Disneyland empty?

If APs are so valued, you would think Disney would treat us better. I personally feel like they are gouging the deluxe AP holders. :scared1: The increase in prices plus additional blackout dates had me considering not renewing my AP. But then reality kicked in and I realized Disneyland APs are still a better value than other "amusement parks"....:confused3:rotfl:

The blackout dated being doubled on the deluxe AP holders coupled with the gigantic price hike made the value not there for us, so we let our passes lapse. Knotts is getting better, so we got APs there. Seems like the more CMs Disney cuts, Knotts is there to scoop them up!

I’m planning on going early September and getting a flex pass. Is it worth it to try and squeeze in a 2-3 day trip with a regular 3 day ticket to convert over to flex pass to get in on these slow time? Would have to be the second week of August.

I purchased my flex pass at the beginning of the month and I have visited both parks 3 times in 19 days. The last two times I literally made a “reservation” 30 minutes before going with no issues. I have one set day reserved for a birthday and I get to use the 2nd one whenever I please. And the ride wait times? Piece of cake! Universal, Six Flags, & Knotts wait times w/o a fast pass are dreadful. The longest I’ve waited (and on a Sunday) was 45 minutes on a ride where the fast passes were unavailable. I am worried about what the flex pass reservation system will look like next year when there are more people taking advantage of it. Also, if you’re a frequent visitor (which it looks like I am now becoming lol) parking may become pricey. My whole family has the flex pass but I sometimes go without them so I will be upgrading my pass to include parking on my next visit. Still debating on which one to get

I purchased my flex pass at the beginning of the month and I have visited both parks 3 times in 19 days. The last two times I literally made a “reservation” 30 minutes before going with no issues. I have one set day reserved for a birthday and I get to use the 2nd one whenever I please. And the ride wait times? Piece of cake! Universal, Six Flags, & Knotts wait times w/o a fast pass are dreadful. The longest I’ve waited (and on a Sunday) was 45 minutes on a ride where the fast passes were unavailable. I am worried about what the flex pass reservation system will look like next year when there are more people taking advantage of it. Also, if you’re a frequent visitor (which it looks like I am now becoming lol) parking may become pricey. My whole family has the flex pass but I sometimes go without them so I will be upgrading my pass to include parking on my next visit. Still debating on which one to get
The signature or signature plus have parking. I have the signature. I've gone enough times that the cost of parking would have been a lot more than the AP itself. :)

The signature or signature plus have parking. I have the signature. I've gone enough times that the cost of parking would have been a lot more than the AP itself. :)

Thanks! I’m looking towards the signature. I’m comparing the black out days to the flex pass and it looks promising.

The easiest way is limit the number of guests in the park at any given time. An attendance cap.

But it can't be a hard cap. It needs to be a variable cap. Certain guests needs to have higher priority than others. Guests that came from half way around the world and bought a 1 day park hopper need to be given higher priority for entry than local guests that bought a $399 annual pass.

We arrived today and it’s definitely not empty. We thought it was pretty busy, although not awful. DCA had some crazy wait times today!

Thanks! I’m looking towards the signature. I’m comparing the black out days to the flex pass and it looks promising.

It’s surprisingly easy to do. We do not live in California but typically visit longer than 5 days in any one visit...which means a Signature AP is a better deal, after the all discounts etc. Basically, if we think we’ll visit two times in a year...we pony (GULP) up for the Sig AP.

Still hoping there’s gonna be a college application check box that says, “I believe in Magic...and paid for it...”😬

We are in the same boat.... and we want to do a three day trip (we live in SD) over Thanksgiving, but I’m afraid the reservations for the third day will be full so we are making it two days only. So far we’ve only done two overnight stays and our hotel has free parking. But I didn’t even consider parking charges with day trips.... may definitely look at upgrading next year, plus it stinks Christmas break is completely blocked out.

I'm really tempted to take a day trip with my oldest child in a week or two before school starts. Are the crowds still light? I can't really afford another trip since we're going on a bigger one for Thanksgiving, but these low crowds are so tempting.

I'm really tempted to take a day trip with my oldest child in a week or two before school starts. Are the crowds still light? I can't really afford another trip since we're going on a bigger one for Thanksgiving, but these low crowds are so tempting.
Not really. They are lighter than you might expect in summer and with a new land opening. But they aren’t ghost town like they were when Galaxy’s Edge first opened. There are plenty of people in the parks!

I went to GE yesterday morning for a few hours and it was not crowded at all. People were there but I felt crowds were quite light. Sadly there weren't any stormtroopers there either... You really can see the staff cuts.

The attendance is still “low” according to Disney, and the mornings are pretty ghost-town-y if you’re not heading to SWGE... but then the crowds pick up and I’d say overall they’re “moderate.” Still some weird pockets of emptiness in terms of FPs lasting forever or tons of empty parade viewing on Wednesday even though it was DL’s birthday and the last-ever run of “Soundsational.”

So, I’d say it’s still a good time to come in general, but not a “take a trip you can’t afford” time to come.

Mornings are only a ghost town because most people when they get into Disneyland head to Star Wars Land first.
You can really get a lot done in the first 3-4 hours of park opening.

Visit Star Wars Land when the rest of the park is at its busiest.

ME

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter