Disney Wonder May 21, 2018 Alaska Inside Passage

Pumba's Dad

Mouseketeer
Just booked this cruise. It will be dw, ds (22), and myself. We are excited as this is our 3rd trip to Alaska. Who else has booked?

Just booked this cruise. It will be dw, ds (22), and myself. We are excited as this is our 3rd trip to Alaska. Who else has booked?
Be sure to post a request to have your link added to the Wonder 2018 thread. Makes it easier for others to find the thread.

I'll be on this cruise too, My ds will only be 9 on the ship

Welcome adSimba. Have you been planning your trip like we are? :) We're currently planning on hitting Disneyland on the way back home after the cruise. This will be our first time there.

Lol, I guess I must be since I bought opening day. I'm planning on this being my prize for finishing my Masters degree:thumbsup2. Even though it's my first cruise, my darn study habits have caused me to get pages and pages of insider tips:earboy2:.

I used to live in martinsville VA, near the speedway, kind of, I never made it to North Carolina some how though....

Hello, hello! We booked the 5-night SD to Vancouver cruise right before this, with this Alaska cruise as a B2B. This will be our family's 3rd (and 4th) cruise on DCL. Our DS will be 5. We'll be joined (in another stateroom) by my DF! He went to Alaska on Carnival 4 years ago, and while he loved Alaska, he never wants to go on Carnival again. We've been planning this trip for over 2 years now! Last year, we downgraded our home, and I set aside enough from the proceeds to book 2 Disney cruises. I was hoping to take one of them this year, but it's just not in the cards for us.

So far, this is our plan. We drive to the airport in Las Vegas, fly to San Diego, take a shuttle to the port. Take the 5-night cruise to Vancouver. Take the 7-night cruise through Alaska. Tour Vancouver the day of debarkation, and stay the night. Early the next morning, take the Amtrak Cascades train to Seattle. My DBIL lives there, and we've never visited, so we'll stay with him one night before catching a flight back to Las Vegas and then drive home from there. A nice, long 2-week vacation. I know it's still more than a year out, but now that's it's booked, it feels closer than ever!

A few things we want to do is a lumberjack show, a railroad trip, and Taku Lodge excursion (I don't remember exactly what it's called). And TWO Palo brunches. It's been over 3 years since my last brunch there, and it is my happy place.

A pre-cruise warning for this sailing....
  • Expect hotel prices to be higher as it's a local long weekend. It may be too early to book now... but come this summer... start locking in low prices before they go up.
  • Local attractions will be busier too on that weekend. Vancouver is best explored post-cruise on weekdays.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip! As we're debarking on Memorial Day, I'm assuming hotels won't be too hard to find Monday night, as most people will have returned home by then for Tuesday work/school. But yeah, it will probably be really busy at the popular tourist attractions.

I didn't mention that 2018 will be our 10 year wedding anniversary. We never do much for our anniversary, so this will be essentially 10 years worth of celebrating, lol. (If I could go on a cruise every year, I would!)

DH and I will be on this cruise.....we've been to Alaska on HAL in 2005, but it's just so beautiful, can't resist another cruise now that DCL runs there. We will see two areas we haven't seen, so are looking forward to the cruise. It will be cruise #9, 8 of which were on DCL.

Editing my original post to add that after having just gotten off the Panama Canal cruise (first cruise ship through the new locks), we decided to book the 5 day just before this so we can be on the ship longer.

Last edited:
Going on first trip to Alaska on this cruise. (7th Disney Cruise but 1st to Alaska) Any tips on the weather that time of year; just so I don't pack the kitchen sink.:thanks:

It will be dry in Alaska, but may be wet in Vancouver. If using the cab.... tip the driver to go along Cambie to watch the cherry blossoms to/from the airport.

So excited! We just booked this cruise today! It'll be myself, DH, DD (14), and DS (11). We set sail the day after our 18th Wedding Anniversary, so this will be a wonderful way to celebrate!

This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise and our first time on the Wonder. We've only ever been on the Fantasy, so we're looking forward to a totally new experience! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to follow along as this thread grows.popcorn::

Greetings. New to the board. This will be the 6th DCL cruise for DD (25 at time of cruise) and me, but our first on the Wonder, and will complete our DCL grand slam. It will be the 2nd DCL cruise for DS (20 at time of cruise) and first for DH. Celebrating, among other things, 30th wedding anniversary -- which is how I convinced DH to cruise.

A pre-cruise warning for this sailing....
  • Expect hotel prices to be higher as it's a local long weekend. It may be too early to book now... but come this summer... start locking in low prices before they go up.
  • Local attractions will be busier too on that weekend. Vancouver is best explored post-cruise on weekdays.
Thanks for the reminder about Victoria Day.

Hello! We are booked on this cruise...it will be our second DCL cruise (our first one is coming up in November - on the Dream to the Bahamas). It will be me, DH, and our daughter (12). Looking forward to it!

Well my daughter got jealous that her brother was going with us and decided to join the fun. So as of now it's four of us in 2 cabins.. :) Counting down the days.

Hello all, my family booked on the first day. It will be my husband, son, mil, and myself. This will be me and my husbands 4 th cruise while my son and mil 3rd. If it is cold I will be the one wrapped in blankets on the deck, maybe after going in the hot tub.

Just reading a few navigators from the first sailing this year. Weather rangers from 40° to 65° and sunny/cloudy/rainy. Usual Alaska sailing weather :dogdance:

We've been planning and purchasing items already. A fleece lined rain coat and a fleece lined jacket. Probably a few sweat shirts and that should be enough to keep us warm in layers. Then on the way home, hitting Disneyland for a few days, so we might need a small uhaul sized suitcase for all the different types of clothing on this trip..

Welcome to all the new Families that have joined. Hope to see you all on board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!