Disneyland Paris Half Marathon Weekend 2022

CassieRuns

Mouseketeer
Hey guys! Sorry if there is already a thread (I can't find anything via the search bar) but does anybody know and/or have heard when they will start selling hotel/bib packages for the 2022 Disneyland Paris Half Marathon Weekend? There are great deals on hotel packages via DLP so I want to reserve a room but I'm not sure which weekend it will be. Based on history my guess would be September 24th, 2022 weekend?

There isn’t a thread yet for DLP 2022. If runDisney brings the race weekend back with no changes that would be the logical weekend based on past dates, with packages on sale in first quarter 2022 and bib only in second quarter. However, with two years of no races and the almost complete silence on both the race FB and Twitter pages it is always possible the race weekend could be moved or completely scrapped. With as fast as the world health situation keeps changing my very uneducated guess is that no announcement about DLP will be made until early 2022.

Welp...I thought I'd check in on the board to see if there's any updates on this event. I too, am trying to get some early planning started.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread as well. A couple of friends of mine were originally going to do a girls trip to do this race weekend and then a week in Paris. In 2020.

I hope it hasn't been cancelled. I specifically signed up for the January half in 2020 to do the C2C, then it was cancelled. I am trying it again this year and will be disappointed if it doesn't happen again. I found the race difficult (i like my 10k better) and am ONLY doing this for the C2C.

I hope it hasn't been cancelled. I specifically signed up for the January half in 2020 to do the C2C, then it was cancelled. I am trying it again this year and will be disappointed if it doesn't happen again. I found the race difficult (i like my 10k better) and am ONLY doing this for the C2C.
It hasn't been, at least yet. It's definitely harder to predict what will happen for a race abroad though. The good news is that they did hold the Paris Marathon this year (delayed from Spring to Fall) and registration is open for the 2022 event, so the country has enough trust in their system to move forward with one of its biggest races.

TBH, I would not be too optimistic about any European runDisney Race in 2022.

Cases in Europe going up again, because of Omicron and they say it might just get even worse. Today, organizers postponed another famous Race in the Netherlands from March to May.

As much as I would love to see the European runDisney Races are going to return, as much my fear is, we have to wait until 2023 or later. With all those restrictions going on right now in France, it is hard to believe, runDisney Europe is planning a RaceWeekend for 2022.

My personal bet is, we are rather going to see Coast2Coast back in the game, then a Castle2Chateau Challenge.

These are news from February 2021, a lot happened since then. Found this also on that site, you linked above. Translated via Google Translate:
Dutch said:
In 2022 organiseert runDisney twee edities van het evenement: de reguliere runDisney in het najaar en de nieuwe Princess Run in het voorjaar. Exacte data worden later in 2021 bekend gemaakt. De edities in 2020 en 2021 zijn geannuleerd vanwege de coronacrisis.

Google Translate said:
In 2022, runDisney will host two editions of the event: the regular runDisney in the fall and the new Princess Run in the spring. Exact dates will be announced later in 2021. The 2020 and 2021 editions have been canceled due to the corona crisis.

I am sorry, but I cannot believe, they come around the next days and present two RaceWeekends!

Considering the 22-23 “season”is just the four Florida races looks like at the earliest Paris will return if it does will be to launch the 23-24 season with it

TBH, I would not be too optimistic about any European runDisney Race in 2022.

Cases in Europe going up again, because of Omicron and they say it might just get even worse. Today, organizers postponed another famous Race in the Netherlands from March to May.

As much as I would love to see the European runDisney Races are going to return, as much my fear is, we have to wait until 2023 or later. With all those restrictions going on right now in France, it is hard to believe, runDisney Europe is planning a RaceWeekend for 2022.

My personal bet is, we are rather going to see Coast2Coast back in the game, then a Castle2Chateau Challenge.

What other European runDisney events are there besides DLP?

The UK based TA that sells the DLP weekend packages has the race weekend on its website. I'm doing Dopey next month and hoping the race in Paris will be held (for the C2C medal)!

Sportstoursinternational dot co dot uk. They're usually at the expo as well, so I assume they are an official TA for RunDisney Paris.
Dates & Prices everything is TBC on their site as well. Sorry to say this, but they know exactly as much as we all know about the DLP Run Weekend, nothing!

Sportstoursinternational dot co dot uk. They're usually at the expo as well, so I assume they are an official TA for RunDisney Paris.
I hope the race in Paris is on this year. This is the 2nd time I am trying for C2C, since the 2020 race was cancelled.

Originally the Princess run in Paris in May 2020 was only a 5 and an 8k run, more aimed at families from Europe. But even before covid there wasnt much buzz about it. It was the last weekend of the May break in Europe, so the hotels were crazy expensive.

If they will do it again in Spring, before or after the May break makes more sense, because then you want to fill up your hotels. During school holidays you don't need that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter