Disney Visa Card Discounts

fbarker

DIS Veteran
I am not sure but I thought i read that you can get between 15% 20% discount on resort reservations if you use your Disney Visa Credit Card. I can't seem to confirm this anywhere so I am asking if my understanding it correct. We are planning to got to WDW at the end of March 2016, yes the height of Spring breaks and Easter weekend but its the only time we can go since my wife is a teacher. I see that there is Early 2016 Discount Offer and I am just wondering it this is the best current deal. So a two part question : Is the Early 2016 Discount Offer the best current offer and is there a discount to use your Disney Credit Card to pay for the vacation. Thanks for your help

When I called last week, there was no current Disney Visa offer for reservations. The CM checked my unique offer code from a mailing I received, the Early 2016 offer, and the Disney Jr offer for us. They all came out the same. We booked the Disney Jr offer because we get a free cinch sack of Disney Jr items (coloring pages, apple sauce, and I forget what else she said) since my kids are 2 and 5 so anything Disney Jr is a bonus:) I was told if a cardholder offer came available and it was better then what I booked I could call and have it switched. If you pay with your card you do get the % in rewards as well as 6 months to pay it off.

Looks like there may be some kind of current offer (through Dec) for Disneyland. Here is the info for WDW perks from Chase's site.

Perks_at_Walt_Disney_World®_Resort
&lpos=/vacation-perks/accordion/">
Perks at Walt Disney World® Resort
Remember, even though you might have your Disney Visa® Card linked to a MagicBand or RF-enabled card, you will still need to present your Disney Visa Card at the Cardmember Character Meet ‘N’ Greet and use it for purchases to receive your Cardmember perks throughout your stay.

Check DisneyWorld.com for the latest Park information, like Park hours.

Also don’t miss these helpful vacation tips from a Disney Parks Moms Panelist, and discover how to get more out of your Disney Visa® Card during a visit to a Disney Park.
  • Character Meet 'N' Greet at our Private Cardmember Location6
    At Walt Disney World® Resort, stop by our private location–reserved just for Cardmembers–to meet and pose with some of your favorite Disney Characters.

Just present your Disney Visa Card to enter this exclusive event, offered daily 1pm to 7pm at Innoventions West at Epcot®.
  • Star Wars™ Imperial Meet ‘N’ Greet6
    Feel the power of the Force at the Star Wars™ Imperial Meet ‘N’ Greet at our private Cardmember location at Disney’s Hollywood Studios® starting early 2016.
  • 10% Off Select Merchandise7
    Receive 10% off select merchandise purchases of $50 or more at select locations at Walt Disney World® Resort.

You can enjoy this discount any time during normal Theme Park hours. Just use your valid Disney Visa Card or Disney Rewards® Redemption Card and mention this offer.
  • 10% Off Select Dining Locations8
    Receive 10% off select dining locations most days at Walt Disney World® Resort (restrictions may apply). Just use your Disney Visa Card or Disney Rewards Redemption Card at the locations below and mention this offer to receive the discount.

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and Villas:
    • Boma
    • Jiko (see restrictions)
    • Sanaa
    Disney's BoardWalk Inn and Villas:
    • ESPN Sports Club
    • Flying Fish Cafe (see restrictions)
    Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort:
    • Shutters at Old Port Royale
    Disney's Contemporary Resort:
    • The Wave
    Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground:
    • Trail's End Restaurant
    Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa:
    • Citricos (see restrictions)
    • Grand Floridian Cafe
    Disney's Old Key West Resort:
    • Olivia's Cafe
    Disney's Port Orleans Resort:
    • Boatwright's Dining Hall
    Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa:
    • The Turf Club Bar and Grill
    Disney's Wilderness Lodge:
    • Artist Point (see restrictions)
    • Whispering Canyon Cafe
    Disney's Yacht Club Resort:
    • Captain's Grille
    Disney's Hollywood Studios®:
    • The Hollywood Brown Derby (see restrictions)
    • Hollywood & Vine (see restrictions)
    Epcot®:
    • Biergarten Restaurant (see restrictions)
  • 15% Off Select Guided Tours9
    Receive 15% off the non-discounted price of select guided tours at Walt Disney World® Resort. Just use your valid Disney Visa Card or Disney Rewards Redemption Card and mention this offer.

Guided tours include:

Magic Kingdom® Park
    • Disney's Family Magic Tour
    • Disney's Keys to the Kingdom Tour
    • Disney's The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour
    • Walt Disney: Marceline to Magic Kingdom® Tour

Epcot®
    • Gardens of the World (offered seasonally)
    • The UnDISCOVERed Future World
    • Disney's Dolphins in Depth
    • Epcot® DiveQuest
    • Epcot® Seas Aqua Tour
    • Behind the Seeds

Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
    • Backstage Tales

Multiple Theme Parks, Backstage Areas and Resort Hotels:
    • Ultimate Day at Star Wars™ Weekend VIP Tour
    • Ultimate Day of Thrills VIP Tour
    • Ultimate Day for Young Families VIP Tour
    • Ultimate Day at Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival
    • Backstage Magic
    • Disney's Holiday D-Lights Tour (offered seasonally)
    • Disney's Yuletide Fantasy (offered seasonally)
    • Wilderness Back Trail Adventure
    Discounts are not available on the following tours at Walt Disney World® Resort: VIP tours, programs exclusive to groups, group team building programs.
  • 10% Off Select Recreation Experiences9
    Receive 10% off the non-discounted price of select recreation experiences at Walt Disney World® Resort. Just use your valid Disney Visa Card or Disney Rewards Redemption Card and mention this offer.

Recreation experiences include:
    • Carriage Rides at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
    • Horseback Trail Rides at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
  • 15% Off at Select Spa and Salon Locations10
    15% off the non-discounted price of any salon treatment valued at $45 or greater or any 50-minute or longer spa service most days at the spas and salons at Walt Disney World® Resort listed below:

Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
    • Senses—A Disney Spa LIC MM30134
    • Ivy Trellis Salon
    Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
    • Senses—A Disney Spa LIC MM31094
    Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and Villas
    • Zahanati Massage & Fitness Center LIC MM30234
    Disney’s Contemporary Resort
    • Olympiad Fitness Center LIC MM30235
    Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
    • La Vida Health Club LIC MM30230
    • Casa de Belleza Salon
    Disney's Wilderness Lodge
    • Sturdy Branches Health Club LIC MM30233
    Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
    • Ship Shape Massage Salon Fitness LIC MM30232

You don't get a discount just for using the card for a reservation. There has to be a promotion available and it is only for specific dates. Usually the promotion is the same one coming out for the general public, just a few days earlier.

One of the perks of the Card is that if you are booking a PACKAGE (tickets plus room) then you can get zero percent financing for 6 months (I think it was 6 months). It's been a couple years since I've done this, so be sure to ask for the current policies.

Another nice perk is at EPCOT's Innoventions there is a private M&G for Disney VISA holders......last year it included a free photo, but again, verify the current details. You simply have to show your card. Characters we have met were always 2 of the Fab Five.

I am not sure but I thought i read that you can get between 15% 20% discount on resort reservations if you use your Disney Visa Credit Card. I can't seem to confirm this anywhere so I am asking if my understanding it correct. We are planning to got to WDW at the end of March 2016, yes the height of Spring breaks and Easter weekend but its the only time we can go since my wife is a teacher. I see that there is Early 2016 Discount Offer and I am just wondering it this is the best current deal. So a two part question : Is the Early 2016 Discount Offer the best current offer and is there a discount to use your Disney Credit Card to pay for the vacation. Thanks for your help

As StitchesGr8Fan posted, the Disney Visa offer is the same as the general public offer, just released a few days earlier. I was able to make reservations for 2 trips for 2016 using the Disney Visa offer. I have no idea if the Disney Visa offer is still available or not. The only way I found out about it was by following these boards.

I kept our reservation for the first week of April for BWI because I got 25% off. I wasn't happy with our other reservation for the first week of February at Grand Floridian because it was only 15% off. I later cancelled that reservation because I was able to go through Orbitz and ended up with 30% off for the same room category because Orbitz was offering the room at the 15% discount and then I was able to "stack" another Orbitz 48 hour sale 15% discount on top.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter