Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Good thing there are no calories at Disney World. :lmao:
I managed to lose weight the past 2 trips in Dec and May. I nearly kissed my scale last month. I was feeling guilty not running in the am's before the parks (I had a marathon 3-4 weeks later and didn't want to be taking 9 days off from running).

People tend to forget how much walking you do at the parks. My calves are always so sore by the end of the trip.

People tend to forget how much walking you do at the parks. My calves are always so sore by the end of the trip.
My all time step count high at WDW was just under 40,000. But that was back when we had 1am MK nights.

Now, if we hit upper 20k's, it's rare. We target 25k at MK (all the back and forth), and 20k for the other parks, which is about 12-13 miles. I get extra steps because I weave around everyone. My daily average at home is a little higher at 14 miles. But yes, most people aren't used to that much walking. Including my fam. My in laws, who we're bringing in 2 months, run in 1-2 races (mostly 5k's) every single weekend. It's insane. But they're still very very slow walkers and I'll have to pack my patience / contain my excitement:).

If I could pick one body part pain relief from WDW, it would probably be the bottom of my feet from standing so much. I try to wear shoes and blister free Balega running socks over sandals, even in Sept heat/rain, to help my feet some. And we do foot rubs at night. Neck/shoulder pain relief would probably be my second choice. I don't think we usually get calf pain that I can recall.

By any chance anyone knows the transportation time to each park and Disney Springs from Sports? Where can I find that info? TIA!

Last edited:
By any chance anyone knows the transportation time to each park and Disney Springs from Sports? Where can I find that info? TIA!
If you ask a CM, they will tell you buses arrive out front for each park and DS about an hour before park opening, think DS is typically opening 10am. And I believe Disney transportation ends 90 min after park closes. That's the official answer. If rope dropping and trying to grab the very first bus early am, park buses (not DS) tend to start running around 90 min. before 1st park opening (usually AK).

If you ask a CM, they will tell you buses arrive out front for each park and DS about an hour before park opening, think DS is typically opening 10am. And I believe Disney transportation ends 90 min after park closes. That's the official answer. If rope dropping and trying to grab the very first bus early am, park buses (not DS) tend to start running around 90 min. before 1st park opening (usually AK).

Thanks! But I meant more about the time spent on the bus towards places, like from Sports to Disney Spring using the Disney buses would be a 30-minute ride. From Magic Kingdom would be....? To Hollywood Studios...? To Animal Kingdom...? So on and so forth.
I am interested in the estimates so I can plan ahead since the All-Stars has no Skyliner or Monorail - all buses. :)

Thanks! But I meant more about the time spent on the bus towards places, like from Sports to Disney Spring using the Disney buses would be a 30-minute ride. From Magic Kingdom would be....? To Hollywood Studios...? To Animal Kingdom...? So on and so forth.
I am interested in the estimates so I can plan ahead since the All-Stars has no Skyliner or Monorail - all buses. :)
Oh sorry. MK is the longest ride, approx. 20 min. EP is next at probably 15-20, HS about 15, AK is 10-15. That is just a rough est. from memory. You can google car driving time, set at around 7-8am or so, and add about 5 minutes for how slow a Disney bus will travel.

Sports is very close to AK, and would normally easily take under 10 with a car. HS isn't much further to the NE, with MK/EP further to the north and NE. DS isn't too far away, but obtaining a bus to and from is the more unpredictable part. Also, if you do stop at Music and Movies from Sports to pick up more guests, it will add a few minutes, but usually not much, unless you wait a little longer period at a resort for some reason (i.e. disabled).

)By any chance anyone knows the transportation time to each park and Disney Springs from Sports? Where can I find that info? TIA!
Here is a list I kept from a trip to Sports back in 2017.

I am not sure if the All-Stars are sharing buses as much now as then,but the good thing about Sports is that it is picked up first and dropped off first when sharing.

Hope this list helps give you an idea what to expect. :)
(These times do not reflect the time spent waiting for a Bus to arrive at the Stop.)

Saturday April 18-
Sports to Epcot----8:23AM to 8:33AM----10 minutes----Direct
Epcot to Sports----4:46PM to 4:58PM----12 minutes----Share

Sunday April 19----Sports to DAK----7:44AM to 7:52AM----8 minutes----Direct
DAK to Sports----12:51PM to 12:57PM----6 minutes----Share
Sports to DHS----5:37PM to 5:57PM----20 minutes----Share
MK to Music----10:31PM to 10:52PM----21 minutes----Direct
(Hopped on a waiting Music Bus and then walked back to Sports.)

Monday April 20----Sports to MK----6:49AM to 7:04AM----15 minutes----Direct
Epcot to Sports----12:31PM to 12:42PM----11 minutes----Share
Sports to Epcot----2:44PM to 3:04PM----20 minutes----Share
Epcot to Sports----7:00PM to 7:12PM----12 minutes----Share

Tuesday April 21----Sports to DHS----7:58AM to 8:10AM----12 minutes----Direct
DHS to Sports----11:01AM to 11:15AM----14 minutes----Direct
Sports to DTD----2:23PM to 2:50PM----27 minutes----Share
DHS to Sports----9:57PM to 10:09PM----12 minutes----Share

Wednesday April 22----Sports to DAK----7:33AM to 7:44AM----11 minutes----Direct
DAK to Sports----12:29PM to 12:37PM----8 minutes----Share
Sports to DHS----1:30PM to 1:49PM----19 minutes----Share
MK to Music----9:25PM to 9:40PM----15 minutes----Direct

Thursday April 23----Sports to Epcot----11:10AM to 11:19AM----9 minutes----Share
DTD to Sports----5:18PM to 5:37PM-----19 minutes----Share

Friday April 24----Sports to Epcot----8:06AM to 8:17AM-----11 minutes----Direct
Epcot to Sports----10:27AM to 10:43AM----16 minutes----Share
Sports to Epcot----12:23PM to 12:43PM----20 minutes----Share
Epcot to Sports----9:14PM to 9:30PM----16 minutes----Direct

Saturday April 25----Sports to DHS ----7:20AM to 7:30AM-----10 minutes----Direct
Epcot to Sports-----4:16PM to 4:30PM----14 minutes----Share

Sunday April 26----Sports to MK----9:15AM to 9:30AM----15 minutes----Direct
Epcot to Sports----12:20PM to 12:32PM-----12 minutes-----Share

That's a lot of dedication:). Quite the variation such as the Sports to EP route in 9 min. 4/23 11:10 am w/ sharing, 20 min. 4/24 12:23pm with sharing, interesting. Would not have guessed making the EP route in 9 min. (with a car maybe, disney bus, I would not have expected it). Other pattern is looks like you had a lot of instances of stopping at other All Stars, but not much first thing in am.

There are lots of people here who claim that AS sharing is no longer occurring. Our last trip Nov 2021, we had plenty of sharing, about the same as always although we didn't keep track. We really only cared about sharing first thing as we RD. And it seemed like it was definitely less than 50% of time, maybe closer to 33% first thing in the am. It was more likely from park to resort. But for us we were consistently leaving resort very early in the am and parks to resort at closing time. When I asked bus driver what dictates sharing between how many people boarded at your stop and if there's a reported another bus coming at xx time, and he said that it's just how much longer before the next bus arrives. Seasonal differences would apply too given if you're there Christmas or NYE, your bus may be nearly full and not able to stop at other resorts for more guests, and there may be more buses. Someone always attending in Sept may have a different experience.

Disney's All-Star Sports Resort Lobby Refurbishment to Begin on July 25, 2022

Beginning July 25, the lobby of Disney's All-Star Sports Resort will undergo an extensive refurbishment project that will result in a more seamless Guest check-in experience. Similar to Disney's All-Star Music and Movies Resorts, this refresh will be completed in phases. Guests will continue to have access to the restrooms, bus loop, Sport Goofy Gifts and Sundries, and End Zone Food Court during the refurbishment.
Upon completion this fall, Stadium Hall will feature an enhanced check-in experience offering an open, free-flowing layout with a variety of smaller counters to help Guests kick off their Walt Disney World vacation. This refurbishment is currently expected to be complete in late September.

Any way to find out which buildings have renovations finished? I know the Touchdown buildings are finished, but which ones are next?
How to keep track? Looking forward for my September trip!

If anyone gets pictures of the lobby refurbishment can you please post them for us to see.

Thanks!

All room refurbishments in the Touchdown Buildings are officially finished. But as far as I know, it's the only buildings done. Lobby is next apparently.
Are you assuming that lobby refurb is next with a stoppage of refurb to rooms? I'd only be guessing but it seems like they could go to Surf's Up buildings 1 or 6 while working on the lobby, keeping the other Surf's Up bldg that's not done and Touchdown 7 & 10 for Preferred, doing Standard last.

When in Sept are you guys going to be there? We're there Sept 2.

It's supposed to be that they get the same new-room treatment as Pop, Movies, and Music. They didn't do this work during the time Sports was closed, but started the work a couple of months ago instead.
probably fairly easy to figure out, but it seems like it's been several weeks to do the Touchdown rooms since we've been talking about the refurb (here) way back when. In terms of trying to guesstimate how long this is going to take for the property. I remember the lobby refurbs of the other resorts but can't remember how long those projects took either. Didn't think they had much of an impact for us though. And we actually visit the lobby as needy guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter