Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

Yay! I booked tickets on Delta, which was one of the few non-stop flights. But now I see a flight on SW that I actually think would be ok. But I bought nonrefundable Delta tickets.... dang it! So I'm wondering if I should just cancel and eat the Delta eCredits and book with SW, or just stick with the Delta flights.

It's a difference of like $200 vs $120 per ticket.
Hard decision.

You’ll have no problem! I went from never running at all in July 2021 to completing a virtual half fast enough for Disney in November 2021
Thank you for sharing! It is very helpful to hear your success. I fluctuate between confidence and what-was-I-thinking moments, but we are a month into our training plan and so far we are on track.

Thank you for sharing! It is very helpful to hear your success. I fluctuate between confidence and what-was-I-thinking moments, but we are a month into our training plan and so far we are on track.
I’m almost at my 2 year anniversary of running and just today I was questioning the life choices that led me to running 8 miles on a Sunday morning 😂😂

I’m almost at my 2 year anniversary of running and just today I was questioning the life choices that led me to running 8 miles on a Sunday morning 😂😂

That was my DW on her first two Dopey runs.

After the first Dopey, she was like "That was fun, but I'm never doing that again"

A week later "I miss Dopey"

She keeps asking to register for Dopey the next year. And I get her in.

During the marathon on Sunday, as she's running up World Drive, probably not too far from The Contemporary, I get a text "what did I get myself into??"

I'm still waiting for my hotel of choice to have their 2024 dates up for booking 😂. They did finally add 1/1 yesterday, though. But no other dates in 2024. Not even 1/2 today.

Looked back when I had last booked similar dates and it wasn't until August so I'll keep waiting patiently 🫠

Yeah, it's tough. the SW flight is from MCO-DAL-SNA, but no plane change. The Delta flight is MCO-LAX nonstop.

Oof, that's tough. I do think your decision to stick with plan A is the best decision just because less room for error with a non stop, but that LAX portion is :crazy2:. May the traffic be in your favor!

I’m poking along with my training. I’m running 3ish miles 3 days a week and hoping to maintain that through the heat of the summer which just hit. I was in San Diego for dance nationals with my daughter and that was great running but came home and yikes! Lows in the mid to upper 80s now. I’m going to get up to run around 6…. But haven’t run with it that warm yet. Wish me luck!

logged into delta a couple weeks ago to check if prices had gone down and they eliminated the Wednesday nonstop flight from MSP to SNA 😩 So for me to fly from my home airport it would be two layovers and a 12+ hr travel day. No thanks. My other options take me through ohare which I absolutely loathe plus I want my delta miles! Toying with the idea of going straight from Orlando to CA. Anyone else doing this? And did we ever decide if we are doing Club 71 shirts??

logged into delta a couple weeks ago to check if prices had gone down and they eliminated the Wednesday nonstop flight from MSP to SNA 😩 So for me to fly from my home airport it would be two layovers and a 12+ hr travel day. No thanks. My other options take me through ohare which I absolutely loathe plus I want my delta miles! Toying with the idea of going straight from Orlando to CA. Anyone else doing this? And did we ever decide if we are doing Club 71 shirts??

I am going straight from MCO to LAX on Wednesday.

And we do need Club 71 shirts! Anyone else have a better design than the crap one I made a few months ago?

I am going straight from MCO to LAX, with winter weather I just don’t want to risk it! Too few days at home, and one less flight leg helps offset a couple nights in the hotel. It’s a bummer Delta doesn’t fly direct from MCO to SNA. A lot of the MSP and SNA nonstops have been cancelled, noticed this for other trips since MSP is my home airport. Sun Country seems to dominate that route here now but I’m not willing to risk a budget airline during MN winter!

I am going straight from MCO to LAX on Wednesday.

And we do need Club 71 shirts! Anyone else have a better design than the crap one I made a few months ago?
I'm no artist but I'm happy to volunteer to help organize if we get a design. Are you doing Uber/Lyft from LAX? SNA is so convenient but LAX is cheaper. I don't know what to do!
I am going straight from MCO to LAX, with winter weather I just don’t want to risk it! Too few days at home, and one less flight leg helps offset a couple nights in the hotel. It’s a bummer Delta doesn’t fly direct from MCO to SNA. A lot of the MSP and SNA nonstops have been cancelled, noticed this for other trips since MSP is my home airport. Sun Country seems to dominate that route here now but I’m not willing to risk a budget airline during MN winter!
Good point! When I fly down for Dopey I always try to connect through ATL instead of DTW so I get out of the snow. I don't know why I didn't think about how I am putting myself in a position for several flight issues flying home and then back out again. Since I'm copying you by staying at Riviera I may end up copying you again and flying to LAX 😂

I'm no artist but I'm happy to volunteer to help organize if we get a design. Are you doing Uber/Lyft from LAX? SNA is so convenient but LAX is cheaper. I don't know what to do!

Right now, I'm trying to explore my options to get from LAX to the hotel. Going from a couple of places to call for a ride to seeing if a friend of mine will shuffle me around 😀

As for shirts, we're about 6 months out, so we should be getting something together to get to a printer soon.

Good point! When I fly down for Dopey I always try to connect through ATL instead of DTW so I get out of the snow. I don't know why I didn't think about how I am putting myself in a position for several flight issues flying home and then back out again. Since I'm copying you by staying at Riviera I may end up copying you again and flying to LAX 😂
It’s been a few years (4?) since I caught an Uber from LAX and after that trip I vowed never again, LOL! I’m exaggerating but it’s not ideal, I think you have to shuttle to the rideshare pick up or something like that. I think you can get around it if you book a car service as I think they can pick up at baggage claim. I’m going to look into this for my upcoming DL trip since Ubers are so expensive now, often $100 or more. I think private car services tend to be around $150 one way? It was closer to $50 for an Uber back in 2019. I’m fine with ubering back to LAX since you can get dropped off right there but the pick up was not fun, I just remember it being so hectic. At the end of the day it’s fine though, just not a seamless experience like smaller airports. LA traffic is a nightmare though and even SNA isn’t immune. Last time I flew into SNA during rush hour and it took a full hour to get to Disneyland! On my trip back to the airport it took 15 minutes :rotfl: As long as you plan for transportation to take twice as long as maps says, you’ll be fine.

Since I am flying into LA on Monday before the races I have all the time in the world to deal with LA traffic. I’m on the same flight as a fellow running friend who is renting a car so I will get to experience the fun rental car shuttle lol.

Since I am flying into LA on Monday before the races I have all the time in the world to deal with LA traffic. I’m on the same flight as a fellow running friend who is renting a car so I will get to experience the fun rental car shuttle lol.
My small town midwestern self doesn't do well in the shuffle of a big city. 😂 I'll probably end up going into SNA because I've done it before. If I fly straight from FL I'm going to spend the extra days down there since I have an AP. I'm not looking forward to having to buy day tix for the entire family for DL!!
Right now, I'm trying to explore my options to get from LAX to the hotel. Going from a couple of places to call for a ride to seeing if a friend of mine will shuffle me around 😀

As for shirts, we're about 6 months out, so we should be getting something together to get to a printer soon.
It's too bad they discontinued the Disney shuttle. I like not having to think about things like logistics!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter