Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

FreshBaked just released a video on the rumored rules. If this is true, anyone flying in is out... I just don't see why they would open under conditions like this, they would loose all the profit they are making on the hotel stays, and no hotels would really even need to open with that distance.

Has anyone had luck on getting a refund through Disneyland on park tickets that were bought 3rd party with reward points?

with the rumoured residency requirements we won’t be able to travel now and will have to cancel.

id like to try and get a Disney gift card for the value of my tickets so that I could use it towards disneyworld. Think this is possible?
I would wait for official rules to be published before making any decisions!

So yet another rumor that hasn’t panned out.

I'm not sure if it was ever meant to be a today thing - the person I follow for my rumors is Carlye and while she said they were potentially going to have guidelines submitted today, I don't think the implication then was that DL was then going to announce something this morning in response.

Fingers crossed this happens in the next day or two

I would wait for official rules to be published before making any decisions!

And we’ve seen so many rumors throughout all of this. So I’m trying to tell myself to chill and just wait to see what happens. But there’s definitely a new layer of anxiety now that I’m starting to question if it’s worth it.

To WDW or not to WDW... that is the question 😂

I'm not sure if it was ever meant to be a today thing - the person I follow for my rumors is Carlye and while she said they were potentially going to have guidelines submitted today, I don't think the implication then was that DL was then going to announce something this morning in response.

People here are following Carlye, too (see page 310!) -- they were waiting for the governor's office to release the guidelines, not DLR. The assumption was that the guidelines would be released very quietly, much like the guidelines for community playgrounds, e.g. no fanfare, no press conference.

So according to FB, the distance requirement is 120 miles. I’m only 32 :-). However, I’ll be NYC bound in about two weeks. After all this, I hope that DL doesn’t open while I’m away. I’d really like to be there for opening day. I’m back in LA on Oct 24.

The rumor was the state would release the guidance last night. As of now they are not released.
From the rumors of these guidance Disney has nothing TO announce. Getting to YELLOW is going to be a long difficult road.

The rumor was the state would release the guidance last night. As of now they are not released.
From the rumors of these guidance Disney has nothing TO announce. Getting to YELLOW is going to be a long difficult road. But as of right now the guidance has not been released.
It said it may get released. Not it will. So let’s hope for a Friday-eve announcement/quiet update. 🤞🏾🤞🏾

So according to FB, the distance requirement is 120 miles. I’m only 32 :-). However, I’ll be NYC bound in about two weeks. After all this, I hope that DL doesn’t open while I’m away. I’d really like to be there for opening day. I’m back in LA on Oct 24.
Can you post that link? Thanks!

So I have to wonder if Disney or other theme parks will be given a chance to discuss these guidelines before they are posted. Again with rumors you would have to think that if Disney knew this they would have started cancelling hotel stays thought a minimum of next week and 3 more weeks due to the tiers, why string people on.

So are we taking that Yellow tier needs to be met in order to reopen or just for opening to beyond locals???? Or nobody really knows

Per FreshBaked's video I posted, you would need to be yellow to even be allowed to open. No information on when the distance will be expanded. I think the plan is set a color, make people aim for it, get people parks info to stop the hate online.

if Disney knew this they would have started cancelling hotel stays thought a minimum of next week and 3 more weeks due to the tiers, why string people on.
I’ve been saying that from the beginning. Just seems cruel almost to keep pushing reservations out a few weeks at a time with no real indication that they can reopen.

People here are following Carlye, too (see page 310!) -- they were waiting for the governor's office to release the guidelines, not DLR. The assumption was that the guidelines would be released very quietly, much like the guidelines for community playgrounds, e.g. no fanfare, no press conference.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I wasn't attempting to suggest that DLR would be releasing anything. I was stating that even if guidelines were submitted by Newsum last night that then did not mean we would have information (either that be from Newsum or DLR) by this morning.

A lot of the immediate reaction to the lack of news is that the rumor was then false, but my assumption is that even if DLR have the information in hand that wouldn't then imply that they were going to turn around and announce something today.

The policy is pretty simple: do not post about how to get around/circumvent/cheat/break/etc. Disney's official rules and regulations here, no matter where you found the information. The DIS does not condone or support any violation of Disney policy.
If you are not sure whether your post will be allowed, check with a mod first, just to be safe.
Why are you so certain about the rumored distance restrictions? Nothing has been said officially about that -- as you said, it is just a rumor right now. Have you tried contacting Disney to ask about your issue? The wait times on the phone have been much shorter lately.

So can we unwarn/unban people who were warned/banned last night for discussing circumventing the (fairly wild) twitter rumor?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter