Disney Visa-Anybody else have this happen?

My rewards balance at end of year was $40.68 and today = $53.07
Reward dollars do expire unless transferred to a Rewards Redemption Card. I think it’s 3 years from statement in which the rewards are earned.

New reward dollars are only credited on your statement date. If i made a purchase today (3/7) the related reward is not earned until my statement date of 3/21. However you should be able to see the rewards you will earn for each transaction, online click on the arrow to the right of the transaction for the details.

....paying DVC dues have always been eligible for reward dollars in past years

Yes, DVC dues have qualified for rewards on a Disney Visa card, and counted as a "Disney location" purchase when calculating rewards on the Premium Disney Visa card, and as far as I can tell, they still do.

In the Disney Rewards Dollars section of last month's Disney Visa statement (when I had only 1 Disney-related expense), the amount listed for "2% Earn on purchases at Disney locations" is exactly 2% of the amount I paid in DVC dues.

Yes, DVC dues have qualified for rewards on a Disney Visa card, and counted as a "Disney location" purchase when calculating rewards on the Premium Disney Visa card, and as far as I can tell, they still do.

In the Disney Rewards Dollars section of last month's Disney Visa statement (when I had only 1 Disney-related expense), the amount listed for "2% Earn on purchases at Disney locations" is exactly 2% of the amount I paid in DVC dues.
Yes that was exactly the same things for me. I definitely earned 2% on my DVC dues but they didn’t roll over to interest free section which they have always done.

Yes that was exactly the same things for me. I definitely earned 2% on my DVC dues but they didn’t roll over to interest free section which they have always done.
I've always earned rewards for DVC dues but it's never been included in the 0% APR 6-month interest-free promotion. Same for spending at the parks or on a cruise. I earned Disney rewards but those purchases aren't included in the interest-free promotion.

So, I paid my final payment for my Greece cruise (knowing it would probably get cancelled, but I wanted the 125% so I can hopefully book for 2022). I put it on my Disney Visa, but when I received my statement, I was not given the 6 months 0% financing. I called Chase, and they said that they don't code it, Disney must have coded it wrong so I'd have to call Disney. I called Disney and they said that there isn't any "coding", that I would have to escalate things with Chase. I called Chase again, the agent I spoke to didn't even seem to have a clue that this promotion exists so I had to find it for them on the website. They said that once the charge is in, they can't change it, that I'd have to have Disney do it. So, next call to Disney I asked directly for their billing department. Of course they are only open 9-5 Eastern time. So, after being on hold forever and getting the run around over and over, I still don't have an answer to why this happened. (I have booked at least 10 cruises and many WDW vacations using my Disney Visa over the years and never have had an issue).
Did you pay any of it some other way? Even if it was $5 it wouldn’t trigger the 6% because I believe you have to pay the entire vacation with the card in order to get it to trigger the 6 months no interest special.

I believe you have to pay the entire vacation with the card in order to get it to trigger the 6 months no interest special.
No that’s never been true. Each payment is handled independently and qualifies for it’s own no-interest 6-month period. That can be just the deposit, just final payment, and/or any payment over $100.

Chase definitely has something going on. There are reports on the Budget board of not getting the financing offer on packages. Seems like something in their system.

Did you pay any of it some other way? Even if it was $5 it wouldn’t trigger the 6% because I believe you have to pay the entire vacation with the card in order to get it to trigger the 6 months no interest special.
I’ve had the card for over 15 years. ANY Disney product ... DVC dues, deposits on cruise or vacation packages (paid in full or partially) always generates 2% rewards And rolls over to interest free 6 months. This is the first time I haven’t had it go to the 6 month no interest. Sounds like it’s all over the place with what’s happening to individuals.

I am glad to find this thread as I am currently dealing with this problem. I used the Disney Premier Visa to pay for the $200 deposit on a travel package. But didn't receive the 6 month interest free. After speaking to 4 different agents, the last agent informed me that there is a known system error and that any accrued interest would be waived if I call them back. I still have a couple months left until I need to pay off my trip. Hopefully the error is fixed by then....

I am having the same issue with a PIF for a WDW vacation so it's not just the cruise side.

The Chase employee gave me the "It's Disney's fault" and threw me into the WDW queue which is over an hour long. That makes no sense because if it's a known issue as others have reported being told, their phone agents should dang well know about it.

Paying this vacation off and then never using the card again. I only used it for the 6 Mo 0%.

I just ended up paying it off because I was tired of all of the phone calls and everybody acting like they had no idea what was going on. It just wasn't worth my time. This has definitely made me have a very unfavorable opinion of Chase.

That's unfortunate I was going to use it on a deposit tomorrow. I figure in 6 months I'll have a better idea about cruising. Of, course I said the same thing six months ago. I'm going to WDW next month and owe taxes so I'm really not in the mood to fork over another thousand or two on something I may not want to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts