Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

WAFDL - I, like everyone else, expect the official race merch to be an absolute nightmare and things to sell out like lightning. To that end, I hope Disney is preparing for that and ordering a lot of merch but I also know Disney so I'm not expecting it. :rotfl:

I hope the races will be similar to the last ones. The 5K and 10K for Half Marathon weekend in 2017 were fantastic. Both courses were all on property, (this was when DLR was fighting with Anaheim and wanted as much of the races on property as possible), and there was just so much positive energy everywhere. I will be interested to see what the finish area looks like. In the past one of the locations has been the DTD parking lot which is under a lot of renovation right now/they keep changing things and it's purpose so that will be interesting to see what changes occur in regards to that.

I'm wondering when the expo will open, with yoga happening early that morning. Can we go from yoga to the expo, or would it be too early?

Why did I think today was Tuesday? Sorry about that!

WAFDL: This week's question is going to be piggy backing off this week's SAFD question. What do you think will change between either the races in 2017 until now, or what do you think will be different between WDW and the DL races?

I know nothing about the DL races, but I hope that they still have more time in the parks than the WDW versions. I'm just wondering what Disney and The City of Anaheim will do for the half
I think there will be more out-of-towner’s compared to locals participating. I’ll be curious to see if the half includes running at Angels Stadium like the Disneyland usually does. I have a feeling that the last mile won’t be through DTD because of construction (the west end of DTD is being redone), which will be not as fun/interesting as running through DTD. The merch at the Expo will probably go faster than in the past.

I'm wondering when the expo will open, with yoga happening early that morning. Can we go from yoga to the expo, or would it be too early?
That will be interesting to see how they work it. I think WDW might be the example to study to see how this is handled. When do they have their yoga? It's in MK isn't it? I would imagine yoga for our weekend is in DL and then they will open the expo afterward.

I just remember the last Half Marathon weekend expo, my friend and I lined up in that upstairs ballroom a couple (?) hours early and were among the first 100 into the official merch area downstairs. It worked out really well for us, especially since there was a merch hype in regards to the Pixar theme. We plan on following that same idea unless something drastically changes. Get to property early, line up upstairs, do official merch downstairs in the main ballroom, go downstairs into the parking garage for bibs, etc., and then see the rest of the expo.

I wish New Balance was still making the rD shoes. :sad::sad::sad::sad:

That will be interesting to see how they work it. I think WDW might be the example to study to see how this is handled. When do they have their yoga? It's in MK isn't it? I would imagine yoga for our weekend is in DL and then they will open the expo afterward.

I just remember the last Half Marathon weekend expo, my friend and I lined up in that upstairs ballroom a couple (?) hours early and were among the first 100 into the official merch area downstairs. It worked out really well for us, especially since there was a merch hype in regards to the Pixar theme. We plan on following that same idea unless something drastically changes. Get to property early, line up upstairs, do official merch downstairs in the main ballroom, go downstairs into the parking garage for bibs, etc., and then see the rest of the expo.

I wish New Balance was still making the rD shoes. :sad::sad::sad::sad:
Yoga at WDW has been in MK, but for Springtime Surprise this year, it will be in HS. When I did Princess Yoga in 2022, I was on the bus back to my resort at 7:15, and the expo buses didn’t start until 9:15-9:30, and the bib pickup and such didn’t start until 10. But since DL is walkable, all the WDW data is kind of moot. I would expect rD merch to have a VQ, so arriving early doesn’t help with that.

Yoga at WDW has been in MK, but for Springtime Surprise this year, it will be in HS. When I did Princess Yoga in 2022, I was on the bus back to my resort at 7:15, and the expo buses didn’t start until 9:15-9:30, and the bib pickup and such didn’t start until 10. But since DL is walkable, all the WDW data is kind of moot. I would expect rD merch to have a VQ, so arriving early doesn’t help with that.
That's true, I keep forgetting that WDW has implemented a VQ which I would guess will continue over with DLR. There is still a line though when your boarding group is called though? I wonder if they will have that line upstairs where people used to line up so there isn't a massive line on the hotel property. I would guess that your timeline will be pretty close to the mark. Yoga in the morning and then expo opens around 9-10am.

WAFDL- I've never done a Disney race, so I'm excited to see the differences. For logistical reasons though, this will probably be my only DL race. I preordered a bunch of stuff because I don't get in until Friday night and I don't want to have to stress over it. Whatever I don't like will go on eBay.

I think my favorite rD weekend was Tinkerbell because the 10K course was so great.

Best 10K ever! And the Half had so many DPM (dogs per mile) on the streets of Anaheim.

I've only done 1 DL race, Tink back in 2017, but I agree with everyone else - I think it's going to be a madhouse!

Tink 2017 is the only DL race I've done, too. So easy, great courses... they set the bar high. I'm sure it'll be crazy but I just hope they extend my platinum club benefits to DL!

So I think I just screwed up my chance to get in - accidentally booked a flight and I'll be in the air when registration opens (not sure I really had any other options). I figure the combination of Disney IT and in-flight wifi may be too much!
You around?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter