Disneyland

LILOLO

I'm a little off.
Hi all, I'm going to be going to Disneyland for the first time next month, and I need a crash course! I feel like I know WDW inside and out, and this is such a weird feeling, not knowing anything about Disneyland! Anyone have any important tips or know of any sites escpecially geared towards Disneyland? TIA :goodvibes

Hi all, I'm going to be going to Disneyland for the first time next month, and I need a crash course! I feel like I know WDW inside and out, and this is such a weird feeling, not knowing anything about Disneyland! Anyone have any important tips or know of any sites escpecially geared towards Disneyland? TIA :goodvibes

You might have better luck on the Disneyland forum.

When you get there, go to the stickey's and look for Hydroguy's posts. He has a great thread on WDW veterans at DL.

Like the other poster said....scroll down to the Disneyland area and you will find a wealth of knowledge. If you want to see pictures you can go to the community area and see the picture of the day. Disneyland is awesome and you won't be disappointed. When are you thinking about going? Little Mermaid, Star Tours 2.0, and the new parade are all set to debut in late spring early summer.

1. You will get lost! A lot of attractions with the same name are at different locations.

2. A lot of the attractions are different. For example, Space Mountain only has one track and side-by-side seating. Splash Mountain has single seating. Teacups are not covered.

3. When you get onto Main Street, your first reaction will be "Where is the Castle"? Sleeping Beauty Castle is 75 feet tall while Cinderella Castle is 189 feet, a factor of 2.52.

Get thee to the library! Look for the unofficial guide to Disneyland. I used it a few years ago for my trip. It was very helpful. I used the touring plans in the back to help me plan what attractions to see when.

Disneyland's MK is much smaller than WDW's. It felt weird to cross the park in just a few minutes.

Have fun!

1. DL and WDW are the same but different. A lot of the rides have the same name and you will notice a difference. The park is a little different just pay close attention to your park map.

2. DCA is a conglomeration of AK, DHS and EPCOT attractions with a few added areas/rides.

3. They do offer tours which DW and I enjoyed. I think they only book them 30 days out unless that has changed.

4. If you are going during the week you should not have much of a wait.

Have a great time and really look around.

Dan

ask for a tender ride on the train - and ask for a Death certificate at the Haunted Mansion

Thank you all soooo much! I think we are going to go in April, just for a Disney fix. I live in AZ, so its alot more convenient, we can drive there in 6 hours. I've always avoided DL b/c anytime we had $ for a trip, I said why not save a lil more and go to WDW since it's what I know and love. But since we cant take a full week off, we are going to try DL for a long weekend, and even though I've always had my doubts, I'm actually so excited since it'll be new to me! Thanks everyone! I'll check out the DL forum.

Pirates of the Caribbean is better at Disneyland. Do NOT miss Indiana Jones ride - better than anything at any Disneyworld park. Matterhorn is an ok ride only.

We went to Disneyland for the first time this past summer and loved it! I love how the parks are within easy walking distance of each other (the entrances are across from each other) and even Downtown Disney is easy to walk to. We walked from our hotel each day too (Candy Cane Inn), right down the street.

When planning my DLR trip, I mostly used the Disneyland forum right here on the DISboards. http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26

I just read yesterday that touringplans has just added coverage of Disneyland. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but I probably will for the next trip we make. http://touringplans.com/disneyland You have to subscribe (small charge) to see some of the information, but you can get a discount if you sign up for the allears.net newsletter.

Usually when we go to DL we stay at my in-laws, but on a few occasions we have used Priceline and got good if not excellent rooms for around $35-$39 a night. Both parks are good...DL is much more crowded than CA. CA has World of Color which was nice to see...I don't know if they still do fastpasses for that now, but when we saw it, the only way you could was with a fastpass. Also TSM is in CA and doesn't have fastpasses.

the Indiana Jones ride is simply AMAZING :thumbsup2
Also, absolutely adore the New Orleans Square, along with the theming outside Haunted Mansion.

Try to eat a Blue Bayou, if not simply for the theming. Think the indoor Mexico pavilion restaurant at epcot (name escapes me)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter