Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

I totally agree but don't forget just like distance learning, not everyone has wifi or a computer. So there's that. They could always set up stuff in the convention area of DLR hotels.
Employment isn't like public schools, so I doubt they have to make that accommodation, but probably will help their workers. Most people have smart phones and lot of online training can be performed through smart phones.

My guesses here. 2 weeks notice for returning employees. One to two weeks to train/retrain. One week of cast/AP preview. So if the okay is given this week and Disney doesn’t have to make any further modification we are looking at the weekend before or Halloween weekend for opening.

Regarding just the safety procedures training, I'm pretty sure something like that can be done using a video or online lesson CMs can access from home and do prior to returning. I mean, if it's good enough for kids to learn this way at home now, it should be good enough for Disneyland CMs.

The ride specific training they obviously need to be on site for.

ETA: My kids are returning to school on Thursday and they have an online video and "quiz" they have to pass before they can come back.
Yes and WDW had them do that, however it can only be done after returning and on company time. IDK if they did it onsite or at home.

https://www.micechat.com/270828-disneyland-update-how-soon-is-very-very-soon/Mice chat:

“Since then, we have received word from reliable sources that an agreement has been reached between theme park operators and the state. The state should be set to release guidance early this week. We expect Disney to act swiftly and there are many indications that they are already ramping up their reopening procedures.”

I will note that Gov Newsom is talking today and Disney parks are holding a press event tomorrow. there are so many rumblings around here thatI’m sure it’s crazy juggling all of these; however, we can say for sure there is a lot of activity and buzzing that it sure feels like something is happening

Fingers crossed, everyone...

We were meant to fly to Disneyland on March 19th of this year. It would be the first time for my wife and 3 kids, I have been there twice, in 1998 and 2007. Exactly one week before (March 12th), the park announced it was closing.

I don't think we will be going until the Summer of next year (last week before Labour day, I heard it's not that busy anymore compared to earlier in the summer( but keep following the rumours here.

Is it true (pre-Covid, of course)?

Thanks...

I don't think we will be going until the Summer of next year (last week before Labour day, I heard it's not that busy anymore compared to earlier in the summer( but keep following the rumours here.

Is it true (pre-Covid, of course)?
Again, all bets are off these days, but I would say that in previous years your best bets were to see when the less expensive annual passes were still blacked out and go the week before they are valid again. (Like 3rd week of August.) But yea, early September is usually decent crowd levels.

You also need to recalibrate what crowded is, because it’s never really “low crowd” with the exception of June of last year and galaxy’s edge anomaly.

I thought Newsom was going to announce with Josh D'amaro. I feel like it would be weird for him to announce theme park guidelines on his Covid and fires update, but honestly who knows! At least there's a Disney press conference tomorrow that may bring good news!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter