Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

I hope that they can turn a profit if they open with the rumored guidelines. Yellow tier is a very difficult thing to achieve and hold - especially if they are allowing 120 mile radius for visitors. The neighboring 120 mile counties will have a difficult time getting to and keeping yellow status. This almost sounds like a deliberate fail. Make guidelines that aren't really possible and then pat yourself on the back for making the guidelines and acting like you did your job.

Regardless of whatever the new dumb guidelines are, I hope that the theme parks can figure out a way to open, be profitable and bring people back to work immediately.

So can we unwarn/unban people who were warned/banned last night for discussing circumventing the (fairly wild) twitter rumor?
I'm not sure what you are asking. If you have a question about an admin decision, you can ask in a PM. If someone repeatedly broke a guideline, they received consequences for that. Discussing a rumor was not the problem. Breaking a DIS rule was the problem. And I explained that rule to you in an earlier post.

IMake guidelines that aren't really possible and then pat yourself on the back for making the guidelines and acting like you did your job.
Technically they did do their job. They put together guidance that they feel is safe for the residents of the state. We don’t have to like them or agree with them but that is the job.

This almost sounds like a deliberate fail. Make guidelines that aren't really possible and then pat yourself on the back for making the guidelines and acting like you did your job.

Regardless of whatever the new dumb guidelines are, I hope that the theme parks can figure out a way to open, be profitable and bring people back to work immediately.

I agree 100%. If these are the guidelines then what a joke. And feels like a deliberate way to just put more roadblocks in front of their way.

I'd rather see them restrict the distance a lot more and open sooner. For example, let orange county residents go to the orange county theme parks if they are in the orange tier and then open up for the 120 miles when they hit yellow tier.

I hope Knott's has been profitable. Perhaps they can continue with their dining events with a thanksgiving theme and then a holiday theme - valentine theme...... anything to keep people working.

What’s the absolute earliest date that all surrounding counties can get to yellow? I forgot my color coding timeline
I think it would be 6 weeks. Orange county is red. If they meet the orange guidelines for 3 weeks, they will move to orange. After that, if they meet yellow guidelines for 3 weeks, they will move to yellow. At least that is how I am reading the charts.

I don't understand the distance thing since I was able to go to the San Diego Zoo with no problem at all. Airports in my area have started offering rapid test and Hawaii is asking for prove of a negative test within 72 hours of travel. Couldn't that just be the guadience? I am wishing I just asked for the refund at this point. I have cancelled my trip 3 times already and now it looks like a 4th time. Telling a 4 year old that he can't go again is devastating. We will take him to Disney World in February

Regarding the rumor thing...I'm not someone who starts rumors BUT if I was and wanted my rumor to be spread like wildfire I would put what I wanted to be spread the most toward the end of my rumor. That would be the last thing people would remember. If this rumor is fake, which to me is starting to look more fake by the minute, then we have all been duped. I stepped back and examined the whole thing and the distance thing is just starting to sound silly. It doesn't fit. I know California is making some interesting decisions about things but I don't think this would ever fly legally. I'm just going to choose to throw this one in the garbage heap in Rumorville.

Last edited:
And just trying to look on the bright side. Remember there have been changes to guidance of when things can reopen. Think nail salons. Before they couldn’t be open statewide in purple. Now they are allowed in purple statewide (with county approval). SO, maybe if the guidelines aren’t what theme parks hope for they push and can get them changed to a different tier!

Has anyone gotten the weekly Thursday cancellation email from Disney yet? The last couple of weeks they have gone out early and blogs have had Twitter posts by now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter