Disney+

My Smart TV is about 5 years old (LG) and I cannot download the app. I don't want to watch on my devices so I am stuck. I never had an issue with Amazon Prime or Netflix, but the Disney Plus app isn't compatible. Bell put Nexflix on a channel and I hope they do this with Disney Plus too.

My Smart TV is about 5 years old (LG) and I cannot download the app. I don't want to watch on my devices so I am stuck. I never had an issue with Amazon Prime or Netflix, but the Disney Plus app isn't compatible. Bell put Nexflix on a channel and I hope they do this with Disney Plus too.
It isn’t ideal but an option may be to pick up a Chromecast if you have a device that will cast to your existing tv. This was the most reasonable option I found for me to use with my incompatible tv. You may be able to find one on sale next week during Black Friday sales. I bought mine using a Best Buy gift card I purchased using PC points so it didn’t cost me anything.

just a thought...

I was charged $101 and change.
Interesting!!

I received an email from PayPal which I still have stating that my cc was being charged $89.99.

Last night when I checked my cc online it showed a pending PayPal charge for the same $89.99

Today that pending charge is no longer visible on my online cc statement.

hmmm...I’ll keep you posted!

UPDATE: Yup....$89.99 total

Last edited:

Interesting!!

I received an email from PayPal which I still have stating that my cc was being charged $89.99.

Last night when I checked my cc online it showed a pending PayPal charge for the same $89.99

D35CF9F0-C4CB-45B1-93F5-87CDBBADFA97.jpeg

Interesting. I paid $8.99 and that's what I was charged. No tax. I paid via paypal and am on Google so it was connected to my Google account/android.

You can bet that Kindle Firesticks will be on fire sale price next Friday (Black Friday) on Amazon. No problem loading the Disney+ app on the FS and you wouldn't need another device to cast like Chromecast.

Regarding the price charged for Disney+. A couple of days ago we received the email from our credit card provider (Rogers MC) that Disney+ had charged us $89.99 Canadian dollars.

@iZon - By chance did you sign up for Disney+ somehow using a US address? $69.99USD + State Sales Tax + Exchange could easily work out to $101 Canadian dollars...

We paid via paypal for the month and it was 9.53. That's 8.99 plus 6%, which is PST in SK. So maybe it depends on what province you live in???

We paid via paypal for the month and it was 9.53. That's 8.99 plus 6%, which is PST in SK. So maybe it depends on what province you live in???
That could be. I'm in Ontario and was not charged any tax.

Do you pay tax on Netflix in SK, if you have Netflix? I just checked and my total for Netflix is $9.99/month so it doesn't appear I pay tax on that service either.

That could be. I'm in Ontario and was not charged any tax.

Do you pay tax on Netflix in SK, if you have Netflix? I just checked and my total for Netflix is $9.99/month so it doesn't appear I pay tax on that service either.

It looks like I do pay tax on Netflix. We're on the 13.99 plan and I pay 14.83. That's 6% as well.

Question for those with Disney plus. My son purchased it for the year. He has his daughter half time and she will use it as well. He said that he read that Disney has it so you can't share your password to let others use it and is concerned that when she goes to her mothers she will no longer have access. Anyone know if it is true that you can't share your password? I don't know how they would know if you did but I'm not that literate on these things.

Question for those with Disney plus. My son purchased it for the year. He has his daughter half time and she will use it as well. He said that he read that Disney has it so you can't share your password to let others use it and is concerned that when she goes to her mothers she will no longer have access. Anyone know if it is true that you can't share your password? I don't know how they would know if you did but I'm not that literate on these things.

You can have up to 10 devices connected and 4 streaming at the same time so it'll be fine.

Interesting!!

UPDATE: Yup....$89.99 total

View attachment 453985

Put me down as also in Ontario and charged $89.99. I had put aside $100 to pay for it and was surprised when it was posted as $89.99, not complaining though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!