Disney World: How often/how long do you stay?

Once or twice a year and we try to go for at least 10 days. We've stayed as long as 30 days in the past.

How often do you go to Disney World? How often do you stay each trip? (Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I know my question isn't an attraction or strategy, but I didn't really know where to post this.)

We have been going every 12-13 months now for 2 years ( was 11 year between the last trip before that).. we went for 11 then 13 and the next trip will be 14 days.

we used to always go for 5 days and this year we decided 5 was too short, so we stayed for 7.

For MY family, 7 was too long. My husband is not a planner, and I am. So we clashed quite a bit this trip. :(

I could handle 7-10 days if it was organized and planned. This last 7 days of just go with the flow was too much for me. I feel like we missed out on so much and by the end, I was just ready to go home.
Dont get me wrong, I still had a good time. but next time, we will either go with 5 days again, or I will leave DH at home. :rotfl2::rotfl:

We say we will go every 2 years but the years we try to take off we end up going anyways.

So typically trips are every year 11 months apart to take advantage of DVC anual passes.

Travel is expensive so we want to get the most bang for the buck so our trips are 14 - 19 days.

It seems that I go maybe once every couple years or so, where we stay at the Disney resorts for maybe 5 nights with 3 days at the park. I don't go as much as I want for as long as I want, but it's still a wonderful time.

I like an 8-9 day trip. First and last are semi-lost to travel.
Although, my favorite memories for a trip came from a 4 nighter I set up with my kids to celebrate my b'day a few years back.

Frequency depends on the year. We're DVC so some years we have plenty of points to book nights, other years we're point-poor and need to wait. :) Try to time our stays with special events such as graduations and sweet 16s ;)

We generally go about every 2-3 years. It just kind of depends on what else is going on in our lives, if they have any special deals going on, etc.

Generally we stay one week, but our last trip (in May) we were only there 4 days. We were there specifically for Star Wars weekend to meet up with someone else. Also, I took a 3 day trip in September with my brother (adult) but not my husband and kids...that was a very unusual situation (for us) though.

we usually go at least 2 times per year for 10-11 days, sometimes we will try to squeeze in a couple of smaller trips in between. also, we have dvc annual passes, so I like to try and get my money's worth :)

We been in 2007, 2008, and just returned.

2007, we stayed a week with 6 days in the parks
2008, My son and I stayed 6 days with 5 days in the parks
This year we were there from Nov.27-Dec.6th and had 8 days in the parks.

Looking to return in the next two-three years :)

We've been going every year ... and are going again in May.

We stay for a week, off-site.

We're going to take a break in 2014, though. Hubby wants a beach vacation for a change! In return, I get to plan a Christmas trip for 2015!!! :love:

I have always wanted to go to Disney in December! So I think that's a pretty fair trade. ;)

Nice days was our standard trip, for years. This year we did a one week trip, and it seemed about right. After 11 years as DVC owners and close to 30 trips, I guess we are a little burnt out.

In 2013, the plan is a week at Oceanside CA, then five nights at VGC. We haven't seen World of Color, so that is something new to look forward to!

since 1993, stay on site between 7-10 nights.

the past 2 years have stayed 8 nights/9 days.

some years have made additional trips there.

A few week long trips when we were living in Florida. Now once a year hopefully. We have 7 nights coming up.

Our first trip was 7 days and we wanted more badly. Every trip since has been 10-12 days. I cant imagine more than nine months going by without us going down, but i suspect trips may get shorter now that we own DVC. Plus we got the kids with endless sports schedules so its tougher to clear lots of days.

We will be there for 11 nights and hope that is enough time to see everything.
1 day at Animal Kingdom
1 day at Hollywood Studios
2 days at Magic Kingdom including Disney's Very Merry Christmas Party
2 days at Epcot
1 day enjoying our resort, The Wilderness Lodge
2 days to resort hop
1 day at Downtown Disney to see Cirque du Soleil and shop

I went as much as possible when I lived in Central Florida, but then moved back home (PA) and hadn't gone since 2007 until our 2012 trip. Waaaaaay too long!

Well in the process of planning our 2012 trip, we bought DVC sight unseen and planned our trip with that instead. We knew that we wanted to go regularly. Our 2012 trip was 8 nights (split stay 5 nights BLT 1 BR Lake View, 3 nights AKV 1 BR Savannah View).

We planned ahead and bought annual passes for our January 2013 trip, which will be 9 nights. 7 nights at Boardwalk Villas in a 1 BR standard view, plus two nights at "home" Kidani 1 BR Savannah View booked on AP discount.

After this trip, we will be out of points for a while, but our plan is to take a "big" trip every 18 months-2 years... after our upcoming trip, the soonest we will be back is Fall of 2014...maybe for Food and Wine?

Unless we add on more points...:thumbsup2

In an 8 year stretch we were going 2-3 times a year. Once we did 4 trips on an annual pass. Our trips have varied between 3 to 10 park days. Our usual trip has been 6 park days. We would do MK & EPCOT twice and DHS and AK once.

Now that the kids are 17 & 18 and our cars have seen better days, our trips are less frequent. We haven't been since May 2011. I keep the dream alive by DISing and listening to Disney music at work. The hardest part is I have a lot of co-workers that are Disney junkies.

Every 1-2 years, with visits ranging from a week to ten days. I prefer the longer trips! Gives you more time to slow down and relax if you want to!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter