Disneyland resort 2020 Moonlight Magic

disland7

Mouseketeer
DVC Gold
Anyway to predict next year’s dates for moonlight magic? (I know it’s just educated shots in the dark) I think the last 2 years they have been in January. That makes it impossible to try to get a reservation at the VGC haha

History, thus far:
  • 2019: Disneyland, January
  • 2018: Disney's California Adventure, November
  • 2017: Disneyland, November
  • 2016: Disney's California Adventure, November
Thus, I predict that 2020 will in November at DCA.

When it comes to enter the Moonlight Magic Events, is it 1 entry into the que per contract? Or does having multiple Blue Cards from the same contract help with anything?

When it comes to enter the Moonlight Magic Events, is it 1 entry into the que per contract? Or does having multiple Blue Cards from the same contract help with anything?

Multiple blue cards for the same membership does not grant any additional admissions for a MM event. If you make a reservation under your name with your 12 digit membership number, and then someone else (like your spouse) makes another reservation using the same membership number, it will overwrite the first.

From the 2019 event details:
A Member can register themselves and up to 3 additional guests per Membership (for total of 4)—or up to the number of guests on his or her Resort reservation

Last edited:

Multiple blue cards for the same membership does not grant any additional admissions for a MM event. If you make a reservation under your name with your 12 digit membership number, and then someone else (like your spouse) makes another reservation using the same membership number, it will overwrite the first.

From the 2019 event details:
A Member can register themselves and up to 3 additional guests per Membership (for total of 4)—or up to the number of guests on his or her Resort reservation

OTOH, if you have 2 memberships (contracts with different UY, for instance), you could register up to the limit for each membership.

Guest registration limits have nothing to do with entering the queue, though. Many have reported logging in on more than one device (registering on whichever gets to the registration page first).

Does anyone know when they typically release the ones for WDW? I am hoping one of my many trips in 2020 will catch one!!

I just got an email for California adventure for nov, 2019, im going! Three days b4 being in WDW, that was close.

I wonder if they'll do another one in the fall of 2020, since we're getting two in 2019. November 14th is literally the last day on our APs, so now I'm trying to figure out if we want to try for tickets and do one last trip!

Moonlight Magic returns
The nighttime celebration is coming back to the West Coast this November for more magical Member fun! And stay tuned—the 2020 schedule is coming soon.
Awesome thank you!

WHOA!! Thanks to many of you for posting the new date!! Wowza, I'm surprised and thrilled.

GOOD LUCK to each of us in registration!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!