Disney thinks I'm in Canada (but I'm not!) How to fix?

VAfamily1998

DIS Veteran
Sorry, I don't know where to put this. I'm not tech savvy at all!

I live in Virginia, and when I look up my IP address it shows my correct location. But for the past couple weeks when I go to the official Disney website, it automatically brings me to the EN_ CA (English, Canada) version. If I look at booking a room or package, it shows me the Canadian ticket offers, etc.

Why is it doing this, and is there any reason this might cause me a problem? My husband is retired military so I typically book my room over the phone and buy the tickets on base so I can get the discounted rates, so I'm not worried about accidentally booking tickets/rooms I'm not eligible for.

I live in Virginia, and when I look up my IP address it shows my correct location. But for the past couple weeks when I go to the official Disney website, it automatically brings me to the EN_ CA (English, Canada) version. If I look at booking a room or package, it shows me the Canadian ticket offers, etc.

Why is it doing this, and is there any reason this might cause me a problem? My husband is retired military so I typically book my room over the phone and buy the tickets on base so I can get the discounted rates, so I'm not worried about accidentally booking tickets/rooms I'm not eligible for.
Try going to https://www.iplocation.net/. I know there are multiple geolocation systems for IP. Of the three showing for my location, only one is correct (Kentucky). One shows Louisiana, the other shows New Jersey. I think there's a way you can submit a correction, but I don't know what it is.

Every once in a while Disney moves me further North as well. The easiest way to get around is to google Disney and open with a fresh link where my password isn't always stored. Another way to is to empty your cookie cache.
HTH

At the top of the Disney home page there is a place to select/change country or language. Did you try that? Not sure if that will solve your issue, but can't hurt to try it.

That happened to me, except it kept saying I was in Europe. I can't remember how it got fixed.

If clearing the cookies doesnt work, something could be masking your IP address. Logging in from a public computer. It is also possible your spouse could have set your PC to connect via VPN, which could cause this to happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter