Disney World: How often/how long do you stay?

rainbowdog

Earning My Ears
How often do you go to Disney World? How often do you stay each trip? (Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I know my question isn't an attraction or strategy, but I didn't really know where to post this.)

We go at least once a year (in really great years we sneak a 2nd shorter trip in). We have decided that we enjoy longer trips much more so last year was 10 days and this past summer was 11 days. We drive down from the Northeast to save on the airfare and rental car so we can extend the trip by a little. Anything less than 10 days now seems way to short to us.

How often do you go to Disney World? How often do you stay each trip? (Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I know my question isn't an attraction or strategy, but I didn't really know where to post this.)

We go every 12-18 months and stay anywhere from 7 nights to 10 nights. Our next trip is in June 2014 and Im hoping to stay a full 2 weeks:cool1:

Every 2 years....

If we could afford it i stay for 2 weeks. But we like the deluxe resorts, and the expense it too great. We stay minimum 8 days , 10 if its been a good year.

We find 2 years to be the sweet spot although our kids ages are now 10 and 7 so we are going to try for every year or year and 1/2.

Our goal is every 1-2yrs for 5-8 days. We've been able to accomplish this for the past 4 years.

Have been getting annual passes, so try to go three trips in that year. We usually stay 10 nights. We went for F&G Festival in April (purchased passes), then just got back tonight, after staying 10 nights the last two weeks, also have 10 night trip ressies for April 2013 F&G Festival. That will give us 30 nights on one AP each. After that many days at one time, we are always glad to be back home, and were totally satisfied (the perfect number of nights). ;)

We just got back after a weeks stay. If I had it to do over again I would've stayed 10 days. 7 wasn't enough for me but I think the rest of my party were ready to go home.

We went every few years when I was younger and since my husband and I got married, we've been three times. I'd like to continue to go every few years but my husband and I would very much like to travel to other places and since we have limited means, we only get one or two shorter vacations a year. With those we try to visit somewhere new each time. In 2013 year we're going to Washington DC. When we do go we stay no longer than 7 or 8 days but no shorter than 5.

You can see in my signature how often we do Disneyworld. When we go, though, it's usually for at least 10 days. We like to do each park twice with some break days in the middle.

Once each year, staying 8 days. Wondering when/if our tteens will choose an alternate destination for the off-season trip.

2-3 times per year, staying a week each time. It burns an entire day to fly one way so it's usually 6 days at WDW.

We started going once a year the week of Thanksgiving - Saturday to Saturday but this year we did a short 4 night trip. We thought we would like the 2 short trips instead of one long trip but then decided against it. We just booked our first 2 week trip for Nov. 2013. I am super excited. However, we will have to go back to just the week of Thanksgiving in 2014 due to the lack of vacation days my DH gets at work.

2010 : ten days
2011 : seven days
2012 : ten days
2013 : 6 day, and 9 day WDW/DCL combined (YES TWO TRIPS!!)

Every other year we buy season passes, during that year we go 3-4 times in that year. The most days in a year was 31 days on property. We buy our plane tickets as far out in advance as we can, usually for our family of 4 costs us 800.00 RT from Milwaukee. If we get a studio we do the dining plan, if we get a 1 or 2 BR then we get groceries delivered.

Unfortunately I can only get there once a year for 3 nights or so. I think last year I stayed for four nights. Usually go around Christmastime. But I am grateful for even that short amount of time!

Just got back from my trip last week and booked a flight to tag along with my sister and nieces in January! It will be another short trip (3 days) but I am lucky to be going back again so soon :)

Every other year for about 5 nights. We like to go less to be able to afford a nicer resort.

I have a 10 year old that has been on 7 trips, so we usually go about every year to year and a half. We live in Atlanta, so we don't feel the need to stay a long time like other posters. We usually drive down on Saturday and then drive back on Friday or Saturday. Six full days seems plenty to me and we usually take one of those days off in the middle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!