Disney Wonder

DJP1201

Mouseketeer
We’ve been on the Fantasy, and just booked another trip. This time we will be on the Wonder. If you’ve been on the Wonder would you please give me some info?

We’ve been on the Fantasy, and just booked another trip. This time we will be on the Wonder. If you’ve been on the Wonder would you please give me some info?
The Fantasy is my least favorite ship and the Wonder is my favorite. I like the more intimate feel of the smaller ships. It seems you get to know people better and it just seemed more relaxing to me. I also loved Tiana's Place and I think Frozen is probably my favorite show on all of the ships.

We've been on the Wonder twice and the Fantasy twice. I also like the Wonder more than the Fantasy. I love all of the Disney shows on the Wonder. They don't do the Crush show at the AP restaurant on the Wonder. The show they do on the Wonder is so much better. Also the food area around the pools is better and they have more choices. You'll have a great time. We always get OV cabins. They are bigger on the Wonder and have more storage cabinets than the OV's on the Fantasy. Don't know about the other types of cabins.

Been on the Magic, Wonder and Fantasy...have found them all great for different reasons...shows, size, imagineering, etc. The motivation for us to do a DCL cruise is the destination, ports and excursions...the longer, the better. I can't wait for the new ships to see what magical, creative experiences they have in store...beyond realistic portholes in inside staterooms, animated pictures in the halls, musical horns (perhaps an entire symphony), etc.

The Wonder is a lovely ship like all of them are. We've enjoyed the family game shows more on the classics than on the Dream class ships. The biggest drawbacks of the Wonder for us were no Aqua Duck and no Disney on-demand programming in the stateroom. They run Disney programming in the stateroom on a loop, but that just wasn't the same as choosing what we wanted to watch when we wanted to watch it, as we do like to relax in the stateroom for a few hours each day. But it was still a wonderful cruise. In addition to the amazing Alaskan scenery and ports, we liked doing Anna's Chocolate Chase, and meeting Tiana. We also like Animator's Palate better on the classics.

Last edited:

The Fantasy is my least favorite ship and the Wonder is my favorite. I like the more intimate feel of the smaller ships. It seems you get to know people better and it just seemed more relaxing to me. I also loved Tiana's Place and I think Frozen is probably my favorite show on all of the ships.

Those are my thoughts exactly!

Also - SHWARMA!!!! Oh my goodness, we get one every single day when we are onboard the Wonder!

We love the Wonder and have taken many cruises on this ship. The size of the ship is just right for the amount of passengers and things to do on board. Our trips on the Fantasy have been memorable: once with rough seas for 2 days and once riding out Hurricane Sandy. I'll take the Wonder and the long voyages over the Fantasy any day. Haven't been on the Dream because of the short cruises.

Last edited:
Last edited:

I've been on the Dream (Sister ship to the Fantasy). And then on the Wonder.

The Wonder is cute but we found it to be very small and cramped (with ridiculously tiny elevators) with a little less activities to do (no mini-golf, etc.) and only Palo (vs Remy and Palo on the Dream)...

However, they have a larger Quiet Cove (adults only) and Tiana's Place is, in my opinion, the most fun MDR out of the six MDR I've experienced... And Frozen is my favorite show.

There was no Shawarma when we sailed on the Wonder in 2017 and I'll never get over it. :mad:

Whaaa??? I thought it was added in dry dock? Our first cruise was on the Wonder in 2015 and no, it was not there. Next time we were on the Wonder was our 3rd cruise, August 2017, and that was the first time we tried Shwarma there.

Whaaa??? I thought it was added in dry dock? Our first cruise was on the Wonder in 2015 and no, it was not there. Next time we were on the Wonder was our 3rd cruise, August 2017, and that was the first time we tried Shwarma there.

We sailed a few weeks after the dry dock and I believe it was added after we went on our cruise. We love that type of food so we were obviously dissapointed we missed it.

Thanks for the feedback. I’m loving all of the positive reviews. What is the Art of the Theme Show Tour?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter