Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Violation of HIPAA. I just don’t see it happening, especially when the parks opened without it.

We have already gone over this numerous times. It is absolutely NOT a violation of HIPAA. Not in the slightest. And, the parks opened without the requirement, but WITH lots of other restrictions. Drop the restrictions = change the requirements for entry.

Have you looked for appointments? My 15 year old goes tomorrow for shot #1. He will be fully vaxxed by June 19. Appointments seem to be readily available at pharmacies all over the country right now.

My son goes tomorrow- he's so excited. I stalked the county website for an appointment like I was trying to get a Rise of the Resistance boarding group.

I think the biggest thing to keep an eye is they don't make those under 12 provide a negative covid test. That was happening for baseball games, right?

My son goes tomorrow- he's so excited. I stalked the county website for an appointment like I was trying to get a Rise of the Resistance boarding group.

I think the biggest thing to keep an eye is they don't make those under 12 provide a negative covid test. That was happening for baseball games, right?

It is happening for baseball games in some places, yes. But those are "closed" spaces, so to speak, with more people in close proximity for an extended time.

I don't think they will require negative tests at the parks for under 12. That would be overkill. They MIGHT make kids keep wearing masks, though. I guess we will see.

I'm all for this but not sure how it will work. What about under 12? What about 12-15 years that won't have time to be fully vaccinated by June 15? What about those that medically can't take the vaccine?
My 14 year old got his first shot yesterday, second one scheduled for 6/4. Totally possible, especially with all the vaccination sites they're hosting at schools around California.

Have you looked for appointments? My 15 year old goes tomorrow for shot #1. He will be fully vaxxed by June 19. Appointments seem to be readily available at pharmacies all over the country right now.

To get him fully vaxxed in time for DL, his second shot would end up in the middle of our other trip. Or I could try to do it today and his second would be day before we leave. Then I'm worried about him feeling sick while we're driving. It's just not ideal with our plans and I'm not sure I want to do it for something that might or might not happen.

In San Diego County, they have walk-in clinics all over. No appointment necessary. Two of my friends’ kids got their jabs the moment it was allowed on Thursday (or was it Wed, I can’t remember). My 12 year old has an appointment next Thursday. We have to take her somewhere she is familiar with, or else she passes out. Darn white coat syndrome. Luckily, we will be at DLR 6/4-5 before the speculated new requirement comes to pass.

To get him fully vaxxed in time for DL, his second shot would end up in the middle of our other trip. Or I could try to do it today and his second would be day before we leave. Then I'm worried about him feeling sick while we're driving. It's just not ideal with our plans and I'm not sure I want to do it for something that might or might not happen.

Most supermarket pharmacies have walk in availablity. Check your local ones today. Usually they do walk ins from 11-4pm.

Your child won't feel sick the day after the second pfizer shot, most likely. My 16 year old felt fine, as did me and my husband. If you're driving anyway, he can rest if he's not feeling great.

I wouldn't expect Disney to have any leeway if the state makes this a rule as of June 16.

If it makes you feel any better, the studies show the 12-15 age group have a much lower incidence of side effects from the vaccine.

They are going to require vaccines for 12+ so that they can DROP the masks and distancing requirments entirely and go back to 100% capacity.

I told you things were going to change drastically for theme parks after June 15...

I don’t see how this works though. Even if a 12-15 yr old got their first dose on Wed, which was the first day, none will be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past 2 dose) on June 15th. The earliest would be the 16th.

And then what about people like my family who are there from the 12-16th - do we get grandfathered in? My two in the 12-15 yr old range are getting their first dose today. They won’t be fully vaccinated until the 18th.
Violation of HIPAA. I just don’t see it happening, especially when the parks opened without it.
No it’s not. It’s important to understand what HIPAA actually covers.

I don’t see how this works though. Even if a 12-15 yr old got their first dose on Wed, which was the first day, none will be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past 2 dose) on June 15th. The earliest would be the 16th.

And then what about people like my family who are there from the 12-16th - do we get grandfathered in? My two in the 12-15 yr old range are getting their first dose today. They won’t be fully vaccinated until the 18th.

No it’s not. It’s important to understand what HIPAA actually covers.

If the state makes it a rule, there won't be much Disney can do. Maybe the rule will be "vaccinations required if you want to drop masking and distancing" and then Disney might get some extra time, but we have all seen by now that the rules will be what they will be, and if this indeed becomes state law on June 16, there won't be whole lot Disney will be able to do. You will likely need to change your plans, as will a whole lot of people, unless the state gives a grace period for kids 12-15. Maybe it will be 16+ has to show proof starting June 16, and 12-15 can come a few weeks later.

They may let the policy have a two week phase-in period. Or they may just go with the “it doesn’t make sense and life isn’t fair” way of doing things that they’ve done for the last year. If it’s a CDPH guideline, Disney’s hands will be tied and will not be able to accommodate unvaccinated 12+ people starting 6/15.

They may let the policy have a two week phase-in period. Or they may just go with the “it doesn’t make sense and life isn’t fair” way of doing things that they’ve done for the last year. If it’s a CDPH guideline, Disney’s hands will be tied and will not be able to accommodate unvaccinated 12+ people starting 6/15.

I, unfortunately, see it going the second way. Although I would hope the state would realize how hard it will be for 12-15 to universally be fully vaxxed by June 16, and create some leeway there.

If the state makes it a rule, there won't be much Disney can do. Maybe the rule will be "vaccinations required if you want to drop masking and distancing" and then Disney might get some extra time, but we have all seen by now that the rules will be what they will be, and if this indeed becomes state law on June 16, there won't be whole lot Disney will be able to do. You will likely need to change your plans, as will a whole lot of people, unless the state gives a grace period for kids 12-15. Maybe it will be 16+ has to show proof starting June 16, and 12-15 can come a few weeks later.
I’m sure there is a way Disney can keep capacity & masks past the 15th and not require the vaccination. Once they want to drop masks/capacity, then they would have to require it. I don’t see the state forcing it on the 15th if a private business doesn’t want to do it.

I don’t see Disney, nor the state, forcing that no child under the age of 16 can go, which is exactly what this would do. I can see them making an announcement for a further date where it will be required, but with enough notice for people to actually get fully vaccinated.

Just my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter