Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

I wonder too ~ and am a guest that hopes NOT. I had so many bad experiences that we started staying offsite in Jan & Feb. I know that Disney makes money (likely charge them full price) but I have to think they cost them too. With Housekeeping being a difficult thing for them to fill, I'd quit after having to clean those rooms. We stayed amongst them a few times and WOW, those rooms. Pizza and food all on the beds ... no pizza box, rooms so bad it looked like they had lived in there months instead of days. One night was particularly bad so I went to one of their rooms. When they opened the door along with about 20+ kids partying the mattresses were against the walls - WHY, there was still a bed frame - chairs stacked on tables ... no way those rooms don't sustain lots of damage. Cleaning has to take triple the time or more.

If they come back if I were Disney I'd say (1) NO housekeeping during stay. Need towels, go to the pool and get them. (2) Do NOT get on buses with guests. Arrange a pickup time at hotel and park and ride with just your group. Disney provides the bus. (3) They pay for extra security who will enforce quiet time at 10 pm and all kids must stay in their rooms after 11 pm (allows food court run). (4) Chaperones MUST keep control; no chanting, no singing, no clapping. (5) They are like everyone else on Genie+. IF they want to they can include it in their package (make them pay top dollar) but their chaperones must do the booking etc. No advantages. Maybe with enough rules we'll just get the groups with the chaperones who do their jobs.

When my DD worked there she had a few moments with them at Soarin' ... she spoke to many chaperones and found the older ladies quite nice and their groups well behaved. They told her it was the groups with the "young men" and younger chaperones that were the problems. They could care less how the kids acted and often were the instigator for the chant/sing/clap times. The more fun the kids had the bigger the tips they got. The older ladies said those companies were often the ones who got banned but the kids just move to another or they change their name.

Who knows they ditched POP WARNER, maybe with the fuller hotels and full parks they might not invite them back. Do they really need them?
WOW!

Reminds me of several years ago we asked one of the Super Greeters how life with The 15s was going and she said pretty good although she said one group had been to Walmart and bought one of those little,inflatable "baby pools" and filled it with water in their room!

I guess they were planning on soaking their feet in it after a long day of touring!lol

It really used to be an EVENT when they rolled into a Resort!lol

Here are the large quantities of Snacks/Drinks/Mugs of a just arriving Group.

1630081582687-png.600267

And a not so pretty picture!lol
29250746147_5a636f665b_c.jpg

WOW!

Reminds me of several years ago we asked one of the Super Greeters how life with The 15s was going and she said pretty good although she said one group had been to Walmart and bought one of those little,inflatable "baby pools" and filled it with water in their room!

I guess they were planning on soaking their feet in it after a long day of touring!lol

It really used to be an EVENT when they rolled into a Resort!lol

Here are the large quantities of Snacks/Drinks/Mugs of a just arriving Group.

And a not so pretty picture!lol

UGH!

I can't even begin to say what I'd like to say other than I'm totally not surprised.

Their disrespect is immeasurable.

They could have soaked their feet in the pools they take over. One trip DS wanted to swim and we were stopped in our tracks. Pool looked like human soup. They were chanting and "dancing" in the water, water you could barely see for all the people.

How are the parking lots? Are any of them closed or blocked off? Thanks!
3 weeks ago ~ YES. Most the parking lot south of resort (between it and Music) is closed off. A smaller area in the north lot was closed up and they looked to be moving lots there. Since the last two buildings to be done are north perhaps it will open up more of the south. All of the front lots were open and that is where they told us to park. (I didn't I parked in north lot)

Currently booked in POP for May but looking at All Star Sports to save some money (almost $400 over the trip which more than covers adding on an after hours party, or a lot of snacks :D )
I know two buildings are being renovated and two more to go. I am assuming the last two will be started by May (but could be wrong of course).

Do they book people in the building that is being renovated? Or is the whole thing closed until it's completed?

We would want a renovated room. I could book Music instead but it looks a bit more spread out than Sports and kiddo is a sports fan. We've stayed at Movies but they only have preferred for our dates and that's not as big a savings. We did like staying there in 2019.

I think we may miss skyliner, but I don't remember too many issues with buses, other than when we were going to the water parks but I understand that has changed now so probably not as much of an issue. And the savings could pay for some uber's in that case any way.

I'm debating between requesting Hoops (basketball is kiddo's sport) or Homerun because it's near the "quiet" pool. And baseball is the backup sport :D But according to touringplans, most rooms seem to only be like a 5 minute walk from buses/food court. Is any one area better than another?

Currently booked in POP for May but looking at All Star Sports to save some money (almost $400 over the trip which more than covers adding on an after hours party, or a lot of snacks :D )
I know two buildings are being renovated and two more to go. I am assuming the last two will be started by May (but could be wrong of course).

Do they book people in the building that is being renovated? Or is the whole thing closed until it's completed?

We would want a renovated room. I could book Music instead but it looks a bit more spread out than Sports and kiddo is a sports fan. We've stayed at Movies but they only have preferred for our dates and that's not as big a savings. We did like staying there in 2019.

I think we may miss skyliner, but I don't remember too many issues with buses, other than when we were going to the water parks but I understand that has changed now so probably not as much of an issue. And the savings could pay for some uber's in that case any way.

I'm debating between requesting Hoops (basketball is kiddo's sport) or Homerun because it's near the "quiet" pool. And baseball is the backup sport :D But according to touringplans, most rooms seem to only be like a 5 minute walk from buses/food court. Is any one area better than another?
The entire Building is closed during Refurb.

I see no reason why the last 2 Buildings would not be the only ones under Refurb in May leaving all available Inventory as Refurbed rooms.

We Like Home Run Hotel because it has its "own" Pool and Laundry and also it is right across the Parking Lot from Music in case we want to eat at Music's Food Court or catch a Music Bus back from a Park.

To get our "Skyliner Fix" when staying at Sports,when going to Epcot,we take the Bus to Hollywood Studios and then Skyliner to Epcot. :)

With my wife doing a lot of traveling, Our son and I are doing a "guys trip" :D So I just booked Preferred in All-Star Movies in June.

Even with the non-refurbished room in building 2 I had in December when I stayed there, I liked the resort. The only All-Stars he has stayed at was Movies, so this theming should be a treat for him.

I'm looking forward to seeing the preferred room and comparing its theming and layout to the old, as well as the Refurbed rooms we stayed at in Movies and Pop.

We just booked one night for April 16. We ended up booking a standard room. Might change it if we’re able to find a last minute dvc rental but ds is excited to see the large basketballs

Debating about booking a stay here next week for Spring Break. All that is available is preferred...I've only ever stayed at POP for value resorts. Is there any preferred rooms in the "baseball" section? Or if I book preferred are all those rooms at least refurbed?! Thanks!

Debating about booking a stay here next week for Spring Break. All that is available is preferred...I've only ever stayed at POP for value resorts. Is there any preferred rooms in the "baseball" section? Or if I book preferred are all those rooms at least refurbed?! Thanks!
Preferred are all of Buildings 1 & 6 (Surf's Up) & 7 & 10 (Touchdown.) Building 1 is not yet refurbed - the other 3 Preferred buildings are refurbed. No Preferred in the Basebal section (Home Run.)

Preferred are all of Buildings 1 & 6 (Surf's Up) & 7 & 10 (Touchdown.) Building 1 is not yet refurbed - the other 3 Preferred buildings are refurbed. No Preferred in the Basebal section (Home Run.)
Ok thank you! With preferred being my only choice to book, its sounds like I need to request Touchdown section for the best chance at a refurbed room. Although baseball is DS preferred sport, he's a big enough Chiefs fan that I think he'll be ok with football! lol

Ok thank you! With preferred being my only choice to book, its sounds like I need to request Touchdown section for the best chance at a refurbed room. Although baseball is DS preferred sport, he's a big enough Chiefs fan that I think he'll be ok with football! lol
Home Run (baseball) section is right next to Touchdown -Home Run has it's own pool, too - so that would be a great choice :)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter