DisneyLAND for the obese?

does anyone know how similar indiana jones experience is to dinosaur in wdw? im really worried the seats will be narrow and the jolting will be really rough like dinosaur is (and i left that ride with huge bruises). any input is wonderful!

Fitting wasn't a concern for me either - but yes, it's basically Dinosaur with a different theme.

Hello,
I just wanted to say thanks to everybody here for this discussion. I just got back a few weeks ago from Disneyland and had a great time.

I'm a big dude (400lbs, 5x sized shirt) and had little troubles getting on any of the rides. The only ride that was a tight squeeze was space mountain. But more for getting my knees to squeeze in than my big gut.

Other than that, it was a breeze. California Screemin', Matterhorn, Big Thunder, Splash Mountain, Soarin' over California, etc....all easy.

It was actually the first time in a very long time that I could actually stop worrying about my size when in a situation like that. I was able to just relax and have a great time.

Anyway, I hope this helps for any big dudes heading there with trepidation. Don't worry about it and have a great time.

Cheers.

PS- The Disneyland staff is awesome. Very helpful and discreet if you have any questions or concerns about your size on rides.

Wow! Hard to believe so many people have reported negative experiences or rude CM's. :headache:I've noticed quite a few complaints on other threads and other boards too. It just seems so "Un-Disney" that I found it hard to believe!

I think I may just go ahead and rent the ECV. I hate to do it because I am only 29 years old and could make it thorugh the parks on foot (not to mention that my family will surely make fun of me for it); but I also hate to slow everyone else going with me down. :confused3

Either way I will definitely be stopping on Main Street to get a GAC card. I actually had one on our last trip to WDW that was stamped "Provide a Shaded Wait Area if Available at Attraction" because I am SUPER sensitive to the sun beating down on me. I never used it though because lines were so short.

I'm so grateful for all the responses I've gotten to my questions! :thanks: I never thought so many sympathetic DIS-ers would find their way over to this thread. I hope it keeps going and is able to help others prepare for their trips too! :goodvibes

When we were at DL last year, I rented a scooter from a place right across the street on Harbor. They were much cheaper than DL's ECVs and easier to maneuver. I think this is the place... the address looks right. http://www.scootervillage.com/map.htm

They were a great outfit to deal with. The scooters were waiting in our hotel lobby when we got there and when we had a problem with one of them, they were right down the street so it was easy to exchange for another scooter. I paid $200 for 10 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter