Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

i'll be at sports this Sunday.

i called reservations tonight and asked them if touchdown is listed as preferred as if it was, I planned to request that building.

CM told me Touchdown is still a preferred building.

So, i put a request in for the baseball buildings.

now i'm totally confused on it all......

I just changed resorts for the first night of my trip because we are arriving so late and I am now booked at Sports. Our flight is due to arrive a little before 11:00 pm and we will be taking the magic express to the resort with carry on bags only. Is there any chance we would make it in time to get our mugs and buy milk from the food court for my little one? I might need it to get her back to sleep. Online it says the food court is open until 12 AM.

I just changed resorts for the first night of my trip because we are arriving so late and I am now booked at Sports. Our flight is due to arrive a little before 11:00 pm and we will be taking the magic express to the resort with carry on bags only. Is there any chance we would make it in time to get our mugs and buy milk from the food court for my little one? I might need it to get her back to sleep. Online it says the food court is open until 12 AM.
Very,very unlikely.

Or, place a small order with a delivery company. Bell services will hold it for you (they even put our drinks in our fridge for us before we got to the room last stay at Pop).

I assume you're not checking bags at all? You could check a bag with shelf stable milk (packed very well), but you'd have to go to the baggage pick up and retrieve it yourself. Makes for a longer night!

No way I'd count on making it by midnight.

Hmmm I guess I'll have to search for something at the airport before taking ME. Thanks for the feedback.
There are Coke machines and snack machines by the elevators at All-Star Sports if that would help any.

The Beverage Island at Sports now stays open 24/7,but you would only have until Midnight to get your Mug.

when i was there october, touchdown was preferred

i'll be back at sports on the 29th, i'll find out then.

did TP say this is a new change for Sports making it no longer a preferred?

It took seven phone calls, but someone finally said "I think I heard something about that."

We've booked a preferred room at Sports for this weekend to confirm. We'll update the maps shortly after that, assuming it's true.

Thanks very much for pointing out this change, everyone.

For others who have had this experience....Curious to know how it went. We are arriving later than we usually do (11 pm ish) We have a preferred room booked. What type of room assignment should we expect? Any ideas?

For others who have had this experience....Curious to know how it went. We are arriving later than we usually do (11 pm ish) We have a preferred room booked. What type of room assignment should we expect? Any ideas?
You will get either Surf's Up! or Touchdown!.

Have you made any specific requests?

I've had excellent results getting my room requests at Sports when arriving both early and late in the day.:)

At sports now

Touchdown is differently preferred
Tried to upgrade yesterday but all of surfs and touchdown sold out

Ended in baseball section

Food court section is open 24/7 for beverage station only
Food section closed at usual time

This section was closed at midnight for about one hour for cleaning. It reopened soon after

Had to use the microwave last night

Was told that beverage section is closed nightly for about one hour for cleaning the entire inside area

You will get either Surf's Up! or Touchdown!.

Have you made any specific requests?

I've had excellent results getting my room requests at Sports when arriving both early and late in the day.:)

Our only request was not to be in a ground floor room.

We were there last week. Initially I was quite bummed that I didn't get my request of the baseball section. My kids love baseball above all sports but I was told that the only way we could have connecting rooms was to be in Hoops section. That was important to us because of the age of our kids. So we ended up on the top floor, the back side of building 2. This felt rather unmagical as we were staring out at a parking lot and it was pretty far out from everything. However, by the end of the trip I came to appreciate our location. I had been warned that the walls are thin and Sports is a very noisy resort. I think the combination of facing out and being on the top floor made for a quiet room. I barely heard any noise at all and we were up all hours of the night with sick kids.

We were there last week. Initially I was quite bummed that I didn't get my request of the baseball section. My kids love baseball above all sports but I was told that the only way we could have connecting rooms was to be in Hoops section. That was important to us because of the age of our kids. So we ended up on the top floor, the back side of building 2. This felt rather unmagical as we were staring out at a parking lot and it was pretty far out from everything. However, by the end of the trip I came to appreciate our location. I had been warned that the walls are thin and Sports is a very noisy resort. I think the combination of facing out and being on the top floor made for a quiet room. I barely heard any noise at all and we were up all hours of the night with sick kids.
Glad you enjoyed your room location. Sorry you had some sick kids. Hope you still got to enjoy some of the trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter