Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

My friend noticed this, which points to Pluto, Donald, and Mickey being the themes:

Whether Guests start their day “barking along” a 3.1- mile adventure or “get their ducks in a row” for 6.2 miles ... or even say “see ya real soon” as they embark for an epic 13.1 miles,

My friend noticed this, which points to Pluto, Donald, and Mickey being the themes:

Whether Guests start their day “barking along” a 3.1- mile adventure or “get their ducks in a row” for 6.2 miles ... or even say “see ya real soon” as they embark for an epic 13.1 miles,
Your friend is clever

The half section states that Mickey and Minnie are the hosts. Does that mean they are the theme also? I don’t know how anything works outside of MW.

Proof of Time​

If you believe you will finish the Half Marathon in 2 hours and 15 minutes (2:15) or less, proof of time is required for start group placement. If you believe you will finish the Half Marathon in over 2 hours 15 minutes, proof of time is not required. Start group placement is based on your anticipated finish time and start group capacities. Proof of time is not required for the 5K and 10K races.

Looks like the same as Marathon Weekend for HM POT, so I imagine the conversions will be the same since track shack is managing. Since the HM has a slightly more relaxed POT than the marathon I may aim to bump myself up a corral with my late spring race this year.

The half section states that Mickey and Minnie are the hosts. Does that mean they are the theme also? I don’t know how anything works outside of MW.
I feel like generally the host/theme is the same-- the only time we got a special theme overlay on top of the hosts was MW with the 90s vibes. (Or like, SS is "Pixar" themed more broadly).

Do you know how the kids races work?

If I register a kid and then they can go with both parents? One? Is it a 5k at the castle? (Dreaming?)

Do you know how the kids races work?

If I register a kid and then they can go with both parents? One? Is it a 5k at the castle? (Dreaming?)

Here is a blog post from the 2017 version of the Disneyland Half.

https://whyirundisney.com/2016/08/12/disneyland-half-marathon-event-guide-and-corrals-are-here/

From the info in there, it looks like it's a diaper dash for the very young ones, a 100m, 200m and 400m as the ages go up. The finish line is the same finish line for all the races, both the "grown up" and "kids" races. It's only 1 parent per child.

Of course, that was 7 years ago, things can definitely change between then and now.

My wallet is crying because I've gone from wanting to do the Challenge + 5K to now also wanting to do the yoga 🙃. And registration is going to be shortly after a D23 shopping event at an employee store and Disney Studio tour 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter