DisneyLAND marathon 2006

So, those emails with the "secret" link to a site for early registration for the DL half marathon are supposed to come out tomorrow... anyone willing to post the URL to this thread when they get it? I wouldn't want to break any rules, but bending them a little might be all right. ;)

Otherwise, I'll definitely be on the registration site bright and early on October 15th for the regular registration - I've decided I'm going to do it, hopefully running the entire thing! Thank goodness I have a year to train... :p

I think I have talked DH into registering for this, and then we'll just hope that our work schedules permit us to make the trip. I'd love to say that after walking/finishing the 2006 WDW 1/2, that my goal would be to jog the Disneyland 1/2, but I will hold off on any grand gestures yet! ;)

Whine- I don't like this thread!!!

Okay, my dilemma is that the race falls 1 week after Ironman Wisconsin(marathon with a 2.4 mile swim/112 mile bike warm up) AND after I start clinical rotations. It's probably bad enough that I'm signed up to do an Ironman during my first clinical block, but now I'm trying to figure out how to do the DL Half too? The only way I could do it is if I take my elective block the first block but then I couldn't use that elective block to do a showcase rotation at a hospital I might want to go to for residency. See, I shouldn't even be considering it at all.

Team Canada-ON reps, glad to hear about Susan doing OK. I hadn't seen an update in while and had wondered. Have a good time at the World.

I'm registered! Thanks to a lovely DISer :goodvibes who shared the "early" link with me, I'm actually officially crazy enough to run 13.1 miles in Anaheim next September... and suddenly nervous. :upsidedow

So, who's going to be joining me? Only 11.5 months to go... :teeth:

xterratri said:
Whine- I don't like this thread!!!

Okay, my dilemma is that the race falls 1 week after Ironman Wisconsin(marathon with a 2.4 mile swim/112 mile bike warm up) AND after I start clinical rotations. It's probably bad enough that I'm signed up to do an Ironman during my first clinical block, but now I'm trying to figure out how to do the DL Half too? The only way I could do it is if I take my elective block the first block but then I couldn't use that elective block to do a showcase rotation at a hospital I might want to go to for residency. See, I shouldn't even be considering it at all.

Decisions, decisions...looks like you've got some tough choices here. Maybe you should consider doing your residency out here at CHOC! :rolleyes1 It's a stones throw away from DL!

I'm considering doing the LA Tri next year which is also in September. Boy, I hope those dates don't conflict!

I'm registered! I could not resist a shot at another Disney medal. ;) The half should be a good warm-up to my first attempt at a full marathon at WDW in January 2007!

Come on Team Canada! We need you! :cheer2:

Any of you original WISH walkers (or anyone else) interested in doing the 10K next October in WDW???

I MISS YOU ALL!

Hi Karen!
I think the temps would be too high for me to do a 10K in October, but if the medal is cool enough............

Are we crazy to even consider doing this again?!?!?!?

geetey said:
Hi Karen!
I think the temps would be too high for me to do a 10K in October, but if the medal is cool enough............

Are we crazy to even consider doing this again?!?!?!?

ABSOLUTELY... especially because it IS warmer in October. But early mornigns aren't bad- and it's onjly about 5 miles- I think we can do it Geetey! Come on..... let's so this! I'll bet Team Canada would join us!?!?!?!?

I don't think there is a medal?!?!?!:( Does anyone know?

NO WAY!!!

That is awesome!!!

Registration opens October 15th....hmmm, something to train for so I won't have post marathon let down after Disney. :)

Okay--where's the super secret early link???

And there is a medal--a castle one:

Commemorative Inaugural Disneyland® Half Marathon Castle Finisher Medal

sorry, no picture :(

karebear1 said:
The castle emdal is for the 10K???
No, I believe the Caste medal that Lisa mentioned is for the Disneyland Half. According to the event info page for Disney's Race for the Taste 10K (taking place this Sunday 10/9), registration includes a "commemorative gift", but doesn't specifically mention a medal. Too bad - but it still sounds like a fun race. Too bad FL is a bit of a jaunt from CA just for a 10K, or I would totally be there. ;)

Both FL and CA are "a bit of a jaunt" for me ... but I'd love to do both! I keep hoping for those lotto numbers to come up! This would be a great time in my life to be independantly wealthy! :rotfl2:

Trust me ... Team Canada really, really wants to be there!!!

MaryLiz

Holy cow! Are you kidding me?!? A CASTLE medal??? Now I have to sign up!! How can I pass up a CASTLE medal?

Forget that 10K, Karen, let's go for the Castle Medal! Isn't DL closer for you?

AprilN said:
No, I believe the Caste medal that Lisa mentioned is for the Disneyland Half. According to the event info page for Disney's Race for the Taste 10K (taking place this Sunday 10/9), registration includes a "commemorative gift", but doesn't specifically mention a medal. Too bad - but it still sounds like a fun race. Too bad FL is a bit of a jaunt from CA just for a 10K, or I would totally be there. ;)

DH and I are doing the 10K this weekend. It was funny when we signed up that it didn't ask for a shirt size. We went over for the traithlon expo last weekend, and talked to the Disney rep at their table. I asked them about it, and she kind of back-tracked a bit, then said we were getting a "surprise" and that we would really like it. :confused3 Anyway, we saw the medals - they are gold, silver, and bronze, with "Disney 10K Race for the Taste", so we are assuming not everyone gets a medal. I'm sooooo curious about the surprise, though!!! :banana: I'll let you all know!!!

DL half would be absolutely amazing!!!! I grew up next to WDW, but never imagined I would ever get to go to DL... We'll see.... ;)

Sorry for the confusion Karen..I had skimmed the thread and didn't know you were asking about a medal for the 10K.

I've registered - there's no way I was missing an inaugural (sp?) Disney race, or a castle medal. All I've got to do now is work out how to fit it in. I go back to England for a month in August, and LA is halfway between here and there, but do I arrive two days before and hope the flight etc don't muck me up for the race, or do I fly in a week before, and home the day after and hope I can deal with 12 hours on a plane with half marathon legs. Oh the choices we have to make.....Helen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!