• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Express Airport Bus

epcotfan

http://youtube.com/wdwchannel1
Hi guys, sorry for the multiple questions but wanted to start a seperate thread about the bus from LAX to Anaheim.

1. When arriving in Anaheim, how do you make a payment for your ticket? Do you pay in advance or upon drop off? Who do you pay?

2. I see the Disneyland Hotel is the last stop before heading back to LAX. Has anyone been denied boarding due to a full bus? We have a flight back to Toronto at 3:00pm. Thought we'd aim for the 10am bus making it to LAX after 11:00 (International passengers such as myself need to be at the airport three hours before) This is a Saturday. Does that give us enough time for getting to the airport by noon?

3. Luggage. Is it easy retrieving luggage from the bus? Does the driver help? Or is it a free for all when collecting your luggage from the bus?

Thanks for your help :)

1.) If you didn't get transfers from a travel agent before hand you'll pay for the bus fare just before the first stop, which is DLH. The bus stops and a guy comes on who collects the money and transfers. Then you continue onto DLH and then the rest. I don't recall how much it is (i'm thinking 15 dollars....), I've always used transfers.

2.) I usually stay at one of the Disney hotels, they are the last three stops, and have never witnessed a full bus. I think at busy times they run more buses but in the offseason there are very few people on the bus. Leaving at 11 on a saturday will get you there 15 minutes before 12 most likely.

3.) Luggage retrieval varies by the driver it seems, most load your luggage and unload it. They basically take it out and place it down for the owner to
retrieve. I did have one driver nearly drive away with my luggage though! Picture someone running and banging on the door of the bus....

I think that's about all. On a final note, I'm also an international flyer (from Vancouver) and of the type that can not stand waiting at an airport. I've never missed a flight, but I fly a lot and when not on a vacation usually alone so I never worry too much about it. I tend to cut all my flights kinda close (not as close as many I know!), although I have a good idea of what security looks like at some airports at certain times of day. I've always breezed through LAX, although I know they do get very busy and maybe particularly more in light of the recent liquid/gel bans. Last time I was at DL I took the bus 2 hours and 15 minutes prior to my flight from Paradise Pier (the 2nd or 3rd last stop) and ended up with about 1 hour and 10 minutes of waiting once I cleared security. That was the latest I could arrive at the airport as at that time the bus was only running once an hour.

Four hours should be ample time to cover any unforseen circumstances is the point of my long tale. I don't reccomend arriving without less than 2 - 3 hours of lead time for international flights unless you realize that you may not make your flight. Have fun, hopefully some of the answers helped!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter