Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Could someone point me to current info that I can use to get the following answers?

Staying at All Star Sports and we have a rental car -

- Whats the fastest way to get to International Gateway for rope drop?
- Whats the fastest way to get to MK for rope drop?
- Whats the fastest way to get to HS for rope drop?
- Whats the fastest way to get to AK for rope drop?

Ive found some answers but nothing posted recently. Taking my 7 year old for the first time after we lost her mom. I hadnt been in a decade since before my daughter was born so this is almost a first for both of us and dont wanna screw it up for her. Thanks
I'm sorry for your loss. I hope your upcoming trip provides a lot of good memories.

We pack our GPS and have each of 4 parks' addresses preloaded so we can hit recent trips without typing them in when driving from resort. Sports should be closest to AK with MK the longest drive + you have to allocate more time since you'll be parking at the Transportation and Ticket Center (not MK itself), and then have the walk/tram from parking to a tram or ferry to MK. HS and EP, I believe you can't always easily find the actual address... we typically pick one of the few HS locations that pop up, and usually its for an area resort, not the park itself. But we only use the GPS to get us going since we follow the Disney signs that are easy to follow (choosing signs over GPS closer to, otherwise GPS will lead you astray). Can also use your phone instead of a GPS obviously, we don't have unlimited data/don't like to below fully charged heading into the parks (w/ Genie taking up so much battery these days). If you're old school and need turn by turn directions, I'd Google it and jot them in specified notes saved on your phone or print them out to keep in the car.

Disney's Beach Club Resort is the closest to Int'l Gateway for rope dropping Rat. 1800 Epcot Resorts Blvd, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830 per Google.

Another thought you may want to consider beforehand if park hopping is in the case of a MK/EP combo, do you want to drive to 2nd park and have your car right there at night or quickly take the monorail between the 2 parks after 1st park. Just keep in mind if you choose the monorail option, that monorails run I believe typically 90 min after close. So if you're going to stay out past 10:30 at MK and need the monorail back to EP for your car, it may not be available.

hope this helps a little

Could someone point me to current info that I can use to get the following answers?

Staying at All Star Sports and we have a rental car -

- Whats the fastest way to get to International Gateway for rope drop?
- Whats the fastest way to get to MK for rope drop?
- Whats the fastest way to get to HS for rope drop?
- Whats the fastest way to get to AK for rope drop?

Ive found some answers but nothing posted recently. Taking my 7 year old for the first time after we lost her mom. I hadnt been in a decade since before my daughter was born so this is almost a first for both of us and dont wanna screw it up for her. Thanks

Even when I have a rental car, I'd take the bus from Sports to MK. It's the most efficient because you are dropped off right at the entrance.

Using your car to drive to HS and AK is going to be quick. AK especially; it's right around the corner from Sports.

If it were me I'd just drive to EP and use the main entrance. That's also a quick drive and would be more efficient than trying to finagle a way to enter at the International Gateway. Staying at Sports doesn't really set you up with a way to use that entrance.

Even when I have a rental car, I'd take the bus from Sports to MK. It's the most efficient because you are dropped off right at the entrance.

Using your car to drive to HS and AK is going to be quick. AK especially; it's right around the corner from Sports.

If it were me I'd just drive to EP and use the main entrance. That's also a quick drive and would be more efficient than trying to finagle a way to enter at the International Gateway. Staying at Sports doesn't really set you up with a way to use that entrance.
I'd probably agree on MK. Even though you could be waiting a long time after Enchantment these days for a bus, the drop off at MK direct in the am (assuming not a huge wait for bus in am) beats parking in what's typically been towards the back lots of MK like Pan, Hook (if no preferred parking pass). Then having to take a monorail - which is typically very quick, but still an extra step.

AK especially, not just because it's about a 10 min drive, but if going early am, they give you Unicorn parking, with a shorter walk vs. the other Parks. HS isn't much further.

We also just parked at EP for front entrance last mo., but we also didn't have any intention of going to Rat first. Without a dining reservation, isn't there restrictions from parking at another resort anyhow? I've never even tried.

Does anyone know why the End Zone food court is listed as closed on the mobile order app?

Does anyone know why the End Zone food court is listed as closed on the mobile order app?

I don't know. On the web site pages, there are no operation hours listed until next week. I suspect this is just bad data.

Intermission food court at Music has the same problem with no hours listed until next week, and labeled as "closed" in the app today.

World Premiere food court at Movies doesn't have this problem.

Anyone have an update on mobile order at the End Zone food court?
Mobile order was turned off at both Music & Sports food courts while the Special Olympics competitors were staying there last week. They were still open for in-person orders, but they had a limited menu. I think they just couldn't handle mobile orders while they were so busy. The food courts always had a really long line when I walked by last week. Mobile order has returned at both now. :)

Anyone going to be there over the 4th of July? Wondering how crowded the resort will be????

I added a night to the first part of our trip and, since it is just a one night stay before moving over to Caribbean Beach for the rest of our stay, I booked at Movies. We have stayed at Movies a couple of times and Music once for just a couple of nights. Sports has a preferred room available for $25 more and I'm tempted to switch just so we can stay at a "new to us" resort. Are all of the preferred rooms now refurbished?

I added a night to the first part of our trip and, since it is just a one night stay before moving over to Caribbean Beach for the rest of our stay, I booked at Movies. We have stayed at Movies a couple of times and Music once for just a couple of nights. Sports has a preferred room available for $25 more and I'm tempted to switch just so we can stay at a "new to us" resort. Are all of the preferred rooms now refurbished?
Unlike Pop, Movies, and Music, Sports still has the old style value resort rooms. They have just started the new style room renovations in some buildings but right now all available rooms are the old style.

Unlike Pop, Movies, and Music, Sports still has the old style value resort rooms. They have just started the new style room renovations in some buildings but right now all available rooms are the old style.

That's what I thought. I'll probably stick with Movies. I wanted to try something new but not if it means staying in the older rooms. Thanks!

The recent AP sale that advertised $129/night for All Stars through 9/08/22 (we're staying through 9/09, note we're 4 adults so there's about $20 fee added), discounted our Sports price from the Disney+ sale by $40 for 7 nights, $1,171 or $167.29/night after taxes, and I think just Tue & Wed had the $129+ tax (if 2 adults). I think it was $189 plus tax for 9/09. Preferred would have cost $1,350 or $179 avg., $25.64 more over Standard.

We always choose the savings over Preferred. Part of that is pure stubbornness from having been upgraded for free at check-in, in the past, when things were different. I realize now that even in Sept., and if there are vacancies, you have a super great smile and ask pretty please, and it's your 10th anniversary (it is), CM's tend to not upgrade you without you paying the extra. $179 is less than what I was expecting/what I've seen typically to be the difference from Standard. The way I still didn't pay up for the Preferred upgrade: we're currently anticipating 4 days of G+, which I aim to save at least 60 minutes of line waiting to justify its cost. $179 pays about 3 of 4 days of G+ (180+ min. of park time saved). For us Preferred is simply time savings/proximity to buses snice we rarely swim (parks all day) or dine at food court outside of on the way to or from buses. Can't imagine more than 5 min walk (I'm a speed walker) from a horrible Standard location, 10 min round trip x 8 = 80 min. < 180 min. Another way to look at might be that $179, $26/day, is like 20 of those giant soft serve topped funnel cakes at Epic Eats, HS. I would definitely walk a little extra for free Epic Eats or other treats.

I'm sort of joking here, but I did actually do this in my head at the time of deciding with CM on the phone.

See now I want a funnel cake. lol
We only recently discovered the ice cream funnel cakes at Epic Eats (formerly at Oasis Canteen I believe). I think our go to desserts have always been Hollywood Scoops, the Parlor, until it became $7.99 for a brownie sundae that you wait 3x longer for. Calories per dollar. I believe Epic Eats funnel cakes are basically the same price as the ones at Sleepy Hollow except soft serve and either chocolate cookies or strawberries instead of the pile of berries at Sleepy Hollow. Every trip, I mean to go to Sleepy Hollow. But I've never ordered anything there. Ever.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018...l-cake-at-oasis-canteen-in-walt-disney-world/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter