• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Yes,I think that is why Sports feels "quiet"-you are in a no groups "sweet spot".:)

(July is NOT a no goups "sweet spot"!lol)
Oh Geesh! Lol We were here last year for Spring Break and let me assure you that is miserable here. I can handle crowds fine but obnoxious teens away from their parents are the worst! And I say that as a mother of a brand new 13 year old! Lol It has been very nice here the past 4 days. Hate to leave tommorrow night.
28358124802_af8d3bbc05_c.jpg

WEDWDW that does not look like it would be fun......Well you are at Disney so it would be fun...but you know what I mean. lol

when we go to Disney each year...there are always some groups at the different resorts we choose to stay in..last year it was Sports and even though they had cheerleaders from all over the US...they were well behaved and always respectful... only issue was to get to the morning food court for breakfast before they did..other then that we had no issues at all...even in the parks...

we got a discount on our room only for May into June...ten percent is ten percent..love it...we are celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary and yup we got married really really really young (rolling my eyes here) can hardly wait..only made a reservation for dinner on our actual anniversary and one on my actual birthday..we also booked a preferred room ..hopefully in front of the pool and close to food court..got those locations last year too

hello, I have a question please. I'm trying to make ressies online for ASsp, but all it will let me do is one room. It's been quite a few years since I needed two rooms, can you not book two rooms anymore?? Thanks!

hello, I have a question please. I'm trying to make ressies online for ASsp, but all it will let me do is one room. It's been quite a few years since I needed two rooms, can you not book two rooms anymore?? Thanks!
Yes. You should be able to book 2 rooms. Maybe just call directly

My TA insists that the Touchdown buildings are still standard and that only the surf buildings are preferred. Is that true? We really love the Touchdown buildings.

Touchdown buildings are preferred. Requested them for our September trip and when we checked in was told they were preferred.

You cannot book 2 rooms online. You have to call to do that. It's always been that way.

I am headed to Sports on Friday and am finally going to do my online check-in. When y'all say you request a certain section, is that on the online check-in? I have only done it once (usually wait till I get there). I want Home Run building 9, as close to Touchdown building 10 as possible, like y'all have suggested. I just don't know how/where to ask for it? Help???

We will be going to WDW and staying at Sports from 1/21-1/28. We are a family of 7 (3 adults, 4 kids) and on the dining plan. I have never stayed on property before. Can I get some idea of how long it takes to get to the parks from our room? How long do you usually have to wait for the buses? We have PPO ADRs at Epcot and MK and don't really have a clue how early we will need to be at the bus stop. Also, what time does the CS restaurant open in the resort? Are there plenty of snack credits that can serve as a light breakfast there? Sorry for so many questions. I thought I had it all planned out and realized I actually didn't know the logistics of any of this.

Ended up booking ASSP for the Princess Half Marathon weekend. We are coming in on a Friday and leaving early Tuesday morning. I have stayed at Pop, Coronado Springs, and Art of Animation, so we decided to give ASSP a try this time.

We will be going to WDW and staying at Sports from 1/21-1/28. We are a family of 7 (3 adults, 4 kids) and on the dining plan. I have never stayed on property before. Can I get some idea of how long it takes to get to the parks from our room? How long do you usually have to wait for the buses? We have PPO ADRs at Epcot and MK and don't really have a clue how early we will need to be at the bus stop. Also, what time does the CS restaurant open in the resort? Are there plenty of snack credits that can serve as a light breakfast there? Sorry for so many questions. I thought I had it all planned out and realized I actually didn't know the logistics of any of this.

We were there in February and had great luck with the buses all except once to MK in the afternoon and once from DS at night. I'd say from walking out of the room to park entrance was 30-45 minutes. We never waited more than 5 (maybe 10) minutes for a bus (except those two occurrences). We went to alot of EMH mornings, and we left our room about 45 minutes before park opening and always had to wait for the park to open. I'd probably leave the room 1 hour before your reservation to be safe, but that should give you plenty of time.

The food court opened at 6 I think (may have been 7 though). There were things there to grab quickly. To save money, we packed some breakfast bars and just had those for breakfast. We aren't big breakfast eaters, so that worked out great, and it was much cheaper to bring them from home. We just took them out of the box and packed them in our luggage.

Reactions: KTR
I am headed to Sports on Friday and am finally going to do my online check-in. When y'all say you request a certain section, is that on the online check-in? I have only done it once (usually wait till I get there). I want Home Run building 9, as close to Touchdown building 10 as possible, like y'all have suggested. I just don't know how/where to ask for it? Help???

During online check-in, there will be a room request selection option. From the options you can choose "Home Run section" but not a specific building. At this point you can make that online request and see what you're assigned once you arrive. You can still ask for the room assignment to be changed at the check-in desk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter