Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Hi there, I read first 5 and last 5 pages off this thread and cannot locate the answer.
Can someone advise what the current toiletries are provided in the ASSp rooms? Trying to simplify packing as we're doing a short trip. TIA

Hi there, I read first 5 and last 5 pages off this thread and cannot locate the answer.
Can someone advise what the current toiletries are provided in the ASSp rooms? Trying to simplify packing as we're doing a short trip. TIA
We are sitting on a Mears bus at MCO waiting to go to All-Star Sports right now!

Will check when our room is ready.

H2O+ Beauty Sea Salt Body Wash

H2O+ Beauty Sea Marine Revitalizing Conditioner

H2O+ Beauty Sea Marine Revitalizing Shampoo

Wall-mounted bottles

Planning a stay in May, was just wondering if Homerun section is done with construction? Thanks!

⬇️⬇️⬇️

These estimates of amount of time to complete buildings are super rough estimates because I'm just going off of what other posters have noted as they've stayed:

Building 10 (Touchdown-Preferred)-Complete
Building 9 (Homerun Hotel-Standard)-Complete
Building 8 (Homerun Hotel-Standard)-Complete
Building 7 (Touchdown-Preferred)-Complete
Building 6 (Surf's Up-Preferred)-Complete

Building 5 (Center Court-Standard)-In progress
Building 4 (Center Court-Standard)-Complete
Building 3 (Hoops Hotel-Standard)-In progress
Building 2 (Hoops Hotel-Standard)-Not yet started
Building 1 (Surf's Up-Preferred)-Not yet started

*Coffee makers*
The coffee brand is Joffrey's. I believe the coffee maker is a Cuisinart 2-cup and if the same as POP it's a WCM19. It uses pods not k-cups. The pods are provided for you in the room.

I have found one thing I really love about the All-Star Sports Refurb and one thing that is a definite negative.

The positive is that the Shower has the "standard" Shower Head and not the Hand-Held design.I am sure some Guests prefer the Hand-Held so it is just my personal preference.

The negative is that the Thermostat "face" cannot be seen because of the furniture-no way to know the temperature.

52638930124_66dabdcd9f_c.jpg

I have found one thing I really love about the All-Star Sports Refurb and one thing that is a definite negative.

The positive is that the Shower has the "standard" Shower Head and not the Hand-Held design.I am sure some Guests prefer the Hand-Held so it is just my personal preference.

The negative is that the Thermostat "face" cannot be seen because of the furniture-no way to know the temperature.

Wonder why they changed directions on this from POP?

For me a hand held is a huge help showering my DS (disabled) and for families that get shower rooms with young children a hand held can be less stressful. Maybe too many were getting broken off.

Wonder why they changed directions on this from POP?

For me a hand held is a huge help showering my DS (disabled) and for families that get shower rooms with young children a hand held can be less stressful. Maybe too many were getting broken off.
And AFAIK all Movies and Music Rooms also have Hand-Held.

The only thing I can think of would possibly be a Supply Chain issue.

It really is strange.

The thermostat location is very odd. Hopefully they move it to a more accessible spot???

Yes,looks like poor planning.

I also had to "work" my hand in their and "guess" where the up and down buttons were.

I am staying at Sports now until Jan 31st and while the thermostat is in the same place as the photo with the cabinet there. My cabinet must not be as close to the thermostat cause I can see the screen and have no problem seeing and adjusting the temperature. It is still closer than I would like though. I’ll have to try and remember to edit this post with my own photo when I get back to the room later.

Update:

Back in my room now here are some photos I took. The space between the wall and the cabinet measures the length of the tv remote in the room.
2927A6B5-1A73-4B9E-9BFD-8E6A11E633FF.jpeg
37D83E00-8606-4818-960F-E159183E4BB5.jpeg
833BBB01-D0F1-418E-B914-6DD757D4B764.jpeg

Last edited:
We were just there and I can attest that the thermostat is in weird location but quite frankly, that was it. We loved this place and we are usually Deluxe hotel stayers. We actually came from Saratoga Springs resort to All Star Sports and LOVED Sports better! We hated Saratoga Springs. No where close to get a drink. Buses were bad. Just too big. When we got to Sports, we were immediately relaxed and had everything pretty much at our fingertips. Staff was great, buses great, food court great, rooms great. We will not hesitate to stay here again. I'm actually shocked what a little gem this is. I was scared to stay here but will absolutely stay here again. Just my two cents on our recent visit.

We were just there and I can attest that the thermostat is in weird location but quite frankly, that was it. We loved this place and we are usually Deluxe hotel stayers. We actually came from Saratoga Springs resort to All Star Sports and LOVED Sports better! We hated Saratoga Springs. No where close to get a drink. Buses were bad. Just too big. When we got to Sports, we were immediately relaxed and had everything pretty much at our fingertips. Staff was great, buses great, food court great, rooms great. We will not hesitate to stay here again. I'm actually shocked what a little gem this is. I was scared to stay here but will absolutely stay here again. Just my two cents on our recent visit.
Pretty sure the thermostats are in the same exact place they were before but no cabinet, just a table with two chairs. To move the thermostat would have been costly and not something that would be "necessary". BUT I do think they should have made sure all of the coffee/fridge cabinets were pushed as far as they could be away from that wall without impeding flow around the murphy bed.

Funny was I avoided Sports for YEARS, didn't love Allstars and wasn't in to the sports angle. I love POP but the rate can often be too much, especially now with Skyliner (not a plus for me). But once I stayed I've probably been about 10-12 times. I love their pool area and always had a great experience there. Heading back next week, the rate I got was less than anything I found offsite where I normally would stay if I wanted just a room.

Awesome!

We are the same way-people find it UNBELIEVEABLE that we actually prefer the Values over the Deluxes and Moderates!lol

We love the "energy" at All-Star Sports!

It was my first Resort in 2003 and have stayed there many times since.

The 24/7 Beverage Island access is really cool.

We love to Hang Ten at Surfboard Bay!

1640195189773-png.632613

Pretty sure the thermostats are in the same exact place they were before but no cabinet, just a table with two chairs. To move the thermostat would have been costly and not something that would be "necessary". BUT I do think they should have made sure all of the coffee/fridge cabinets were pushed as far as they could be away from that wall without impeding flow around the murphy bed.

Funny was I avoided Sports for YEARS, didn't love Allstars and wasn't in to the sports angle. I love POP but the rate can often be too much, especially now with Skyliner (not a plus for me). But once I stayed I've probably been about 10-12 times. I love their pool area and always had a great experience there. Heading back next week, the rate I got was less than anything I found offsite where I normally would stay if I wanted just a room.
It looks like the picture with the larger "gap" than we had is of a room with the Thermostat on the opposite side from ours.

That must explain the much larger "gap" between that room and ours-that room configuration allowed for the bigger gap.

Have a SPORTY time on your trip!

At the beginning of the trip, I was dreading having to switch to Sports. By Day 2 at Saratoga, I just wanted to go home. I know some love it, we just hated it. Finding a drink is next to impossible and I need my water and diet coke! When we got to Sports, I wasn't expecting much. We arrived late from the parks expecting to go to luggage services, grab our bags and make the long walk to our room. However, we walked up to luggage services, greeted by one of the best cast members we ever encountered and he asked how he could help. I said we were there to pick up our luggage and gave him our name. He responded "your bags are already in your room." I was pleasantly shocked and told him I thought we had to transport them. He replied "That's how we do it here at All Star Sports." That set the stage to just a wonderful stay. We loved it. The pools are great. You can get a drink or bite to eat close to everything. I don't even know what building we were in, but we walked the football field, past the pool, into our lovely room. I think it was a mile, if not over, from our room at Saratoga to the main building. We are definitely going to be going back to Sports. For that price, we can go more times than staying one time at a deluxe.

It looks like the picture with the larger "gap" than we had is of a room with the Thermostat on the opposite side from ours.

That must explain the much larger "gap" between that room and ours-that room configuration allowed for the bigger gap.

Have a SPORTY time on your trip!
Both photos show the vent in the wall for the system behind the vent/thermostat wall. I think maybe your room was just the flip plan.

At the beginning of the trip, I was dreading having to switch to Sports. By Day 2 at Saratoga, I just wanted to go home. I know some love it, we just hated it. Finding a drink is next to impossible and I need my water and diet coke! When we got to Sports, I wasn't expecting much. We arrived late from the parks expecting to go to luggage services, grab our bags and make the long walk to our room. However, we walked up to luggage services, greeted by one of the best cast members we ever encountered and he asked how he could help. I said we were there to pick up our luggage and gave him our name. He responded "your bags are already in your room." I was pleasantly shocked and told him I thought we had to transport them. He replied "That's how we do it here at All Star Sports." That set the stage to just a wonderful stay. We loved it. The pools are great. You can get a drink or bite to eat close to everything. I don't even know what building we were in, but we walked the football field, past the pool, into our lovely room. I think it was a mile, if not over, from our room at Saratoga to the main building. We are definitely going to be going back to Sports. For that price, we can go more times than staying one time at a deluxe.
Sounds like you hit a Grand Slam at Home Run Hotel!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter