Disney Visa credit card offer

You can always add tickets to any discount promo. The discount is only applied the room portion of the package. Unless the promo specifically says a ticket discount is included. However, it won’t matter if you have a room only or a package booked. If a discount is offered for your dates, the resort & room type will need to be available for a new booking or you won’t be able to apply it to your reservation anyway. You may have to change resorts or room type to take advantage of any discount.

And unfortunately, most of October has been excluded from discounts for several years now. No idea what will happen this year, but just a little heads up.

The reason I ask is because if you look at the promo rates they do not apply to packages.

1650732465523.png

I already have a package and my fear is, if a discount comes out for room only, I won't be able to modify my reservation to get the discount. I've never tried to add a RO discount to a package before so I'm not sure if it works. I have added new discounts to RO reservations many times.

If you can modify a package to RO + tickets, fantastic, I'll do that. I just don't know if that is possible. Never tried before.

The reason I ask is because if you look at the promo rates they do not apply to packages.

View attachment 664409

I already have a package and my fear is, if a discount comes out for room only, I won't be able to modify my reservation to get the discount. I've never tried to add a RO discount to a package before so I'm not sure if it works. I have added new discounts to RO reservations many times.

If you can modify a package to RO + tickets, fantastic, I'll do that. I just don't know if that is possible. Never tried before.

My understanding has always been, package & room booking are 2 different systems. So technically no, you can’t modify one to the other. I was just pointing out that you can make a package with the discount. You only get a discount on the room portion of the package tho. Tickets would still be full price.

But yes, it does apply to packages even tho it says room only. It just means the discount is only applied to the room portion. Ex: I called to book for the Disney Visa because it wasn’t available online yet. I was asked if I wanted to add tickets. And I had to confirm 3 times that yes, I wanted a room only reservation & did NOT want a package. Packages are the default now it seems. The CM pointed out twice that I would be missing out on the “magical extras”. Which are worthless to us anyway. The CM actually had to look for the code for a room only booking because she only had the package code at hand.

If you click that special offer button & start to make a fake booking, you will see that the next page after you pick the room is a page that automatically adds tickets. You have to specifically remove them & pick NO TICKETS or they are added.

And again, it doesn’t matter if you have a room or package already booked. The room you already have would need to be available for a new booking in order to modify an existing reservation anyway. So even if it doesn’t let you modify, you could just make a new booking & cancel the original one. Yes you would need a new deposit, but it would still be the same $200 that you paid on your original package. So that would be a wash anyway. I haven’t done it, but if you need a new discount promo as a package right from the beginning, it will probably let you modify your existing reservation.

Last edited:
C952200C-857A-46F4-8BED-1843B18FBFBE.png

Here’s what I am talking about. When you add the room to the cart, it automatically adds tickets. This is a screen shot of the Disney + offer.

View attachment 664419

Here’s what I am talking about. When you add the room to the cart, it automatically adds tickets. This is a screen shot of the Disney + offer.
Select the “No ticket” option. Or, if you want tickets, choose the one you want. The Disney+ offer does not include a ticket discount, so the ticket portion is going to be the same amount regardless. Unless you booked your prior package before a ticket price increase, then you would pay the new amount. Also, if you add on Genie+ to tickets purchase before a price increase (for the length of your tickets), it will add on the difference in the cost.

Select the “No ticket” option. Or, if you want tickets, choose the one you want. The Disney+ offer does not include a ticket discount, so the ticket portion is going to be the same amount regardless. Unless you booked your prior package before a ticket price increase, then you would pay the new amount. Also, if you add on Genie+ to tickets purchase before a price increase (for the length of your tickets), it will add on the difference in the cost.

I know. I was answering PP who thought discounts would not be available for packages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter