a kid staying at FW.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2022...r-hoop-dee-doo-musical-revue-in-disney-world/

Hi guys. There is a new All Star Pre-Arrival MagicBand available if anyone has an upcoming trip! Enjoy!

655D6ED9-9EE9-498F-93EE-BDB26E0507F0.jpeg

Also, if anyone will be there this month, can you please take a picture of the Recreation Calendar for me? Thank you so much!! Have fun!

Could someone point me to current info that I can use to get the following answers?

Staying at All Star Sports and we have a rental car -

- Whats the fastest way to get to International Gateway for rope drop?
- Whats the fastest way to get to MK for rope drop?
- Whats the fastest way to get to HS for rope drop?
- Whats the fastest way to get to AK for rope drop?

Ive found some answers but nothing posted recently. Taking my 7 year old for the first time after we lost her mom. I hadnt been in a decade since before my daughter was born so this is almost a first for both of us and dont wanna screw it up for her. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter