"Disney through the Years" January Exercise Challenge

Good morning, and congratulations to our first color changers:

:stitch:sophy1996 and kathleen27 have reached bouncing blue!! :stitch:

I'm adding 15 minutes myself, for 30/465,

and the team is at 6% (637/11,325).

We're skipping 1936, because Walt was awfully busy with a new baby daughter and a trip to Europe, but we have two important releases for 1937:

The Old Mill - the first animated short to use the multi-plane camera, and
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs - the first feature-length animated film.

Here's a clip of Walt himself explaining the camera:

Last edited:

Good Morning, and Happy Wednesday! We're halfway through our fist week, and we already have two more color changes:

:stitch:Congratulations to Saphire5742 and princessbee on reaching bouncing blue!! :stitch:

We're up to 1938 in our Disney "New-This-Year" list, and the highlighted release is Ferdinand the Bull, which won an Oscar for "Best Short Subject, Cartoons":

Good Morning, and Happy Wednesday! We're halfway through our fist week, and we already have two more color changes:

:stitch:Congratulations to Saphire5742 and princessbee on reaching bouncing blue!! :stitch:

We're up to 1938 in our Disney "New-This-Year" list, and the highlighted release is Ferdinand the Bull, which won an Oscar for "Best Short Subject, Cartoons":

My computer is having trouble playing videos right now, so I will have to try again later. I am sooooo excited to see this, though, because Ferdinand was one of my favorite read-alouds when my daughter was much younger. It's a sweet story, and this makes me want to read it again. I had no idea Disney did anything with it. Thanks for posting, PollyannaMom!

Happy Thursday!

20 minutes for me, for 50/465, and the team stands at 11% (1,439/12,540).

I am happy report 4 :rainbow:color changes this morning:

TwilightSparkle
scdak
PollyannaMom (me)

and Team January!!

:sulley:Congratulations everyone!!!:sulley:

We're up to 1940 (because I didn't realize there was no 1939 in my list) with two new feature-length animated films released:

Pinocchio and :smickey: Fantasia

Here is some info from http://www.filmsite.org/fant.html on Fantasia:

Fantasia (1940), a Disney animated feature-length "concert" film milestone, is an experimental film integrating eight magnificent classical musical compositions with enchanting, exhilarating, and imaginative, artistically-choreographed animation. The conceptual framework of the individual pieces embraces such areas as prehistoric times, the four seasons, nature, hell/heaven, the themes of light vs. darkness and chaos vs. order, dancing animals, classical mythology, and legend.

This Disney production was an ambitious experiment to try to popularize classical music, especially by accompanying it with animation. Originally, the film was to consist of only The Sorcerer's Apprentice segment, but it was expanded to include the full anthology of shorts. Other segments, such as Ride Of The Valkyries, Swan of Tuonela, and Flight of the Bumblebee were storyboarded but never fully animated, and thus were never put into production for inclusion in future Fantasia-style releases....

The film, with a production cost of more than $2 million (about four times more than an average live-action picture), initially failed at the box-office (partially due to the expensive installation of "Fantasound" sound reproduction equipment in theatres)...

Since the late 60s, Fantasia has been warmly embraced, and a sequel titled Fantasia 2000 (1999) appeared as a widescreen IMAX attraction. Fantasia 2000 was the first feature-length animated film released in the IMAX format.

1940 also saw the company move into a new, spacious, studio in Burbank, CA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter