• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #2 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, now that I just got my new camera (!!!!!!) I'll have to go tomorrow and take a peek while the kids are at school, ya know, just for investigative purposes :yay:

hey i got mine back! i am soo happy.. i can't wait to start shooting again!! that kodak was crappy!! im sorry if anyone does have one.... anyhow let us know what you think about the reindeer..

hey i got mine back! i am soo happy.. i can't wait to start shooting again!! that kodak was crappy!! im sorry if anyone does have one.... anyhow let us know what you think about the reindeer..

Little man asked to go tonight and I said uh-uh...so maybe I'll wait til tomorrow evening and be a nice Mommy.

Oh, and here's proof Dh loves me, look what he brought home for me :lovestruc

IMG_0084.jpg

To those of you who have posted these last few pictures, I just want to say they are FABULOUS! And such a vivid "description" of what the park looks like these days...
I am going to be in LA right at New Years, know the park will be extra crowded, but would like to ask a couple of questions of those "in the know":
I'm curious as to the comment from a poster about waiting in line for candy canes...what is that all about?
I will be visiting alone, primarily to see the decorations while they are still up.
If I go on Dec. 2 or 3, do I have a fair chance of seeing most of them?
If I arrive at rope drop, do I have a decent chance of riding some things without an hour's wait in line?
And lastly, how can I decide which of the special holiday treats are worthy of my interest, money and time spent in line to buy them?
Thanks in advance...

I don't know if this has been mentioned here lately, but since I know Goofy's is a popular choice for holiday meals, FYI it's been relocated temporarily.

Dec. 14, 2010 – Jan. 21, 2011: Goofy’s Kitchen dining room and buffet will be
relocated to Magic Kingdom Ballroom 1 & 4 due to several projects taking place in
the restaurant. Normal operating hours and offerings will be maintained.

MousePlanet posted a photo on their twitter. I think it looks kinda weird :confused3

To those of you who have posted these last few pictures, I just want to say they are FABULOUS! And such a vivid "description" of what the park looks like these days...
I am going to be in LA right at New Years, know the park will be extra crowded, but would like to ask a couple of questions of those "in the know":
I'm curious as to the comment from a poster about waiting in line for candy canes...what is that all about?
I will be visiting alone, primarily to see the decorations while they are still up.
If I go on Dec. 2 or 3, do I have a fair chance of seeing most of them?
If I arrive at rope drop, do I have a decent chance of riding some things without an hour's wait in line?
And lastly, how can I decide which of the special holiday treats are worthy of my interest, money and time spent in line to buy them?
Thanks in advance...

Jan 2 is a toss-up. I avoid Sundays because all annual passes are usually open that day. But...you've got everyone getting ready to get back into their normal schedules the following day. Going Jan 3, you'll be fine crowd-wise since everyone will be back at school. They're going to be starting to take down the decorations. They won't completely go down overnight.

Any of the Holiday treats are yummy!

I don't know if this has been mentioned here lately, but since I know Goofy's is a popular choice for holiday meals, FYI it's been relocated temporarily.

MousePlanet posted a photo on their twitter. I think it looks kinda weird :confused3

So it did start, I couldn't remember when it was happening. When we were there last weekend, we could tell they were getting ready. It's got to be done for the construction. At least it's better lit than Goofy's Kitchen!

Good grief! We have a ressie there... oh my that'll be interesting.

Good grief, I just noticed that I said I was going to be there DEC. 2nd or 3rd and I meant Jan. I'm sure more figured that out as I said New Year's.
Thanks for your comments, lapdwife. Sounds like I need to go on the 3rd, and hopefully, I will still see many decorations.

Jan 2 is a toss-up. I avoid Sundays because all annual passes are usually open that day. But...you've got everyone getting ready to get back into their normal schedules the following day. Going Jan 3, you'll be fine crowd-wise since everyone will be back at school. They're going to be starting to take down the decorations. They won't completely go down overnight.

Any of the Holiday treats are yummy!

FYI, just so you know, our school district (Corona/Norco) is off the first week of Jan. Furlough week for the teaches, extra week off for the kids.:goodvibes We are only about 30 min. from DLR so you can expect people from our area to be there. Inc. me. ;) It still won't be as bad as before Jan. 2nd, but it may not be as empty as you would like.

well it just seemed like last year they had a little more coat on them.. this year it looks like maybe they had a hair cut ;), they are still fluffy don't get me wrong, they are so cute i just want to hug one and pet one.

Okay, I know I have reindeer pix from last year but they are on a different computer. Here is one taken in 2008 of my favorite reindeer ;)

disney1208029.jpg

Do they look furrier than this year? To me they look the same.

Here's the picture I borrowed from the first page.
Reindeerfromdisboards2010.jpg

(My favorite reindeer is either first or second in this line.)

ohh no not those reindeer. the actual ones in the big thunder ranch area... the real ones..

ha ha sorry i should of specified...

ohh no not those reindeer. the actual ones in the big thunder ranch area... the real ones..

ha ha sorry i should of specified...

Oh, sorry, I guess I should have read more! :rotfl2:

Maybe they were fuzzy last year, I remember it as being colder early in Dec. Until Tuesday, we were in the 80's here so maybe they need more cold to get furrier. If that's the case they should get furrier real soon. It's so cold now that my fingers are almost freezing while typing this. I know, to the rest of the country it's not that cold but any time it dips below 60 I'm freezing!

I saw a photo recently of the real reindeers, and they just don’t look as furry as they were last year.. I just remember them having more of a coat on them.. that is why I asked if they maybe had gotten a hair cut

they should let us pet them.. don't you think?

I hit the Disney Christmas jackpot today. Lookie at what I found at Walgreens!! Just $1.99. I also got a light up Mickey shirt for the little guy for him to wear Christmas.

IMG_20101216_165628.jpg

Welcome back, Sherry! Hope you had a great time. I'm looking forward to your trip report and pictures! :goodvibes

Oy...I have a PS there for January 17th. I also think it looks kind of weird but we'll see. Thanks for the heads up!

I hit the Disney Christmas jackpot today. Lookie at what I found at Walgreens!! Just $1.99. I also got a light up Mickey shirt for the little guy for him to wear Christmas.

IMG_20101216_165628.jpg

I plan on making a bunch of cookies as gifts for my coworkers (I even bought the Mickey ones on my last trip) but that cookie cutter looks like it'll be a great addition to what I have. I'll definitely try to look for it at the Walgreens near my house. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter