Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #2 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a few we took last night during the CM party.

IMG_20101213_205149.jpg

Midnight on Main St.

PC130915.jpg

PC130903.jpg

Here now. Freezing my butt off today! Supposed to be even colder tomorrow. Crowds were good today. SM wait time around noon was 30 min., walked on HMH, 10 min for iaswh, Peter Pan was the worst at 20 min this morning. The longest wait of the day was the 30 min it took the Blue Ribbon Bakery to make a hot caramel cider!! Staked out a spot for the parade about 1 hr 15 min before the start. A lot of other people were too. That filled up fast but there was only one parade today. I also had the best, and I do mean the BEST peanut butter cookie of my life! Highly reccommended. It was at Poohs Corner.

The longest wait of the day was the 30 min it took the Blue Ribbon Bakery to make a hot caramel cider!! Staked out a spot for the parade about 1 hr 15 min before the start. A lot of other people were too. That filled up fast but there was only one parade today. I also had the best, and I do mean the BEST peanut butter cookie of my life! Highly reccommended. It was at Poohs Corner.
2 excellent food choices! That caramel cider is to die for (sorry about the 30 minute wait though :( ) and Pooh's Corner has the best cookies, all the flavors are fantastic, although I am partial to the white chocolate/raspberry and the chocolate chip/peanut butter ones. I am kind of picky about my cookies too! These ones are perfection :cloud9:

Hi Everyone. We returned late last night from our 4 days at the DL resort. Will try to post some photos as we download them but it may be on the weekend. We arrived at 11:30 PM on Thursday night. Friday morning, we had 7 AM reservations at Surfs up with Mickey and Friends. We had great character interaction (Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy and Stitch). The restaurant was not crowded. Food was so-so but the kids had a great time. Santa was at the Paradise Pier Hotel at 8:00 AM when we were ready to leave but no Photo Pass Photographer. My daughter took a few photos. The tree there is awesome. We went to Disneyland and truly enjoyed the beautiful decorations. The ride times were not too bad in the early morning - 15-20 minutes for Indiana Jones, Pirates, HMH, BTMRR. At 10:00 we went over to Tomorrowland for the 10:30 AM Jedi Academy and thanks to the wonderful advice from people here on the boards, my 6 year old Grandson was picked. After that we rode Matterhorn and then went over to Toontown for an hour. We had luch a the Tomorrowland Terrace and rode more rides. At 4:00 PM my grandson was starting to complain aout a sore throat. I called my cousin who lives in Garden Grove and she came and got us to go to the Emergency Room. Turns out he had strep. After prescribing antibiotics, the Dr. said he would not be contageous after 24 hours. Saturday, he and I spent the day at the hotel with him sleeping off and on and watching Disney Videos on the portable DVD player. Sunday armed with a bunch of small packets of antibiotic wipes, we headed over to Disneyland for magic morning at 7 AM. We wiped down all the ride handles quickly before we exited the ride even though it had been 24 hours. Didn't want anyone else to get sick. At 10:30 AM, we headed to CA. The lines weren't bad there. Longest wait was TSMM (45 Minutes) but most of the other rides were 15-20 minute waits. Picked up fast passes along the way. I loved the Christmas tree and a few other decortions that we saw but was surprised at how few decorations there were in CA. The kids didn't even notice. They just wanted to ride. We had dinner at Ariel's Grotto at 7:30 PM for the 10:15 WOC showing. After dinner, headed back to DL to see if we could get photos by the Castle but the crowds were tremendous in that area with people just waiting to take their own photos - let alone the 10 families waiting for a Photo Pass Photographer. To my sadness, we never even got to Reindeer Roundup. My grandson said he would rather ride TOT since he had already seen Santa and told him what he wanted. He also pointed out to me that we always go to Denver Zoo Lights and he sees the reindeer and Santa there to. So - no photo with the three kids in Mickey ear Santa hats. Also because I missed a whole evening and day at Disneyland and the crowds, I didn't get my wished for photo of the three kids in front of the castle at night. Guess that just means I will have to go back in a few years. I need time for my pocket book to recover. :laughing: I wanted to thank everyone on the boards who posted great advice, etc. It all worked!!!!

How thoughtful and kind that you took such measures to insure that your DGS is well taken care of and that one else will get sick. I know this is not the norm, so you are an exceptional individual to do so much.

How thoughtful and kind that you took such measures to insure that your DGS is well taken care of and that one else will get sick. I know this is not the norm, so you are an exceptional individual to do so much.
Agreed :) And glad to hear that you got a lot of good advice here; I know I have :thumbsup2

Just an FYI...Storytellers is booked for Christmas Day. I just called to make another ressie and asked while I was on.

To Everyone!

:santa:

.. so has anyone noticed that the reindeers look less “fluffy” this year ? they look like they had a hair cut..last year I remember them being more fluffy and furry…THE REAL reindeer i mean!!

To Everyone!

:santa:

.. so has anyone noticed that the reindeers look less “fluffy” this year ? they look like they had a hair cut..last year I remember them being more fluffy and furry…

Hmmm, now that I just got my new camera (!!!!!!) I'll have to go tomorrow and take a peek while the kids are at school, ya know, just for investigative purposes :yay:

well it just seemed like last year they had a little more coat on them(the real ones i mean).. this year it looks like maybe they had a hair cut ;), they are still fluffy don't get me wrong, they are so cute i just want to hug one and pet one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter