Disney Very Merriest After Hours Party just announced!

…How is that a perk?

They literally said it lol they don't like having people sitting on curbs holding spots. It was quite annoying trying to enter/exit when everyone is lined up for a parade and the road is roped off but it's a minor inconvenience to me and it probably is worth it for the amount of people it soaks who would otherwise be in line for attractions.

An increase over $199 pp for 3 hours? thats going to go over well.

$199 was the highest price for Boo Bash, there were less pricey dates. I don't know that it will increase, just assuming since they are offering more, they will charge more. Maybe they'll surprise me.There will be some that complain about the price, but whatever it is, there will be enough happy to pay it. It's not a have to do thing. IF they continue showing the regular fireworks at regular closing it costs no one anything if they choose not to buy. Disney will charge what they think the market will bear as they should- whether I personally like it or not.

I have to admit I'm nervous about the ticket prices. We arrive at WDW on December 21st. Based on the announcement that may be the last night the party is offered, and so our only option. My DDs want to go, but $199+ per person? I think it might be a better option for us to use that $ for (cheaper) hoppers, than the party tickets. We are staying at WL, so could benefit if they offer EMH at another park on party nights.

Granted, I'm just assuming the price based on Boo Bash. But weighing pros and cons now, to decide what my proverbial line in the sand will be on pricing.

I have to admit I'm nervous about the ticket prices. We arrive at WDW on December 21st. Based on the announcement that may be the last night the party is offered, and so our only option. My DDs want to go, but $199+ per person? I think it might be a better option for us to use that $ for (cheaper) hoppers, than the party tickets. We are staying at WL, so could benefit if they offer EMH at another park on party nights.

Granted, I'm just assuming the price based on Boo Bash. But weighing pros and cons now, to decide what my proverbial line in the sand will be on pricing.

I think at the very least, you can expect similar pricing, but I really think they'll increase it- maybe not for the highest prices, but less popular dates might increase. It would seem a little difficult to push that $200+ mark, but I never rule out Disney raising the bar.

Reactions: cm8
So true, they have clearly drank the Disney Kool-Aid and believe Disney can do no wrong here

That is quite common. Attack people, defend a theme park...the Disney Apologist way. Disney is not the company it used to be. They used to be all about family and experience. Now they are about money and agendas. Not to mention they are beginning to move towards being for the rich.

That is quite common. Attack people, defend a theme park...the Disney Apologist way. Disney is not the company it used to be. They used to be all about family and experience. Now they are about money and agendas. Not to mention they are beginning to move towards being for the rich.

Very curious as to what you’re referencing here.

They moved towards catering to a much more elite customer a long time ago.

They moved towards catering to a much more elite customer a long time ago.

Has it ever *not* been an expensive place to go? Staying at a Disney resort has never been a cheap thing to do. Going for any prolonged period of time (more than, say, 2 days) has never been cheap. Working class and even lower middle class families have never been able to easily go to Disney. It’s always been a stretch or something many families have simply never been able to do.

That said, there remain ways of making the parks less expensive. You can stay off-site. You can use Disney gift cards. You can bring in your own food/eat breakfast where you’re staying. You can drive there rather than flying. Lots of people with widely varying budgets have been able to make a Disney vacation work for them. You simply need to be a little creative about it.

If you’re sensing that Disney is getting to be less affordable, that’s probably because household incomes have not risen by all that much since the 1970s. Median household income has gone up by about 8 times since 1971. In contrast, a one-day ticket to Disney World has gone up by 35 times.

The reasons for the lack of wage increases are obviously very political and not something we should be getting into here, but suffice it to say it goes well beyond what Disney can control.

Last edited:
You are not wrong in any of this. Disney is very much an agenda driven company and a bit too political these days. And yes, they are getting to be pricey...which is perfectly fine, no issues with how they price things, other than when they increase prices but provide less and less each year. If they want to be more expensive then they can but they should keep service levels and experiences the same or add more, not take away.

I think at the very least, you can expect similar pricing, but I really think they'll increase it- maybe not for the highest prices, but less popular dates might increase. It would seem a little difficult to push that $200+ mark, but I never rule out Disney raising the bar.

Being that the 21st is listed as the last party night before Christmas (at the moment), I would bet it would be along the price of Boo Bash on Halloween. So $199+ makes sense. I could swing it financially, but I don't think I can mentally. Like an average person - I have a budget - so spending more on a party, would be reducing my budget somewhere else.

Being that the 21st is listed as the last party night before Christmas (at the moment), I would bet it would be along the price of Boo Bash on Halloween. So $199+ makes sense. I could swing it financially, but I don't think I can mentally. Like an average person - I have a budget - so spending more on a party, would be reducing my budget somewhere else.
Its just tough to commit to a party when we dont know what else they will be offering. We always pair the party with a dessert party at Tomorrowland Terrace, and usually do another party night on the trip. So usually 2 MVMCP nights....but this new one seems limited and more expensive with less offerings.... sad day..

Its just tough to commit to a party when we dont know what else they will be offering. We always pair the party with a dessert party at Tomorrowland Terrace, and usually do another party night on the trip. So usually 2 MVMCP nights....but this new one seems limited and more expensive with less offerings.... sad day..

Agree. We are staying at WL. If we had a choice between a Christmas party at MK, or extended evening hours at AK - we would want the extended evening hours at AK. Not just to save $, but to see Pandora at night.

Not knowing park hours, more information on the extra evening hours, or anything - makes it hard to know what we want.

I do miss knowing more information further out than 60 days.

Agree. We are staying at WL. If we had a choice between a Christmas party at MK, or extended evening hours at AK - we would want the extended evening hours at AK. Not just to save $, but to see Pandora at night.

Not knowing park hours, more information on the extra evening hours, or anything - makes it hard to know what we want.

I do miss knowing more information further out than 60 days.
I am not a huge fan of FOP or NRJ, but Pandora at night is freaking amazing.

But yes, planning is much more difficult these days due to the lack of information Disney is disclosing.

But yes, planning is much more difficult these days due to the lack of information Disney is disclosing.

The last time I was at WDW was 2013, so no Pandora, FOP or NRJ experience for me.

My DDs went to WDW in March 2020 with their school orchestra - but weren't able to see Pandora at night, due to orchestra commitments. So that is high on their wish list.

I think we are upset about first world problems here. I for one am grateful to even be discussing Disney events happening on any level. Yes, it isn't the same but, at least we have it and things have opened up. My favorite thing about Disney World is atmosphere especially during the holidays. Last year we went and had to wear masks. I am thrilled to be able to once again see smiles on the faces of other guests and breath in the scents of the season. It is going to be thrilling for anyone who gets to go this holiday season. To celebrate Christmas with holiday events, fireworks again and everything new.

Agreed. I prefer Pandora at night. I cannot wait to bring my family as they have never been to Disney World. My mom is mostly looking forward to going to Animal Kingdom. I am also bringing my nephew and my little granddaughters. I plan on filming them a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter