Disneyland Secrets

OH VERY COOL! Very cool my husband will love those! :thumbsup2 Anymore friends...:goodvibes

I've said this a few times, but I enjoy sharing it :goodvibes :wizard:

If you look at every machine in Cars Land, they have foot pedals, e.g. the gas dispensers at Flo's, the garage doors in Luigi's shop, the curtains that frame the whitewall tires in Luigi's as well, etc. Everything has a footpedal, because Cars don't have hands, they operate things with their tires. This is true in the Cars movies and shorts, and this detail has been preserved and replicated in Cars Land.

EDIT: Don't miss Cars Land lighting either! Happens just after sundown, so whatever day you're there, Google sundown for that day in Anaheim and then arrive in Cars Land about 15 min before that time (it's really easy to miss). They play "Sh-Boom" and light the neon just like they do in the movie Cars 1.

californiamomof4grls said:
... now that Carsland and the new Buena Vista Street has been open awhile does anyone know any cool trivia or secrets about it? :goodvibes

PoohBearFriends said:
Any others in the new parts of DCA? So fun!

californiamomof4grls said:
...Anymore friends...:goodvibes

There is an entire thread dedicated to little treasures found throughout Cars Land Each of you may want to check it out. Here's the link. http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2981988

- Dreams

Bumping to share a secret -- at least it was secret to me! In the line for TSMM there is an enormous Mr Potato Head that is animatronic. Well, we had no idea that it would actually interact with people in the line! Imagine out surprise when it called my husband out by describing the clothes he was wearing and told him to get rid of the horrible hat he was wearing! We totally cracked up because that hat has been the subject of many a "discussion" over the years, so this was a pretty funny way for us to learn about the interactive quality of Mr Potato Head.

kangamama said:
Bumping to share a secret -- at least it was secret to me! In the line for TSMM there is an enormous Mr Potato Head that is animatronic. Well, we had no idea that it would actually interact with people in the line! Imagine out surprise when it called my husband out by describing the clothes he was wearing and told him to get rid of the horrible hat he was wearing! We totally cracked up because that hat has been the subject of many a "discussion" over the years, so this was a pretty funny way for us to learn about the interactive quality of Mr Potato Head.

I have heard the same is true for Roz (is that her name?) at the end of the Monster's Inc. ride. She interacts with people.

sophies*mom said:
I have heard the same is true for Roz (is that her name?) at the end of the Monster's Inc. ride. She interacts with people.

Yep, she does that too. She called out my oldest daughter, talking about "the girl in the pink shirt and black hat..." My daughter still talks about how Roz talked to her two years later. She was called out by Crush the same day. She loved it!

Haven't read through all the posts yet so forgive me if this has been said.

The side closest to fantasyland on the Matterhorn is .3 seconds longer than the other

True. My sister rode recently with her two sons and their three cousins, and Roz said "You're not allowed to smuggle little monsters!".

True. My sister rode recently with her two sons and their three cousins, and Roz said "You're not allowed to smuggle little monsters!".

I rode with my husband, and Roz told me I needed to watch him because he was "making eyes" at her. I know she's his type.::yes::

sophies*mom said:

Roz asked me if I wanted to swap glasses with her, I politely declined. She has a very different style than me haha

I believe that both Roz and Mr Potato Head have 2 settings- one where they say generic things on 'autopilot' and one where they are staffed by an unseen CM who interacts with the 'audience'.

We too have received an, uh, compliment from Roz.... Mr. P has been on auto mode most of the times we've seen him lately.

Roz singled me out both times we rode...once about my curly hair and another time about my Duffy ears.

Mr. Potato Head most DEFINITELY called me out when we were standing in line for TSMM. I was wearing a pink shirt that day and he said "yeah, you there, in the pink shirt". I was shocked because I thought the whole thing was automated.

Mr. Potato Head most DEFINITELY called me out when we were standing in line for TSMM. I was wearing a pink shirt that day and he said "yeah, you there, in the pink shirt". I was shocked because I thought the whole thing was automated.

We've been called out too. Reason being our kids were listening to him better than they were listening to us!!!! :rotfl: We couldn't help but laugh about it.

We've also been called out by Roz by saying we had some cute monsters and they weren't allowed to leave. I countered saying she could keep them and the response was "No thank you" :confused3 :rotfl:

ladylyons said:
We've also been called out by Roz by saying we had some cute monsters and they weren't allowed to leave. I countered saying she could keep them and the response was "No thank you" :confused3 :rotfl:

The last two times we've been, my girls have been together in the front seat of Monsters, Inc and Roz says something like 'Little girl, is that your brother?' They're never sure who she is talking to or why she says that since they are both girls with long hair, wearing dresses!

We had 2 rides where what she said was very accurate. Like "little boy in the back, cool sunglasses and little girl in the front, nice ears". Both rides she was spot on at their accessories.

The last two times we've been, my girls have been together in the front seat of Monsters, Inc and Roz says something like 'Little girl, is that your brother?' They're never sure who she is talking to or why she says that since they are both girls with long hair, wearing dresses!

That's hilarious!!! I'd probably be a smart aleck and say something back to her like "No that's my sister!! Time to change your prescription on your glasses!!!" I wonder how much they can really see in the car though to what everyone is wearing since they can probably only see from the chest up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter