DisneyGroom POV: Heather and John's Wishes Wedding 10/24/12- Hallowedding LOA Signed!

Where should I begin? So, yes, it's been another month or two since my last update. Don't be alarmed, there's still a wedding going on! ;)

In the weeks leading up to the signing of the LOA, we decided on some absolutes.

For one, while Root Photography was doing our shoot, we also are going to add in a guys day out, which Root will be documenting for us.

Secondly, it seems as though we choose our vendor for video. Simply Cinematic was our final decision. I think this was the tougher decision thus far on making. There are so many great options out there, and we have a clear vision on having the video become a film. There was also cost concerns and the lengthy wait to get our wedding video, but we believe it was what we wanted from the beginning, and we have come full circle in choosing them.

We chose the officiant, and I'm really excited on this officiant. More on this in the next post.

It looks as though we settled with the guest list. It's at 91 invites, and are estimating 50-60 to come. It's a number we have been expecting, and while I wouldn't be surprised if more came, I would be if less did.

We picked out our wedding rings!!! So, okay, we went in the store where I got Heathers engagement ring (they are awesome, and if you are in the Philly area and need to know where, just message me) and we just wanted to look and get ideas, also to get her ring cleaned. Wouldn't you know we left the store with a receipt for my ring! I love my ring. It's heavy and think like I wanted and has a great feel to it. A picture is below.

299201_744551885206_31507803_36567690_1393585944_n.jpg

Heather hasn't fully decided on two types of rings. I gave my opinion (the bigger one.. haha), and while there is a lot of time to go, she made a great decision either way. They look beautiful!

We also put up a Facebook group page just for the wedding. The idea was similar to how DisBoards Facebook page is now, and we made it private, inviting just the people involved in the wedding (and who's going). It allows for easier communication and it saves us from doing a newsletter. So far it's been going great, and people have been communicating a lot on the group. For the record, I don't think I'll ever touch the DFTW Facebook app unless they do a complete renovation of it. It's disgusting and definitely makes Disney look cheap, and Disney ain't cheap! Anywho....

Getting inspired by opening myself up to pictures. Seems like day after day I'm looking through hundreds of pictures from other weddings.. I guess I can tell it's getting close! So, Heather got me into Pinterest --- www.pinterest.com/scafs

I took a little tip from Carrie's podcast (Thanks SOOO much for the technology episode!!!), and got inspired to use my favorite hobby (technology) in the wedding. While all my ideas will be spread apart over many posts to follow, the main one was the use of Google Docs. WOAH, what an awesome tool! I was always the Microsoft Excel type, and never even looked at what Google had to offer in that area (except for gmail), but wow have they got gold! We are using Google Docs for EVERYTHING. From Expenses, to Questions to ask planner to itinerary to vendor lists. Guest lists and even seating arrangements. It's all there, and so easy to use. We are able to edit together (even if I'm at work and she's at home). If you haven't used it, I suggest you try it. It's super simple and fun!

And finally... The LOA. October 17th came around and I figured to email our trusty Disney Wedding Consultant to let him know we are ready to sign and give our deposit asap. We got a speedy reply saying to fill out some information and send it back. No problem I thought! Boo!

Halloween came early. Who knew, doing the room block would be SOOOO difficult! We managed to guesstimate on the 50-60 guests and were able to guarantee 126 room nights. At first we thought it might have been a little high to guarantee that many, but the more I thought about it, the less I worried. I have 25 of my immediate family members who are staying on the average of 4 nights. (using Google Docs, we were able to take the guest list, group all the people who would be staying together [ie. couples], and get the number of actual rooms and room nights used. This was super easy to use in Google Docs and allowed us to accurately count the number of nights we were actually going to use) In the end, just knowing the guaranteed list of people (about 25 "groups"), using the average of 4 nights staying down, gives us 100 room nights.

I think we have it set and are should have no worries about room nights. Plus, us alone will be reserving 13 room nights with wedding week and honeymoon down there.

So, we sent over the information to our extra speedy consultant, 4 days before the 24th, which is the 1 year date. No reply. I wondered what was wrong, but I gave the benefit of the doubt. The 24th came and went, and no answer from him. We sent another email, and we were given the same email we received before to fill out and send back. Apparently there was a computer mix up and he didn't get our email. Oh well, things happen. Either way, we resent and received our contract on November 2nd.

We officially sent over payment of the deposit with signed forms the other day and all cleared.

Woo hoo, so 348 days to go and it's going to come so quick!

Also, I made a pledge to myself. I have a personal goal to lose 70lbs before the wedding. In doing so, I am rewarding myself something I NEVER thought I'd do... EVER.. I'm going to jump out of a plan (Uncle Jessie style... if you know what I mean ;)) and skydive. I know what you are thinking... seriously, why would you reward yourself with something your so afraid of? How is that a reward? I beleive that if I can overcome years of being overweight, I can overcome the fear of heights and planes. Also, I want this marriage to be the start of a fresh new beginning for me and more importantly, us. With that, by doing this jump, it will hopefully release a fresh new start in me inspire something new for the both of us.

If you are family, friends or anyone coming to the wedding, and would not like to be spoiled about a surprise, DO NOT READ.

Otherwise... read on happy Dis peeps!

If you have read previous posts not on my PJ, I have mentioned the idea of getting someone famous as officiant. Back when I was a kid, I needed a sponsor for my confirmation. I always wanted this one person to be my sponsor. I was laughed at for my wish, but after, I always said that I'll have him one day....

Sometime last year I asked Heather her opinion on this person, and after asking a few questions, I think she felt comfortable with the idea of having this person do our wedding and I began to research my way into getting a hold of him.

I've kept it a surprise, and am trying to keep it a surprise until the rehearsal itself.

The officiant? If you are a wrestling fan, he's known as The Million Dollar Man, Ted DiBiase. Yes... it's a spoiler alert for anyone reading when they aren't supposed to (you know who you are.. haha).

I tried so hard to get a hold of him. I've followed his philosophy for years and have idolized him growing up. I wouldn't let go in reaching out.

So I spent days calling his agency, and writing letters. No reply. It was a months of trying and still no word. After signing our LOA, I gave it one more chance. I said this would be it, and after this, I'm moving on. I sent an email to a different address, because I just had a feeling about it. Days later, nothing.

I was at work, and I looked through the DisBoards for different options for officiants. I started to understand this wouldn't happen.

It's 1:30pm the next day and I'm about to get ready for work when I get a phone call. Recently I've been getting calls from Disney and other vendors trying to sell wedding stuff. I didn't answer. Instead I looked up the number, and in the Google results it says Ted DiBiase. So I rushed to answer, but they hung up. I went to the back to be in private and dialed the number again. Expecting to hear from a receptionist, instead I hear "Hello, Ted DiBiase". I heard his voice. I thought it was a recording. So I said Hello, I'm calling after just getting a call about booking Ted DiBiase for a wedding. He greeted me again, saying, yes, I had just called you. I couldn't believe it. I was talking to Ted personally. He asked me a lot of questions, and at first I was nervous, and in, well, starstruck mode. But he's a Christian and talked to me about his beliefs and philosophy. I already knew what he was about, but it was great to listen for the hour we talked.

He is a down to earth type guy, and became excited for the fact it's a Disney wedding. We talked over the details, but even now, a few days after the call, I'm still in shock he is going to marry us.

It's a surprise to our family, mainly because a lot of people know him, especially my groomsmen.

Should I tell them? Hmmm, I'm not sure I can hold this secret for a year... we'll see!

Wow, what an update! First of all, your ring looks great. What is it made out of?

Also, I LOVE Google docs! I just started using them for my online grad school classes (we have some group projects going on right now) and they make things so easy.

And that is amazing news about your officiant! I bet you are just super excited! What a cool thing to have happen :goodvibes

Wow, what an update! First of all, your ring looks great. What is it made out of?

Also, I LOVE Google docs! I just started using them for my online grad school classes (we have some group projects going on right now) and they make things so easy.

And that is amazing news about your officiant! I bet you are just super excited! What a cool thing to have happen :goodvibes

It's Tungsten Ceramic. I'm not a traditional gold type person, and Tungsten is heavier, which is what I want. I don't want to feel like the ring isn't there.

Yea, Google Docs can't be beat. We have so many documents for little things, that, without Google, we wouldn't have. There would be no way, we would have like 10 or so documents in Word or Excel saved in multiple locations for us to view or open on multiple computers. This is a time-saver most definitely!

OMG You got Ted DiBiase OMG!!! WOW :) That's awesome dude!

I couldn't be happier having Ted do the wedding. I'm just hoping I can keep this surprise for another 340+ days...

It's Tungsten Ceramic. I'm not a traditional gold type person, and Tungsten is heavier, which is what I want. I don't want to feel like the ring isn't there.

My DH went with tungsten too, he is really happy with it! It's heavier, his is very shiny, and he likes the fact that it is pretty much indestructible ;)

It seems that every time I want to write out "Save the Dates", I want to abbreviate it. I don't think I should.

Anyways, over the last few weeks I played around with designs for the Saves. Deciding to do a DIY instead is mainly a cost saver. I also wanted personalization and something we can say we did.

So, while these Saves aren't the best of the best that you see on the Dis or on Google (blah, they are so awesome), they do give it a symbol of us, which I think is more important.

There were 4 designs I spent time on. I won't show the first two, as they have since been deleted and was, umm, a practice run. ;)

Save the Date Sample by DisneyGroom, on Flickr

This is option 1. Seems like we may have some work to finish still, but it's just about done. We are looking to print on 5x7 card stock, or maybe a magnet. If it's a magnet, it'll be down to a 4x6. The 24 font is a little bolder on this picture than what it really is; not sure why. I just think something is missing though... any help???

iPhoneSaves by DisneyGroom, on Flickr

This was just for fun, but I was really happy with the sample. IF this would have been the choice, it would have been a magnet, shaped as an iPhone.

Suggestions, comments?

I really like the iphone one just the way it is. It is a perfect representation of what an event would look like on the screen.

Congrats on the LOA. Have you gotten your planner yet?

Can't wait to read more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter