Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

What is this and where is this? We are preferred next week and it might matter.
The Beverage Island in End Zone Food Court can he used 24/7 with the Mugs.

We are sometimes in there at 5:00 AM getting coffee!lol

Request Building 6/close to Stadium Hall.

At the beginning of the trip, I was dreading having to switch to Sports. By Day 2 at Saratoga, I just wanted to go home. I know some love it, we just hated it. Finding a drink is next to impossible and I need my water and diet coke! When we got to Sports, I wasn't expecting much. We arrived late from the parks expecting to go to luggage services, grab our bags and make the long walk to our room. However, we walked up to luggage services, greeted by one of the best cast members we ever encountered and he asked how he could help. I said we were there to pick up our luggage and gave him our name. He responded "your bags are already in your room." I was pleasantly shocked and told him I thought we had to transport them. He replied "That's how we do it here at All Star Sports." That set the stage to just a wonderful stay. We loved it. The pools are great. You can get a drink or bite to eat close to everything. I don't even know what building we were in, but we walked the football field, past the pool, into our lovely room. I think it was a mile, if not over, from our room at Saratoga to the main building. We are definitely going to be going back to Sports. For that price, we can go more times than staying one time at a deluxe.

I think a lot of us (myself included) underestimate how great the All-Stars are before we get there! My first time at ASMo, I thought from the pictures all the giant decorations were going to be tacky, but when I saw them in person I thought they were really cute! And I don’t know why reviewers always say the walks are long at the Values, because that’s simply not the case, as any map will prove!

I’m debating whether to try Sports. It’s the last All-Star I haven’t been to, although I’ve never really been a sports person . . . hmm.

The Beverage Island in End Zone Food Court can he used 24/7 with the Mugs.

We are sometimes in there at 5:00 AM getting coffee!lol

Request Building 6/close to Stadium Hall.
So the food court is not locked down? Good to know.

No and the same for Music and Movies.

Ok…now I am rethinking Pop for August. I could save 250-350 (depending on if I did standard or preferred) if I stayed at an All Star resort…

Ok…now I am rethinking Pop for August. I could save 250-350 (depending on if I did standard or preferred) if I stayed at an All Star resort…
Note Music is not laid out the same so Preferred there is a must do for me if I were to go back.

I've been in every section of Sports and none were a bad location, but I really love Surf's Up (Preferred).

I thought I would love Movies but I actually like Sports better layout wise. Feels more compact.

Note Music is not laid out the same so Preferred there is a must do for me if I were to go back.

I've been in every section of Sports and none were a bad location, but I really love Surf's Up (Preferred).

I thought I would love Movies but I actually like Sports better layout wise. Feels more compact.

Yeah - I loved Surf’s Up when I stayed there before. Do we think they will be done with renovations by the last couple of weeks in August?

Yeah - I loved Surf’s Up when I stayed there before. Do we think they will be done with renovations by the last couple of weeks in August?
I do. Half of Surf is done. Two buildings are being worked on now and then they'll do the other Surf and other Hoops. I can't imagine it won't be done by late summer. At least you know half is done and if you put in a request with your reservation ... 🤞

I do. Half of Surf is done. Two buildings are being worked on now and then they'll do the other Surf and other Hoops. I can't imagine it won't be done by late summer. At least you know half is done and if you put in a request with your reservation ... 🤞

Thanks! I just emailed my TA to change! :)

Is any area of sports closer to Music main building than Sports? Like when we stayed at Movies, we were much closer to Music for the food court and even buses than we were to Movies. My son wants to stay at POP but I am tempted by the savings of an All Star and he's big Basketball fan. We would miss skyliner, but we'd probably get over it. Since Rockin Rollercoaster is down when we are there we may not be going to Hollywood Studios as much as I'd thought at first.

Is any area of sports closer to Music main building than Sports? Like when we stayed at Movies, we were much closer to Music for the food court and even buses than we were to Movies. My son wants to stay at POP but I am tempted by the savings of an All Star and he's big Basketball fan. We would miss skyliner, but we'd probably get over it. Since Rockin Rollercoaster is down when we are there we may not be going to Hollywood Studios as much as I'd thought at first.
There is no parking lot between Music and Movies up by front, just road. There is a big parking lot between Sports and Music. The closest area would be Grand Slam Baseball. Hoops are opposite side. Sports has the tightest footprint.

Last edited:
There is no parking lot between Music and Movies up by front, just road. There is a big parking lot between Sports and Music. The closest area would be Grand Slam Baseball. Hoops are opposite side. Sports has the tightest footprint.
And a great thing about Home Run Hotel is it has its "own" Pool and Laundry.

I also think HRH is one of the best-themed sections in any WDW Resort.

The Grand Slam Pool is themed like a baseball infield with Goofy on the Pitcher's "mound" and their is an "outfield" and at night their are "stadium lights"-just amazing.

The walk across the Parking Lot to the Calypso section and then through the Calypso section to Melody Hall is not a "terrible" walk-we have been known to walk over to Music and get their Shrimp and Grits.

Another convert to Sports after wanting to avoid it at any cost! Cheapest room for my quick solo 3 night 2 intensive park day visit. I hated the idea of the sports theme vs movies and music which I’ve stayed at many times. But with my midnight arrival, I was super happy over the compact layout. And the Surf section made it feel “tropical” 🤣 Plus I got upgraded fromStandard to preferred in building 10. Also got a king bed. Loved the extra space. Though I don’t think I’d care for being in the location I was if there were cheerleaders around. I will say I was shocked a bit to walk out of the check in building and right into the pool gate! That’s how much more compact of a layout this resort is over any other! Now I’m a little torn over my August trip. I have Movies booked but I might switch.

Another convert to Sports after wanting to avoid it at any cost! Cheapest room for my quick solo 3 night 2 intensive park day visit. I hated the idea of the sports theme vs movies and music which I’ve stayed at many times. But with my midnight arrival, I was super happy over the compact layout. And the Surf section made it feel “tropical” 🤣 Plus I got upgraded fromStandard to preferred in building 10. Also got a king bed. Loved the extra space. Though I don’t think I’d care for being in the location I was if there were cheerleaders around. I will say I was shocked a bit to walk out of the check in building and right into the pool gate! That’s how much more compact of a layout this resort is over any other! Now I’m a little torn over my August trip. I have Movies booked but I might switch.
Awesome-glad you discovered the fun that is Disney's All-Star Sports Resort!

It is a "different" Resort when the Cheerleaders are there,but we just kind of "go with the flow".lol

The College Cheerleaders were there with us a couple of weeks ago.

52640036777_c253ea8360_c.jpg

Okay I am here now. MOST of the parking lot between Sports and Music is fenced off with "equipment". So weird because in September it wasn't like this. We ended up parking on the north side of resort even though the south side was closest to room ... but with only 2 short small rows for parking away from ideal, made no sense.

Thanks! I just emailed my TA to change! :)
In my room and VERY HAPPY!!!

I am in a renovated room, SURF'S UP. I'm in building 6 on backside facing garden, to left I can see end of Touchdown but should be fine come cheerleader arrival. FIRST FLOOR TOO! I'm fine not facing pool for noise factor and we are just steps to the food court. Since close for first time in years we got Refillable Mug. I like there is TONS of outdoor seating for the food court and I do think the main pool is the best of the AllStars AND POP.

They took some notes as the wall light fixture is not a fog light like the ones they put in at POP. The decor is very muted with rich tones burgundy, green, beige, grey from curtains to furnishings. Has a rich feel to it even though it is a value. The wood tones are darker than POP with more "wood" than white surfaces. Furniture a bit different, I really like the coffee bar cabinet. AND that is why the thermostat's are covered ... this piece has big angled top instead of the flat shelf at POP. Someone looked at aesthetics over measurements. No problem setting the thermostat but now the sensor is covered so we'll see how my hot self does .... 🥵

Hate to say it as I LOVE POP but I like this renovation better.

I am in a renovated room, SURF'S UP. I'm in building 6 on backside facing garden, to left I can see end of Touchdown but should be fine come cheerleader arrival. FIRST FLOOR TOO! I'm fine not facing pool for noise factor and we are just steps to the food court. Since close for first time in years we got Refillable Mug. I like there is TONS of outdoor seating for the food court and I do think the main pool is the best of the AllStars AND POP.

They took some notes as the wall light fixture is not a fog light like the ones they put in at POP. The decor is very muted with rich tones burgundy, green, beige, grey from curtains to furnishings. Has a rich feel to it even though it is a value. The wood tones are darker than POP with more "wood" than white surfaces. Furniture a bit different, I really like the coffee bar cabinet. AND that is why the thermostat's are covered ... this piece has big angled top instead of the flat shelf at POP. Someone looked at aesthetics over measurements. No problem setting the thermostat but now the sensor is covered so we'll see how my hot self does .... 🥵

I am in building 8 Home Run top floor right now. Been here since Jan 24th. The sensor being covered has been an issue. It has been cold the last few days so I set it to 72 since I like it warm. Well the sensor being cover means it has been constantly going back to the 68 preset unless you go and set it back every time.

Last edited:

Great news!!! Any pictures would be appreciated!! :) Hopefully they figure out this sensor thing before the summer - hot rooms would NOT be good!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter